650PP NASCAR Challenge

• Thread starter Argon
  • 188 comments
Still progressing at Monza with lower PP.

Won at 548PP......434hp by .401 sec's. $3,909,260......exp 475,700. $4 mill could be there?

Total time 12:39 BL 1:47+.

Still using mostly one of Stotty's tunes from Spa with 1565kg (no ballast), aero 37 - 43.

Still progressing at Monza with lower PP.

Won at 548PP......434hp by .401 sec's. $3,909,260......exp 475,700. $4 mill could be there?

Total time 12:39 BL 1:47+.

Still using mostly one of Stotty's tunes from Spa with 1565kg (no ballast), aero 37 - 43.

How much faster do you think you can go if the AI is not in the way? Nice racing though, it really inspires a toon like me 👍

Don't know how much lower I can go except that I think I can manage a little bit more yet.

Of course the slightest mistake ruins your run and many starts are sometimes required.

I never get held up by cars, I always manage to overtake when I need to. Anyway I'll give it another try.

OK, tried and won at 545PP.....434hp, (same hp as I removed the rear aero and lowered the front to 31.)

Total time 12:46.4........BL 1:47+ to win $3,991,850 exp 485,750....won by .5 sec in a scrappy race which I nearly pulled out of a couple of times however I had taken 1st place before the last chicane in lap 7 a couple of tries earlier so knew it could be done.

Still no $4 mil but I think it could happen ..........later, as my thumbs are too sore now.

Last edited:
How much faster do you think you can go if the AI is not in the way? Nice racing though, it really inspires a toon like me 👍

As I have pointed out earlier, if you hit the sand anywhere you may as well start again.

And you want to be in 7th or 8th place at the end of the 1st lap, and still going under the overhead walkway in the 2nd last straight within the 1:17 to 1:18 time frame. Except for the 1st lap when it's hit about 1:20.
First lap should be under 1:51 sec and all the rest between 1:47 to 1:49, for best results, although that's a guide only.

I don't allow overtaking unless I know I can easily retake my position and I cut the green areas at both chicanes. And I use no TC, did for some of the higher hp ones (TC1) but not at these lower ones.

Good luck, someone will get $4 mill here eventually and I'm only your average player, usually around 4 or so secs off the pace in the Time Trials.

Haven't done these yet but it sounds like a 7 speed transmission should work nicely on London.:)

As with most of the non-TT seasonals, it's fairly easy to gold the races if PP is set to the maximum limit. The trick for me (and I'm sure many others) is to make them more challenging by tuning adjustments and lower PP settings. I managed to win the London race with 2011 Jeff Gordon Impala set to a PP of 625 but it took a few goes before I caught the rabbit out of the last corner of the last lap. I'm not a very good driver and I'm certain others can do it with a still lower PP. I think you need more grunt at Fuji and Monza otherwise you just get blitzed on the faster sections. I did these with a PP of 640, but again my skill level means that others can win with less power than that. Would be interesting if people could post their PP levels for each race.

I manage to get ~3.2 M at pp575 last night with Jeff G's 2011 . did it 3 times but never won at 570pp. Then I thought, i don't have to push it. getting >3M in less than 13 min is just enough. ok na yun hehehe. i used the setups posted here and they worked like magic. Golded all 4 last night easily.
Go kabayan!

Last edited:
Having managed 4 out of 5 laps at London with 51-52 seconds/lap with a 2010 Impala and still not made better than 2nd due to bouncing off the walls or opponents!

I took a Camry, forget which one (Are they different anyway?) and tuned it to be very pointy so softened front springs by 3.0 from stock, front compression and rear extension to 6 front roll bar to 4. Front ride fully down, rear stock. Front downforce full, and adjusted rear downforce to give me exactly 650pp. My fastest laps were then 49seconds and winning was easy. You need to get the gearing spot on, so after the tranny trick and reducing the top gear nearly as far as possible, I set the final ratio to give me top so as the car was just bouncing off the limiter at the braking point at the end of the start finish straight*, if I was slip streaming a car in front. Bottom gear was set fairly high to avoid too much wheel spin pulling out of the corners so the gaps to 2nd and 3rd were evened out to give me a very close ratio gearbox! The car was able to pass opposition on acceleration on the straights and I could really hammer it into corners with late braking seeing me pass even more opposition.

