Time Trial #55

After getting a .478 I spend a couple of hours improving twice by 0.006 each time and then I finally put a decent lap together and get 1:06.399 to go first :D :D Still a few rough edges to polish off though :)

EDIT: Using Chris's (Stotty's) tune of course ;)

Awesome lap time.. well done buddy 👍

After getting a .478 I spend a couple of hours improving twice by 0.006 each time and then I finally put a decent lap together and get 1:06.399 to go first :D :D Still a few rough edges to polish off though :)

EDIT: Using Chris's (Stotty's) tune of course ;)

👍

Great job man. Why are you D2G again? ;)

Thanks a lot for the tunes Stotty - great stuff. Just one little thing for the NASCAR TT, no oil change gives +- 10 bhp more with your tune. :)

Got a 1:07.954 to kick off with.
Still getting used to the car, weight transfer is a little unpredictable at the moment. Acceleration is fine and could maybe take more, but with that weight transfer as it is right now not a good idea.

Well done Ballistic (i mean Bandit)

👍

'Coz he drove the qualifier in reverse, blindfold.

Thanks a lot for the tunes Stotty - great stuff. Just one little thing for the NASCAR TT, no oil change gives +- 10 bhp more with your tune. :)

Standard car with no oil change makes more bhp? Gotta try that then 👍

Still getting used to the car, weight transfer is a little unpredictable at the moment. Acceleration is fine and could maybe take more, but with that weight transfer as it is right now not a good idea.

Try running the ballast at pos 30 for a few laps... then gradually move it further back in increments of 5 as you get used to it 👍

Awesome lap time.. well done buddy 👍

👍

Well done Ballistic (i mean Bandit)

'Coz he drove the qualifier in reverse, blindfold

Thanks everyone :lol:

Cheers Stotty, was just thinking in that direction. Im getting more use to the car found 2/4 for brakes better, im thinking shifting weight forward i may have to go back to 3/5.

I'm feeling a bit better so I will give this another go :) Nice lap once again Bandit.

Cheers Stotty, was just thinking in that direction. Im getting more use to the car found 2/4 for brakes better, im thinking shifting weight forward i may have to go back to 3/5.

Cool 👍

Although I build them for myself, I do recognise that the majority might not necessarily like a car as loose as I do - no disrespect meant to anyone elses ability or controller method as I'm sure those drivers who are more skilled than I am can handle something more loose!

I will generally start with something quite easy to drive, then as I get used to it I'll make it more unstable until I find my skill limit - I suspect like everyone, the longer I spend driving a car the more instability I can handle.

As such, I can usually give advice on how to make my tunes a bit easier to drive - if someone tells me what they are struggling with I can give them a few simple changes to make it more manageable.... though I obviously can't make the NASCAR feel like it's on race softs :D

Cool 👍

Although I build them for myself, I do recognise that the majority might not necessarily like a car as loose as I do - no disrespect meant to anyone elses ability or controller method as I'm sure those drivers who are more skilled than I am can handle something more loose!

I will generally start with something quite easy to drive, then as I get used to it I'll make it more unstable until I find my skill limit - I suspect like everyone, the longer I spend driving a car the more instability I can handle.

As such, I can usually give advice on how to make my tunes a bit easier to drive - if someone tells me what they are struggling with I can give them a few simple changes to make it more manageable.... though I obviously can't make the NASCAR feel like it's on race softs :D

I understand,
I find i can sometimes pin myself into a corner with a tune and then have to start from scratch and with different a approach. I think what it comes down to is a lack of procedure. I could do with a better method to starting a tune and maybe i would be doing less head scratching, although PD sometimes have some radical logic now and then.
In Prologue there was a handy indicator bar (might of been a performance bar) which i found very handy for setting camber & toe. It did not seem to have a lot else to benifit from but i did figure out how to use it for camber & toe. I miss that.

Stotty, thanks for posting tune, improved time alot in a few laps. Top 200 as of now, and have more to get if I give it some more time. Between this seasonal and the WRS with the GSX, getting lots of laps at Tsukuba.

I used an adjusted version of my "Sunshine Express" tune.
Had to give it a few laps to get gold.
When I switched to my RX-7 my times started to really improve. Haven't given the Miata a go yet.

what's "Sunshine Express" tune? i'm beginner here. :)
i've got Miata last year. maybe i should try.
thanks.

You should try the miata. I just threw on power parts, full weight reduction, and all other parts. Got gold after figuring out how to drive on ice. Few tweaks later I'm in the 1:10.6XX's 3033rd overall:crazy::ouch:

PS welcome to :gtpflag:

Now so I dont double post.

