GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
The fetchbot is not wanting to grab splits for week 104.

I've tried forcing it manually, and it shows that it's grabbing replays from week 102 results, and splits from week 103. The race details are in the Leaderboard for week 104, but for some reason, it's not checking the thread for splits.

I double checked that the split count is in the thread and accurate, and in the correct format. I did not think that would be the issue, as the week does show the correct split count on the board.

I also tried messing around with the thread title, since it has an unusual character this week, to make sure that was not messing it up.

Out of ideas, so I'm posting here for Joost to review.

I think I may have done something dumb :guilty: I asked Jordan to change my user name from Argon56 to Argon and now my splits are not being updated to the leaderboard.....something to do with the change in user name?

I think I may have done something dumb :guilty: I asked Jordan to change my user name from Argon56 to Argon and now my splits are not being updated to the leaderboard.....something to do with the change in user name?

Yes, user name changes usually require manual intervention by an Admin and an update to the registry.

I've updated your name in the registry, so you should be set now. 👍

I have a question about the colours of some of the splits on the leaderboard - some are burgundy coloured and some are black. Why is this?

I understand the red highlighted splits are the fastest possible for that sector, but why are the others burgundy/black with no visible pattern.

Just curious - been wondering about it for a bit now.

I have a question about the colours of some of the splits on the leaderboard - some are burgundy coloured and some are black. Why is this?

I understand the red highlighted splits are the fastest possible for that sector, but why are the others burgundy/black with no visible pattern.

Just curious - been wondering about it for a bit now.

Those are for the fastest sectors within a division, so the fastest div 3 for example will have the burgundy color same for other divs

The times with the red background are the fastest times by all divisions, the "bourgondy" times are the fastest times per division, so multiple s1 times can be red, but there is only 1 red time per sector for each division, the fastest for the division.

Edit; hmm my phone didnt show the reply from manumanu19, so disregard my reply

I wonder what happened to the link that used to be at the lower part of the top of the leader board that took you to the correct forum for that leader board? :dunce:

Sometimes, or actually mostly, the description of the car, track, event is too long to fit the column.

In that case a mod needs to manually update this field in the admin panel to make it shorter so that everything fits nicely, but this does not always happen, so the links are then pushed away :)

Or alternatively, you can use the link at the top of the leaderboard. Just ckick on the name of the event (it's in the gray area between the white boxes labeled "week xxx" and "splits".

It seems to always be there and is never covered up.

Hi Joost,

can I request a flag change please for the leaderboards? I am British, with dual citizenship with Australia having lived there for the last 7 years, but am now living in America (but still running a PAL game)?!?!?!

In short, any of the three flags are relevant, but Australian probably the least so. US flag makes sense now we're living here, but I don't want to confuse people that might think I have an NTSC version of the game. This is only really a problem for replay verification, but since I haven't troubled the podium for some time now, that's not too much of an issue I guess.

So US flag it is...for now! Thanks

Don't know where to post this, but I'd like to be demoted. I still think I've been placed too high Divisionally. If this is not the best place to post this, please do tell me what I need to do.

Don't know where to post this, but I'd like to be demoted. I still think I've been placed too high Divisionally. If this is not the best place to post this, please do tell me what I need to do.

I can understand what you're unhappy about; towards the end of last year I was feeling exactly the same way. It seems that almost everyone who has joined recently has underperformed significantly compared to their inital handicap. From looking at your results, you're actually doing better than most.

I'd suggest you keep at it for now. To be demoted, you need to have shown that you are consistently under-performing compared to your division. You've only done a few events so far, and your results haven't been that bad.

I've been getting Div 4 times since I started. I think that is under-performing.

Maybe you're just not putting enough time into these time trials. If you qualified as a D-3 driver, you should at least be able to finish in your division if you put the time in that you put into the qualifier. These time trials are very competitive as you can see, so you have to be willing to put the time and effort into them to have a good finish. When I first started, I had a hard time keeping up with my division also. I had to really work at it because everyone was so competitive.

Don't get discouraged, just hang in there and keep plugging away, you'll get there. Its not easy I know, but it can be done. In my opinion, a demotion isn't going to serve any real purpose. I'm not sure how serious you are about this whole WRS buissiness, but if you are really serious about improving your skill set, you gotta have what I call the "triple D's. Drive, Dedication, and Determination. If you have them 3 things along with a positive mindset, you will sucede. Going down a division really isn't going to fix anything except make you look good stat wise. Stats don't make the driver, the driver makes the stats.

I'm telling you this because I'd hate to see you demote yourself just because of a few bad finishes. You are a D-3 driver, be proud of that and just work a little harder. I have faith in you and know you can do it, you just have to tell yourself that and believe it. Good luck my friend, I wish the best for you.

Mitch

Firstly, let me preface this, Mitch, by saying that this isn't directed at you in particular - I just need to vent.

Maybe you're just not putting enough time into these time trials.

I'll come back to this point.

If you qualified as a D-3 driver, you should at least be able to finish in your division if you put the time in that you put into the qualifier.