*I tested this by deliberately running into the barrier to check I was really as close to the limiter in top as I could get. Run in clean air, with the driving line on. Make sure you get as fast an exit as possible from the last corner and the car should hit the limiter about 1/3rd of the way past the start of the red braking zone! This gave me the gearing that was just right.

Last edited:
Was surprised how easy these events were. Had to divebomb the leader at London to get the win but the others were very simple.

Would've liked to have an Indy or Daytona race in it but NASCARS in London? 💡

For guys who have trouble with london...this is what i did and it shaved seconds of my lap time!

i used a Toyota Camry (the purple 2011 one) with OIL change and extra body rigidity

ADD 110kg's of Ballast to the rear (50) of the car. it will get 51/49 weight distrubution, at the same time it will lower the pp aswell wich means more cash:sly:

Max out (50 i believe) front downforce, 55 downforce for the rear.
(if you find it oversteering too much you can add more rear downforce if you want, but for me it didnt really improve my laptimes)

Transmission set to 285kmh, you will not hit higher speeds anyway

LSD 7/20/10

Suspension, simple:
lower the ride height to -15 Front & Rear
lower the compression ratio of the shocks to 4 instead of 8 to allow some weight shifting
front toe -0.04 rear toe -0.12

Last but not Least,
put 1 TCS and 1 ABS, everything else off. normally i dont use TCS in my set ups, but in london it helps quite a bit! you can just slam the throttle out of a corner and dont worry about wheel spin at all

i hit laps of high 48 secs with this, low 49 secs is very easy to get (got some on my first try). even with all 50 sec you will win with ease.

Hope it will help!

Won these first try with a brand spanking new 2011 Dale Jr Chevy. No oil change, added my weight and turned all the other aids off. BB 4/1 no abs. London just maxed the DF and lowered the trans down. Other tracks put everything back to default.

Have to say I enjoyed London the most. Watching the replay was so funny watching those big Amurican beasts screaming through London. YeeeHaw!!!

For some reason I love driving these cars on road courses. Cockpit cam is really cool-love the cabin detailing.

@gt4rulez

I did the rear ballast thing too and power at 100% so right at 650pp . Biggest time chop was a big adjust of the tranny, 4.816 rear, 1.000 4th, 1.333 3rd, 1.667 2nd and 2.000 1st. That knocked 2 secs off right away and led to 50sec laps.

The other thing is to find the right line on the ess bend Charing Cross /St. Martins to avoid hitting the walls before coming round Trafalgar Sq. I went left a bit into the shadows and managed a clean path for the 7 laps..

Prize car was the 48 Lowes car.

Did it, cracked the $4 mil mark at Monza.

543PP... 438hp... 1694kg (+120kg)... power 51.6%

aero F 34.. R 47

BB 5.. 4

H -30..+1

Springs 15.8.. 14.3

Damp ext 7.. 6
D com 6.. 5
R 2.. 6

Camber 2.7.. 1.0
Toe -10..+10

LSD 5 12 5

All that for 12:41s, won by 1.614 secs (BL 1:47+) for $4,046,910 exp 492,450.

PS, Not really sure whether the above settings helped or hindered on every occasion however they worked in the laps I put in to reach that goal. And as you can see, there is still more which can be gained.

Last edited:
Loved this seasonal...London took a few tries but i got it finally..not a big Nascar fan but they handle ok once you get used to having to break earlier then normal ...then took my 649 Impala to the 650 season and whipped everything there in it at Laguna Seca.

Well I thought that cracking the $4mil mark at Monza would satisfy me, but no, I felt I could still improve and so lowered the PP and hp a little further and had another round or two, or eleven.

Just won at 541PP, 432hp, all the rest of the tune the same as above.

Win $4,101,970 exp 499,150. Most I have ever won in a single race I believe.

Have to say it's disappointing that there are so few willing to have a go at this at an extreme low PP, seems most of the faster drivers are concentrating on the Time Trial, even Cargo appears to have given up on it.

Well, I guess that means I am the best in the world at it, seeing as there are is no one else game enough to, HAVE A GO and beat me. Although I expect there would be a few HAVING A GO, but unable to match my PP here.

Perhaps I will start a thread and issue a challenge then no one can say they were unaware of the extreme low PP wining here.

Well I thought that cracking the $4mil mark at Monza would satisfy me, but no, I felt I could still improve and so lowered the PP and hp a little further and had another round or two, or eleven.