As you can see in my sig I'm in to drag racing. Does anyone have a few tips to get the front end of the Miata to grip a little in the turns? I'm having no problem getting the power down or spinning out. Just some bad understeer.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

thanks for your share. i just to try it. :)

Had a bit before I hit the club, and since Stotty has informed me that the Eunos was buyable from the dealer I put a few laps up, with a current best 1:07.863 with 99% of Stotty's tune. Car is definately a handful and I can't ever tell if it's understeering or oversteering, it's just everywhere all at once, lol.

what's "Sunshine Express" tune? i'm beginner here. :)
i've got Miata last year. maybe i should try.
thanks.
The "Sunshine Express" is a tune I did of the Sprinter Trueno for a tuning shootout a while back. Updates and different tires required me to make a few adjustments for this.
Click on the Outlaw Motorsports Garage link in my signature below.👍👍
Afraid due to technical difficulties on my part the list of tune links on the first page is badly out of date so you may have to look through some of the later pages to find our more recent tunes.:(:drool:

I see Amo's had a go in the NASCAR... pretty incredible lap :bowdown:

Had a bit before I hit the club, and since Stotty has informed me that the Eunos was buyable from the dealer I put a few laps up, with a current best 1:07.863 with 99% of Stotty's tune. Car is definately a handful and I can't ever tell if it's understeering or oversteering, it's just everywhere all at once, lol.

Err, yes, it's a handfull allright :lol:

But it's fast when you get the feel... I was running 6's lap after lap in it yesterday :)

Gravitron posted this video in our current WRS challenge at Tsukuba. It shows the first three places of each division, concurrently. The car is different but this is all about the line taken and the difference between the line taken by less skilled drivers contra very skilled drivers.
Note the greater use of track width by the division 1 drivers and the technique for taking the last wide right-hander.

While I'm at it here's some real life stuff - or -
TT #55 Thread TV Special: Chill between those frustrating redlaps with these snippets from the real world!

Just released (5 feb.) Better than the Nurburgring? The Spa 24 - DRIVE Special (Very nice video):
A track that has changed configuration countless times over it's history. A circuit that has taken lives, created legends, and has no shortage of emotions for the brave men and women who race around it or spectate along the fences. Though not as long as the famous Northern Loop of the Nurburgring, the elevation and weather of Spa is what makes it world famous. Join Leo Parente and the DRIVE crew for an adventure you won't soon forget.

Chris Harris analysing the MX-5 (👎):
Chris Harris has been known to not like the Mazda MX-5, even calling it dirty words in an article a few years back. Now he gets to support his point by swapping his Ferrari 599 with Cameraman and Editor Neil Carey's NA Mazda MX-5. Was Chris wrong a few years ago?

Cosworth Supercharged Eunos Roadster doing Tsukuba in 1'6.xxx

Enjoy!

Nice vids Alan, the first one threw up some interesting possibilities for different lines 👍

I need to learn how to use this off brake oversteer thing.. and trail braking into corners...

Having said that.. i found the car easier to drive by removing the rear wing..

May I add some videos of Tsukuba hotlaps :

It's a Spoon EK9 ... FF, but interesting lines taken by Dori Dori :)

Then this, the epic MX5 battle :

Lots of actions and some close calls :embarrassed: enjoy !!

Last edited:
Ballistic,

Would you mind if i rob some time from your 3rd sector and add it to your 2nd sector?
Its ruining my calculations, makes me look worse than i already am. :lol:

Ballistic,

Would you mind if i rob some time from your 3rd sector and add it to your 2nd sector?
Its ruining my calculations, makes me look worse than i already am. :lol:

Well, hopefully I will be setting an even better time this evening, I was too tired last night having been up since early in the morning and my concentration was very poor :lol:

Trying to find a bit more speed in the NASCAR and struggling... though this is seriously one of THE best combos I can remember... utterly gorgeous to drive.

I'm now running another new car, with no oil change, but c.10 laps round Daytona Oval in practice to run it in a bit. The balance of the car is absolutely perfect, just trying to eek a bit more speed out of it... patricularly through Stavelot, which is killing me!

Amo's lap is flipping incredible... he must have a magic right foot to be able to get the power down as early as he does.

I suspect Amo is running without or very little ballast. I tried it and the car accelerates much faster.

I don't think so.

He's running similar power to me as I can only stay with him on the run up to Le Combes... and his corner speed is too high to be running a really low downforce set up... so he has to be running close to max ballast to make the PPT limit.

Plus you need ballast to get the balance of the car right... I suppose you could get a similar balance with low rear downforce, but then you'd never be able to get the power down.

He's just very good, that's all :lol:

No I meant running maximum downforce without much ballast. ;) I had downforce 50/70, 758bhp, 35 ballast at +50. No doubt that he's very good. :)

Back