Time Trial #55

SPA: I'm at pos #900, and I'm Canadian. Used a default 2011 #14 , but I am reading that the Impala #24 is more tame and smooth, I may change to that.

I just trannyflipped, and rose my car to positive ride heights to try to slam the first section with speed. Finished consistent 2:17s laps, with no idea how to find 5s, but I do know i'm losing half to full 1s times at every low speed corner.

how can you tuning that car to get the gold? i just got bronze. :)
I used an adjusted version of my "Sunshine Express" tune.
Had to give it a few laps to get gold.
When I switched to my RX-7 my times started to really improve. Haven't given the Miata a go yet.

Well, I have to admit it took me a few laps to get used to this, but, I've just gone 5th on a 2:12.465 with quite a bit of time in my pocket when I get all the corners right :) Thanks for the tune Chris :D Even if it is work in progress :)
One tip I can give to everyone looking to improve their time, it is a very heavy car so momentum is the most important thing here, if you make even a small mistake it is instantly noticeable as speed is scrubbed off. Off for some dinner now :)

Well, I have to admit it took me a few laps to get used to this, but, I've just gone 5th on a 2:12.465 with quite a bit of time in my pocket when I get all the corners right :) Thanks for the tune Chris :D Even if it is work in progress :)
One tip I can give to everyone looking to improve their time, it is a very heavy car so momentum is the most important thing here, if you make even a small mistake it is instantly noticeable as speed is scrubbed off. Off for some dinner now :)

👍 Nice one dude! What BHP/Weight are you making?

Just for reference you can all call me John :) Michele I noticed you had a good time around Tsukuba, I got stuck on the setup so only on a 1:07.0 at the moment :)

♪♫ ...and you can call me Al ♪♫

Good one John 👍

Making a bit of progress with the Eunos... up to 10th 11th with a 1'06.813... though still >0.2 of Michele.

I think I'm going to send the car on a B spec enduro tonight to run it in... It's a brand new car and I'm using all upgrades, plus an oil change, and with 100% limiter it only allows 196kg of ballast with rear wing at 18... I want to run less rear wing, so I need MORE POWER :D

♪♫ ...and you can call me Al ♪♫

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
👍 Nice one dude! What BHP/Weight are you making?
I'm on 812bhp but it would be better on 815 with less torque but this car isn't quite new. I have 200kgs ballast onboard so 1765kg :)
Good one John 👍

Making a bit of progress with the Eunos... up to 10th 11th with a 1'06.813... though still >0.2 of Michele.

I think I'm going to send the car on a B spec enduro tonight to run it in... It's a brand new car and I'm using all upgrades, plus an oil change, and with 100% limiter it only allows 196kg of ballast with rear wing at 15... I want to run less rear wing, so I need MORE POWER :D

I only had 66kgs ballast on my tune, guess that goes to show what I know about tuning on GT5 :lol:

The Eunos is harder to drive than the NASCAR :lol:

I just tried the Supercharger instead of the high RPM turbo... don't bother... less bhp, more torque = even harder to drive.

I have a pretty decent balance on it now, and it will run of 6's every lap, but it's really tricky to go very fast in as you have to back it in to the corners to square them off... hard to do that consistently.

Diff is critical on this one.

I just tried the Supercharger instead of the high RPM turbo... don't bother... less bhp, more torque = even harder to drive.

I have a pretty decent balance on it now, and it will run of 6's every lap, but it's really tricky to go very fast in as you have to back it in to the corners to square them off... hard to do that consistently.

I like backing cars into corners :D It is what you have to do in the karts :D

We're running the Suzuki GSX/sports medium on Tsukuba in the current WRS TT and we're coming to the same conclusion: Diff is critical.

I had a go with the Eunos last night and surprised myself with a gold first lap then managed to improve to a 1.09 but it's slippery blighter on CMs. The only way I could get over the understeer was to set the BB to 5/7 and get completely sideways on entry. I'm sure this isn't the best way to do things. Hoping somebody comes up with a good tune. Stotty, help!

Being a Brit I know nothing about NASCAR and assumed it was just racing fast tractors round in circles. I've only got one NASCAR car, Jeff Gordon Impala '11, so I gave it a go. Quite a revelation. It drives like a proper racing car and is great fun on Spa. I just shortened the gears and did a 2.21 so I'm looking forward to trying it with a tune.

Just for reference you can all call me John :) Michele I noticed you had a good time around Tsukuba, I got stuck on the setup so only on a 1:07.0 at the moment :)

nice to meet you guys, it's a very pleasure for me... you are so fast....cheers :D

p.s. i'll share my car nextly :D

I noticed that about half of the top 10 (Spa) are using active steering = strong, but the current #10 (GT1___BLACK) is using TC = 1 @ 2'12.868. Isn't that surprising?
Also, all the top ten except #3 are in 2011 models.

I like backing cars into corners :D It is what you have to do in the karts :D

I love karting 👍

I was out in my Brother-in-laws Rotax end of November at Whilton Mill. I've done a lot of twin engined stuff in the past (Sandown, Milton Keynes), but this was something else... unfortunately the seat was a tad too wide for me and I did my ribs in really badly... took over a month to recover. He's just bought another, faster one, so I'll be taking my rib protector along next time :D

I take it you race them?

