PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

We are looking for a D1 host. Owensracing?

Yes, we will start at the start line.

Edit : owensracing is hosting D1

Last edited:

EKTuU.png

6jBFD7w.png

Division 1 Room #
1472-6118-3830-2748-2584
Division 2 Room #
1472-6118-3744-3749-1002

grid_round6.png

gate13.jpg

Pre-race briefing | Monaco | Round 6

6jBFD7w.png

Event information - Saturday, March 9th

Qualifying deadline: 09.00 UTC | 01.00 PST | 04.00 EST

Connect time: 20.00 UTC | 12.00 PST | 15.00 EST

Green Flag time: 21.00 UTC | 13.00 PST | 16.00 EST

Division 1 host: owensracing Division 2 host: twistedfirework
Race distance: 150 km - 45 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 20.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.

6jBFD7w.png

800px-monte_carlo_formula_1_track_map-svg.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

This rule is, of course, also pertinent to both regular season qualifying and the group qualifying to be held especially for the pre-season event.

≡Track Specific ≡

Pit Entry: Only thing to keep in mind is to not enter too fast. The game will penalise you or even hold you in the pits with no release. DO NOT use any barriers or walls as guide or to gain time/speed.

Pit Exit: Make sure to respect the white pit exit lines. You can cross them, but only if you're 100% sure that the track is clear.
As always, if an incident occurs as a result from a driver crossing the line (Either the one on track, or the one exiting the pits), it is the driver that crossed the line who is at fault

≡Running Wide ≡

There's a few spots to be extra careful at.
  1. Turn 10, the Nouvelle chicane, keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips.
  2. Walls and barriers must not be used to gain time or speed.
≡Fuel ≡

The in-game fuel calculator doesn't function correctly. You must do a test run of approx half distance and calculate your own fuel usage. If you follow the guidelines set by the game, you will run out of fuel

6jBFD7w.png

A guide to rolling starts by Dr_Watson

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

6jBFD7w.png

2Glocxt.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Host Inspection Guide ≡
Procedure -
Reset track. All cars must be off track, in the lobby, check for the wrench icon denoting drivers changing settings. Advise drivers to not speak or go into settings and commence inspections. If any drivers go into settings during checks, they must be restarted. All cars will be inspected at the same time. Before checks begin, set the number of laps or any other required race settings.

Proceed with inspection.

• Weight checks are conducted first for the cars that must carry ballast.
    Set the weight and call the cars to track in this order:
    1. 1190kg
    *Lexus IS350
    2. 1050kg
    *Toyota Altezza Touring Car*

Performance point checks are carried out next.
    Set the room to the following PP, then call cars to sit in their pit stalls, in this order:

1. 506pp
    *Spoon S2000 Race Car*
    2. 507pp
    *S2000 LM Race Car*
    3. 508pp
    *RE Amemiya RX7 '06*
    4. 509pp
    *Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08*
    5. 510pp
    6. 515pp
    *Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03*
    7. 517pp
    *Toyota Wedssport Celica '03*
    8. 518pp
    *Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza '08*
    9. 520pp
    *Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza '03*
    10. 521pp
    *Lexus Wedssport IS350 '08*

Following performance point checks are power checks.
    Set the room to the following settings, then call cars to track, in this order:
    1. 305hp
    *Toyota Wedssport Celica '03*
    2. 315hp
    *RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06*
    3. 325hp
    *Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03*
    *Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08*
    *Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
    *S2000 LM Race Car*
    *Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza '03*
    *Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza '08*
    4. 345hp
    Lexus Wedssport IS350

6jBFD7w.png

Guys im sorry but i had an emergency. I cannot make it to the race, i apologize to outlaw for helping me with the Q. So ill see you later or try to, again im sorry

GT5 and my internet are disagreeing for some bizarre reason. D/c'd during the formation lap, reset my internet and it seems to be working fine now, but I can't re-enter the room.

Looking at the lobby list it shows the D1 room isn't racing. I sent a PSN message to Owens telling him to go ahead, don't know if he saw it. Anyways I don't know if you guys are still waiting for me or something, but go ahead, I'm done. I you guys are actually racing and the lobby is just lying to me, you can just ignore me I guess :P

I think after this series I'm going to be done with GT5 other than messing around with hybriding. I've been losing interest lately, and then stuff like this only helps to discourage me more.

Last edited:
Holding 2nd in D2 and "POOF", the dreaded DC for the third time in this series (one before the race started). I did everything possible to minimize the possibility of a DC on my end, to no avail. :(

This is why I don't spend a lot of time online in GT5. I was looking for at least a top 5 finish in D2. If I am around for the last 2 races, I'll join. Funny, all my other games hold a connection.

Last edited:
It must be a Canadian connection thing. I work all week to get reasonably comfortable and get kicked out on the 2nd lap. That is very frustrating.

It must be a Canadian connection thing. I work all week to get reasonably comfortable and get kicked out on the 2nd lap. That is very frustrating.

