Time Trial #55

PD screwed up this TT big time, last time they did it, the TT was playable after the update, because cars got faster, although causing a mess in the leader-boards and making everybody change to a faster car.
This time they practically ended the TT with the update.
It was only 45Mb, how difficult would it be to release the update just before the new TT? who makes these decisions really? My dog would do better:lol:
see u guys in the next one!!

PS Fantastic OP Silk!!!

Last edited:
A bit of perspective guys...

We lost 3 days of a 14 day TT... there was plenty of time to gold the events and set a good time. And PD have to run the updates at some stage.

No one's lost anything, just move on to the next one tomorrow :)

We lost 3 days of a 14 day TT... there was plenty of time to gold the events and set a good time. And PD have to run the updates at some stage.

I agree, I for one was glad that this one was over but have to add my thanks for your tunes and assistance Stotty. I definitely would have been way down the field without a nudge in the right direction with your tunes and advice.

Thanks to ripping_silk too for doing such a great job on keeping the opening post up to date with all the links and info.

Brilliant job guys, looking forward to the next one :cheers:

Last edited:

I agree, I for one was glad that this one was over but have to add my thanks for your tunes and assistance stotty. I definitely would have been way down the field without a nudge in the right direction with you tunes and advice.

Thanks to ripping -silk too for doing such a great job on keeping the opening post up to date with all the links and info.

Brilliant job guys, looking forward to the next one :cheers:

With you all the way. its not like there is an opportunity to update between events when they run one after the other and overlap.

Well done Stotty & ripping-silk and all the guys at the top.:)👍:cheers:

No top 100 for me on these i've just been too pre-occupied.:rolleyes:

ok fair point but they should have run nascar with unlimited pp then there would have been no problems with the update then

I just tried to better my time in the NASCAR event today and oh boy, did things get out of whack or what? My old ghost just lost me on the straights.

For the reasons mentioned above, I think that PD must be forgetting things. Maybe only one dude is working on GT5 these days, considering the new Sony system is right around the corner and part 6 of the GT series is more than likely coming out after that.

It's a shame that I didn't get to improve my laptime with the NASCAR after the update ( I know that I had quite a margin on my current best lap ).

That being said I'm actually sort of happy that they pushed the update through as it means that I'll finish in the top 500 for the first time ever ( in the the 400pp event ) :cheers:

OOOOhhhh.... 💡
No wonder i was struggling to keep up with my ghost......
Thought it was just me heh.

Yup i only got 3-4 hours on my first attempt. Second attempt wasted because of the change

Last edited:
I knew I should have jumped onto this sooner. Was hoping to have a last day attempt at bettering my time. No chance of that now. Heh. Oh well. bring on the new one.

Its alright!!! i told PD not to apply updates during time trials again!!!
8493696110_298a6cf898.jpg

I doubt it... I ran mine in so I could experiment with more power and less aero... and I posted that I'd done it to avoid the 'I can't get the same power as you at x% limiter' questions :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my 2nd go at the NASCAR - currently 11th on 2'12.313, but the car will definitaely run 11's. It's not got quiet as sweet a balance without ballast, but it's faster and I've managed to get rid of most of the understeer.

Thanks to Killmore for pointing out the car is faster with no ballast 👍

2010 Dale Earnhardt JR. #88 Impala

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which car you use as I've tried the Chevvy and Toyota, both 2010 and 2011 models, and found no noticable difference in performance or handling.

Parts
Chassis reinforcement

0kg ballast
Aero 50 58 (have run as low as 52)
Power limiter 93.8%

Makes 773bhp at 1,565kg for 570ppts

Settings
Ride -30 -15
Springs 15.8 14.3
Rebound 7 6
Bound 6 5
ARB 2 6
Camber 2.2 1.0
Toe -0.10 +0.10

LSD 5 12 5

Brakes 5 5

Gears (reset to default, set max speed to minimum, then set individual gears & final)
1st 3.052
2nd 2.358
3rd 1.904
4th 1.571
Final 2.450

Car will be on share.

Im trying to use this tune right now, but my car is at 632pp instead of 570. Is that because of 2.11?

Good work ripping silk thanks for the tips and great to see more kiwis on the leaderboard ...
👍
Anyways, thanks Stotty, ripping_Silk and Argon56

PS Fantastic OP Silk!!!

Thanks to ripping_silk too for doing such a great job on keeping the opening post up to date with all the links and info.

Well done Stotty & ripping-silk and all the guys at the top.:)👍:cheers:

No problem gentlemen, appreciate the support.
If I get to open the next one in a few hours it will be my last for a while... my holidays are drawing to a close ..:ouch:

Stotty: "A bit of perspective guys..."

First, thankyou much for giving us the tunes which got so many of us off the ground and able to run some respectable times.

From my perspective, it's not very businesslike of a company to destroy a live event in which between 50,000 - 100,000 of their customers have participated, and which hundreds of others had been actively trying to better their times in the last waning days of the event. PD knew that 2.11 would destroy this event. It would have been very easy for them as a courtesy to post a news item to the effect that update 2.11 would terminate TT #55 on 2/18; instead they misled everyone by leaving the 2/20 ending date in place.

Finally, if PD management had really been thinking, they would have changed the PP limit of TT #55 in order to allow us to still enter our present cars. This poses an interesting question which perhaps others can address: various NASCARS rated at 570PP in 2.10 would have what PP rating in 2.11 ?? or would some cars have an advantage over others based on the new PP calculation?

Speaking for my own car (Carl Edwards Fusion #99) it went from 570 to 682PP. It should not have been beyond the capability of PD programmers to modify the TT #55 entry requirements to allow every NASCAR formerly at 570 to re-enter the TT. Instead, PD treated everyone as if they had not spent hours researching and improving tunes, ie, with a striking corporate tone-deaf lack of respect.

I might add that a similar thing happened when the Logitech G27 wheel was still unsupported by GT5, despite being one of the most expensive and well-made wheels available. I still wonder if I'm getting all the FFB that this wheel is supposed to provide.

Latest Posts

Back