We're running the Suzuki GSX/sports medium on Tsukuba in the current WRS TT and we're coming to the same conclusion: Diff is critical.

As you'll see in the settings I'm posting below, I'm using a very low accel... the lower I set it the faster I got.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '99

Current time 1.06.811

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement

200kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 18
Power limiter 99.3%

Makes 246bhp @ 1,031kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 6.6 3.4
Rebound 4 2
Bound 3 1
ARB 1 6
Camber 1.4 0.7
Toe +0.05 +0.10

-ve front toe works on this one too - helps turn in a bit, but I found a bit of +ve better for exit speed.

LSD 5 8 5

Brakes 3 5

This car has a lot of 'brake release oversteer', which is pretty essential for killing the understeer... you might want to start with the brakes at 4,4 then go to 4,5 and then to 3,5 as you get used to it.

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Whilst I remember.... There are a couple of things I want to mention that have really helped me find speed and consistency over the past couple of TT...

1. I've turned my FF down... I used to run low in GT5P, but have used 10 all the time in GT5. I'm finding I can make much smaller and more accurate adjustments with it on a lower setting. I'm still getting used to the lack of weight and changing the actual level, but somewhere around 5 seems to work for me

2. I want to give props to Adrenaline... the primary person who changed my 1 track mind on toe settings. I've always been a -ve toe adict, but following a discussion in the tuning forum on toe post 2.10 I tried +ve and so far it's working 👍

I'll put both my TT cars on share once Bob's finished his 4 hour trip round Tsukuba in the Eunos 👍

I love karting 👍

I was out in my Brother-in-laws Rotax end of November at Whilton Mill. I've done a lot of twin engined stuff in the past (Sandown, Milton Keynes), but this was something else... unfortunately the seat was a tad too wide for me and I did my ribs in really badly... took over a month to recover. He's just bought another, faster one, so I'll be taking my rib protector along next time :D

I take it you race them?

As you'll see in the settings I'm posting below, I'm using a very low accel... the lower I set it the faster I got.

Euno Roadster (NA Special Package) '99

Current time 1.06.811

New car from dealers. Oil change. Change rims. Rear wing.

Parts
Everything except chassis reinforcement

200kg ballast @ pos 50
Aero 18
Power limiter 99.3%

Makes 246bhp @ 1,031kg for 400ppts

Settings
Ride -20 -10
Spring 6.6 3.4
Rebound 4 2
Bound 3 1
ARB 1 6
Camber 1.4 0.7
Toe +0.05 +0.10

-ve front toe works on this one too - helps turn in a bit, but I found a bit of +ve better for exit speed.

LSD 5 8 5

Brakes 3 5

This car has a lot of 'brake release oversteer', which is pretty essential for killing the understeer... you might want to start with the brakes at 4,4 then go to 4,5 and then to 3,5 as you get used to it.

Gears (re-set to default, set max speed to minimum, set individual gears and final)
1st 3.299
2nd 2.411
3rd 1.924
4th 1.581
5th 1.331
Final 3.713

Whilst I remember.... There are a couple of things I want to mention that have really helped me find speed and consistency over the past couple of TT...

1. I've turned my FF down... I used to run low in GT5P, but have used 10 all the time in GT5. I'm finding I can make much smaller and more accurate adjustments with it on a lower setting. I'm still getting used to the lack of weight and changing the actual level, but somewhere around 5 seems to work for me

2. I want to give props to Adrenaline... the primary person who changed my 1 track mind on toe settings. I've always been a -ve toe adict, but following a discussion in the tuning forum on toe post 2.10 I tried +ve and so far it's working 👍

I entered a competition in 2009 in twin engined karts and got all the way to the grand final at Daytona in Milton Keynes, the winner won a kart and entry into the easykart championship for the next year. Unfortunately I only finished 10th in the grand final as my kart had too much toe out and everyone overtook me on the straights, despite this my fastest lap was still in the top few :D In 2010 and 2011 after my success in this competition my dad agreed to buy all the kit so we could race at our local track, despite our very limited budget (which is important in this game :lol:) I did quite well :) I raced in the junior rotax class and my best finish was second, junior rotax is the most popular class in britain currently so unfortunately I spent almost all the time driving with a slightly bent chassis which was hard as we couldn't replace it due to our limited budget. It made the handling less predictable and scrubbed off a bit of straight line speed. Regardless, I had the most fun I've ever had although I kind of regret not attempting a last lap overtake in the race in which I finished 2nd :lol: I always wore a rib protector, it makes it easier (less painful) to fly over the kerbs ;) Unfortunately I had to stop racing in August 2011 as I got rammed particularly badly in a first corner incident :( So since then I've been doing even more GT5 but I haven't really had time to compete in karting for real anymore what with A Level exams and everything happening at the moment.
Just applying your tune to a car now and will be testing it in a few minutes ;)