I saw that bob, feeling you're pain! Darn PD!!!

Sour taste everywhere!

A lot of people had a bad weekend, it sucks. I didn't experience anything bad this time. Had an awesomely fun time racing Monaco, probably the funnest race here I've ever had. I did get slight damage on my front left, twice, during the second half of this long round, but I was able to keep the same pace up with a tweaked wheel.

Had an absolutely amazing side-by-side moment with Skeng on lap 21 in La Rascasse. It was just phenomenal, probably couldn't fit a piece of paper between us. I gotta get a quick capture of that and show you guys.

My race was almost a disaster. Decided to go for a 1 stopper as I knew there was no way to beat Tony and we had pulled away from the rest of the pack pretty quickly. So I settled in and cruised behind him for a while. Did my pit stop on lap 22-23 and put 30 liters in. Unfortunately I knew as soon as I came off pit road that wasn't enough. Had to pit again with 6 to go, game said 3 liters, I thought 10 and put in 12. Needless to say I crossed the finish line in the red and wouldn't have made if very far after that. Too close. Although I was sure I would lose a couple spots when I pitted for the second time and was surprised to not only keep my spot but still had a huge gap to 3rd.

Anyway, happy with 2nd I guess but you think a lot of you would get tired of participating in the Tony show every weekend...

Had a good race until the last laps. Planned for a three stopped, got unsure duing the race and pitted too late (race lap 13) for the first stop, two laps too late.

Good pace during most of the time. Last laps was, well, interesting. Gooners was on a marathon stint, and plenty of cars got piled up behind, Gooners making himself very wide. I was on a three stopper, Tim in front of on a two stopper, and Gooners in reality on a one stopper. I looked at the replay, and I think I drove clean, was reasonably patient, and got past on lap 45 after been trying for about 5 laps. But just as I got past, there was a sizable incident behind me.

Last edited:
My race was... interesting, to say the least.

Right up to the green, I debated on 2 vs 3 stopper. With the 2, the plan was simple, three fifteen lap stints, taking 12 liters, and then around 28~32, depending on consumption. The three-stopper meant going in on Laps 9, 21, and 33. Jeff pretty much made the choice for me. He wasn't going that fast, but kept a good enough pace that I was saving gas. When he went in, I chose two stops. When I came out, anthony was right on my tail, and I had to play defense while pushing my car to the limits, so I could stay ahead of him. That worked well, and pulled away, until I reached Skeng. Again, I went into conservation mode, matching his pace, but I did give him a bump after T16 when he tagged the wall, and... it looked really weird on screen. He rode it and popped around. He did allow me to pass at the straight, which I really appreciated.

Pretty nervous during the second stop, as I didn't do a fuel test, so I played with the number until it got locked at 29. Once I came out, I was all the way down in 10th, and more surprisingly, it didn't look like anyone in front was stopping. At that point, I really babied the car both for better mileage and I needed enough tire to hold off Jeff/Skeng in case either caught up to me from behind. With about 7 to go, I saw a queue of about 4-6 cars ahead of me, and on my screen, it was looking pretty rough. Really hoped it would clear, but it didn't, so I caught up around Lap 44. On Lap 45, at the hairpin, we were two-by-two, with me on the outside rear, and then... not sure what occurred. The end result was me going from 7th to 5th, which I held, with enough gas for maybe one more lap, but no more.

Here's the video of the move between Skeng and me I was talking about:

And D1 results:
az4M40z.jpg

Incredible fastest lap from Tony.

Ran out of fuel half way through the last lap struggling to hold off kolden. Ended up losing two positions because of my empty tank. Totally sucked. Other than that, was a really fun and challenging race.

Just curious to know how much fuel everyone put in and how much left they had at the finish. Monaco was a track where I did all I could to save gas, from setup to driving style.

I put in 34 litres and only just made it home. I was short shifting like mad on the last 3 laps. I didn't rev past 6,200 revs for the whole race.

Just curious to know how much fuel everyone put in and how much left they had at the finish. Monaco was a track where I did all I could to save gas, from setup to driving style.

39 and ran out

41 liters.

I'm a chicken
I took the same amount and my gauge was a carbon copy of yours, maybe a tick more, and I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to finish another lap. Wish the bar was a lot larger.
Same here....41, but, after crash because lag, I refuel 8 ltrs more! I think was not enough with first 41lt refueled!! I noticed that my car usually has more fuel wear that the most!
Your tank looked the same as Jeff's, and he ran out on the last lap, so you're probably right.
I put in 37 litres which was probably around 3-4 too much but better safe than sorry .
Where can I get a Celica? :crazy:

I took the same amount and my gauge was a carbon copy of yours, maybe a tick more, and I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to finish another lap. Wish the bar was a lot larger.
Your tank looked the same as Jeff's, and he ran out on the last lap, so you're probably right.
Where can I get a Celica? :crazy:

ive got one you can have

Back