Firstly, the Qualifier is weighted at double the TT's, and I've been putting in a lot more time than I put into the qualifier - I think I only worked on it for about 2-3 hours. I must spend about 10 hours at least on a TT. So that doesn't make sense.

These time trials are very competitive as you can see, so you have to be willing to put the time and effort into them to have a good finish.

You mean so much effort that my arms and legs hurt for days after with the feeling that I've done good, that I am pretty fast. Only to look at the results and see that I'm still slower than people in my own division. And that my handicap still sucks because everyone else is going faster.

When I first started, I had a hard time keeping up with my division also. I had to really work at it because everyone was so competitive.

Everyone goes faster, after I've already hit my peak. That's not competitive, that's just me not going any faster after working for hours to be competitive, for people to just go faster than me.

Don't get discouraged, just hang in there and keep plugging away, you'll get there. Its not easy I know, but it can be done.

I know you're only trying to make me feel better, but it still hurts when you say "it's not easy". I've been saying that every week, and I get so elated when I go faster than myself, but it's just never fast enough.

In my opinion, a demotion isn't going to serve any real purpose. I'm not sure how serious you are about this whole WRS buissiness, but if you are really serious about improving your skill set, you gotta have what I call the "triple D's. Drive, Dedication, and Determination. If you have them 3 things along with a positive mindset, you will succeed. Going down a division really isn't going to fix anything except make you look good stat wise. Stats don't make the driver, the driver makes the stats.

Well what was the whole point of joining the WRS in the first place if I didn't get the feeling that I was "this" fast. I was expecting that I would be as good as others in my division, because that's why there is divisions, so people know roughly how fast you are. It's a way of comparing myself to other drivers. It's not just about stats if I'm not performing at the same level as other D3 drivers, I've been placed in the wrong division if I consistently get to that level mid-week, then cannot go faster while everyone else does.

I'm telling you this because I'd hate to see you demote yourself just because of a few bad finishes.

A few bad finishes - that's like every week since I started. I've been consistently bad for my division placement. I'm not in the right division, people have said it would take me a few weeks to be competitive with the people in my own division, but it's not happening. The people in my own division are faster than me, even people in the divisions below me.

You are a D-3 driver, be proud of that and just work a little harder.

I'm just tired of working so hard to only be punished for not being fast enough.

I know my handicap won't matter, that's what everyone says, but it's not about that - my self-esteem matters. I can't continue to be so much off the pace and not do anything about it. I like running these TT's, but it's not much fun when you work so hard to get that last tenth to find that it's not good enough.

I have faith in you and know you can do it, you just have to tell yourself that and believe it.

I do tell myself I can go faster, but I don't see what I'm not doing enough of. I had the drive to get into the WRS, if I hadn't joined I would continue to undervalue my abilities and feel like I was slow.

When I was placed in Div 3 Gold I felt pretty good, I thought wow that's fast. Then every TT I've been getting Div 4 times, so I don't feel so proud of being in Div 3 anymore.

I think a demotion would actually be a boost to my self-esteem, I can't keep trying and trying to be as fast as people in my own division, because it's not happening, it's taking longer than everyone told me it would and I'm losing all sense of why I'm doing this.

I thought it was because I wanted to become a better driver, but from the results nothing seems to be happening in that regard. I still feel slow because I'm not really a Div 3 driver and I don't think I ever was.

First, I did not say anything "just to make you feel better." I firmly believe everything I said. I'm kinda offended that you said that actually. I did not take the time to sit here and respond to your post only to make you feel better. To put it bluntly, thats bullcrap. I'm only trying to help you and give you some heartfelt advice through my own experiences.

Second, its clear that you have self esteem issues as far as this matter goes and anything I further say to try and help you just isn't going to matter. I still stand by everything I said. If you don't want any further advice from me, thats fine. Just thought I'd try to help, thats all. Good luck to you my friend, hope you get what your looking for, just think a demotion is the wrong way to go. Take care.

Fair enough, I'm still waiting on someone to tell me what I need to do to be demoted.

Well, if thats really want you want to do, a simple pm to one of the staff here may get you what you want. Maybe pm EDK, I'm sure he'll help you out or at least point you in the right direction pertaining to your question. Good luck my friend.

Well, if thats really want you want to do, a simple pm to one of the staff here may get you what you want. Maybe pm EDK, I'm sure he'll help you out or at least point you in the right direction pertaining to your question. Good luck my friend.

Thanks, will do that.

@ Ian, I can understand what makes you unhappy.... but please do not compare divisions when you race online... For example ; Litchi used to be Div3... but actually is at least at div2 Gold driver....

About the TT's... I went for it this week all the way, meaning I actually had more than 12hours track time....but at a certain point I could not improve anymore leaving me at Par this week....

You said that your arms and body hurt when you drive that long, IMO opinion you should check your position, FFB.... cause it should be fun, instead off pain.

@ iainoflo, I'm in exactly the same position as you (consistently missing my division placement times by a HUGE margin) although I'm not suffering the pain of the effort. I really hope that you might change your mind and stick with it a little longer but I completely understand your position.

Back