I want to give props to Adrenaline... the primary person who changed my 1 track mind on toe settings. I've always been a -ve toe adict, but following a discussion in the tuning forum on toe post 2.10 I tried +ve and so far it's working 👍

So glad I could make someone who was already faster than me, even faster...
NO MORE TUNING TIPS!!! :grumpy:

So glad I could make someone who was already faster than me, even faster...
NO MORE TUNING TIPS!!! :grumpy:

:lol::lol::lol:

It's always good to help others get better and enjoy the game more :)

Just ran a maxed out (395PP With max wing) Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88 to a 1:11.4.:crazy:
Could probably get it into the mid 1:10s with a bit of tinkering but it will never be a contender.:lol:

Hey desperado I got a 1.09.4xx with your car mate it can defo get a 1.08.xxx if your brave with the car
Just checked my friends list on the leaderboard and it shows you with a 1.08.4. Did you do another run or is the above a typo?:confused:

Last edited:
Well, I gave it a good hour. Got 2:15.840 which isn't bad for my first TT and using a ds3. Put me in 297th for now. Gonna give it another shot in a bit after the kids leave.

It took me a few laps to get used to your tune but 1:06.592 with your setup Chris :D I lose out a bit in the fast esses in the middle sector but I believe that can be improved by me taking a better line :)

I entered a competition in 2009 in twin engined karts and got all the way to the grand final at Daytona in Milton Keynes, the winner won a kart and entry into the easykart championship for the next year. Unfortunately I only finished 10th in the grand final as my kart had too much toe out and everyone overtook me on the straights, despite this my fastest lap was still in the top few :D In 2010 and 2011 after my success in this competition my dad agreed to buy all the kit so we could race at our local track, despite our very limited budget (which is important in this game :lol:) I did quite well :) I raced in the junior rotax class and my best finish was second, junior rotax is the most popular class in britain currently so unfortunately I spent almost all the time driving with a slightly bent chassis which was hard as we couldn't replace it due to our limited budget. It made the handling less predictable and scrubbed off a bit of straight line speed. Regardless, I had the most fun I've ever had although I kind of regret not attempting a last lap overtake in the race in which I finished 2nd :lol: I always wore a rib protector, it makes it easier (less painful) to fly over the kerbs ;) Unfortunately I had to stop racing in August 2011 as I got rammed particularly badly in a first corner incident :( So since then I've been doing even more GT5 but I haven't really had time to compete in karting for real anymore what with A Level exams and everything happening at the moment.
Just applying your tune to a car now and will be testing it in a few minutes ;)

Sounds very impressive. But you already impressed me but your win the previous TT with the Vette 👍 Although i didn't participate (seriously) i watch the leader board.

BTW do some WRS TT's so you will get promotion and your division match with your driver qualities :D

@Chris
Thanks for the tune again. Gonna give it a go in a bit. Mast be a good one again :sly:

Sounds very impressive. But you already impressed me but your win the previous TT with the Vette 👍 Although i didn't participate (seriously) i watch the leader board.

BTW do some WRS TT's so you will get promotion and your division match with your driver qualities :D

@Chris
Thanks for the tune again. Gonna give it a go in a bit. Mast be a good one again :sly:

Thanks :sly: I did 2 WRS TTs last year but didn't have time to continue, I guess I may do some more at some point, whether I can do them and still do these seasonal events, maybe one each week :D
Also just improved to 1:06.478 putting me 3rd a .3xx is possible though :D Great tune Chris 👍

Well I haven't done a TT in awhile and the mazda one peaked my interest. I don't really tune much so I've been stuck in the low 7s. Looking forward to trying out that tune. Thanks for sharing. 👍

I haven't been on here for a while so, I see a bunch of new fast guys. Nice community here at GTP.

Yeah, blazing lap, Nice Job!. Bandit did you make the GTA finals, I remember you were up there but I didn't follow it until the end. If not, I'd say you're a bit faster than you were.

Last edited:
Also just improved to 1:06.478 putting me 3rd a .3xx is possible though :D Great tune Chris 👍

Great lap, John 👍

I knew the tune was capable of a really fast lap... just needed a better driver :)

Great lap, John 👍

I knew the tune was capable of a really fast lap... just needed a better driver :)
Thanks 👍 It's not surprising that i'm enjoying it so much, it handles like a go kart round here and uses the same braking techniques ;)

Stotty, you've worked your magic once again. Only had time to make the changes and try a couple of laps in the Eunos but it feels fantastic. Looking forward to having a good go with it tomorrow.

Ok chaps, finished doing all the explaining i can on my observations of the last TT. Im putting it down to a glitch and wether or not it happens again i dont know.
If you want to read it go ahead.
I just want to get down to working on these tt's now. Although nascar's gave me nightmares in b-spec event.
I think i'll start with the eunos. Judging by the past posts this may be more tricky than the nascar, but i love a good challenge.

After getting a .478 I spend a couple of hours improving twice by 0.006 each time and then I finally put a decent lap together and get 1:06.399 to go first :D :D Still a few rough edges to polish off though :)

EDIT: Using Chris's (Stotty's) tune of course ;) You've got no excuses now guys :P

Last edited:
Back