Just won at 541PP, 432hp, all the rest of the tune the same as above.

Win $4,101,970 exp 499,150. Most I have ever won in a single race I believe.

Have to say it's disappointing that there are so few willing to have a go at this at an extreme low PP, seems most of the faster drivers are concentrating on the Time Trial, even Cargo appears to have given up on it.

Well, I guess that means I am the best in the world at it, seeing as there are is no one else game enough to, HAVE A GO and beat me. Although I expect there would be a few HAVING A GO, but unable to match my PP here.

Perhaps I will start a thread and issue a challenge then no one can say they were unaware of the extreme low PP wining here.

good to hear you cracked the Cr.4M mark!. Do not be too disappointed yet as I see others hacking in on other tracks earning over 4M+ also while some are still trying to hit the same pp that you reached. Me, still far... but I just broke my 565pp target minutes ago before I saw your post and i was using a stock camry with just a tranny tweak and all others setup untouched (well..yeah i was cutting greens :guilty:) . Did try 545 for a single try but ended 5th then i bailed out. A few tweaks tomorrow and i hope to break it too.

good to hear you cracked the Cr.4M mark!. Do not be too disappointed yet as I see others hacking in on other tracks earning over 4M+ also while some are still trying to hit the same pp that you reached. Me, still far... but I just broke my 565pp target minutes ago before I saw your post and i was using a stock camry with just a tranny tweak and all others setup untouched (well..yeah i was cutting greens :guilty:) . Did try 545 for a single try but ended 5th then i bailed out. A few tweaks tomorrow and i hope to break it too.

What ballast are you using? Have you copied the tune I am using?

What ballast are you using? Have you copied the tune I am using?

at 565, ballast is at zero. I just pulled limiter. I was suppose to stop at 580 until a saw a trans setup calculator, It got me curious and just for the heck of it, gave it a try and broke 565 in a single try.

at 545, I tried one time only. used 150kg ballast, same trans setup, but took all aero off, pulled limiter down to reach 545 and after scratching the barrier trying to cut the greens, i ended up 5th.

yes, I would like to use your 543 tuning. I will try that also tomorrow.

at 565, ballast is at zero. I just pulled limiter. I was suppose to stop at 580 until a saw a trans setup calculator, It got me curious and just for the heck of it, gave it a try and broke 565 in a single try.

at 545, I tried one time only. used 150kg ballast, same trans setup, but took all aero off, pulled limiter down to reach 545 and after scratching the barrier trying to cut the greens, i ended up 5th.

yes, I would like to use your 543 tuning. I will try that also tomorrow.
Where is that trans setup calculator? I'll accept your challenge. I'm going to run it today.

Where is that trans setup calculator? I'll accept your challenge. I'm going to run it today.

I dont know if you guys saw this and used it before, its on an excel spreadsheet, and it was posted Sep 11, 2011.

but here is a link of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4ZCqpHxmI

The actual calculator is also in the uploader comment and in this link:

http://www.filedropper.com/transratiocalculator-onlychangehighlightedvalues

I only tried the 4 gear trans calc (for NASCARs), but the calc has it for 3 to 8 gear transmission setups.

And before I forget things up. Thanks to the uploader "clucasrob85". this is a very useful tool to learn.

Last edited:
I dont know if you guys saw this and used it before, its on an excel spreadsheet, and it was posted Sep 11, 2011.

I only tried the 4 gear trans calc (for NASCARs), but the calc has it for 3 to 8 gear transmission setups.

And before I forget things up. Thanks to the uploader "clucasrob85". this is a very useful tool to learn.

Dalone? have you used this before?

Thanks Marqus, I'll try that out. 👍

593PP London
550PP Autumn Ring
580PP Fuji Speedway F

Done on London, think I can knock another 10PP or so off without all that much trouble, but don't care to.
Done on Autumn Ring, pretty close to limit.
Not done on Fuji.

I wish PD had put in a few road courses for these events like Road Course Daytona/Indy. Anyways, maybe we'll see a few more NASCAR road courses in GT6. I'm not even a fan of NASCAR, but I can appreciate the racing they partake in.

Last edited:
For guys who have trouble with london...this is what i did and it shaved seconds of my lap time!

i used a Toyota Camry (the purple 2011 one) with OIL change and extra body rigidity

ADD 110kg's of Ballast to the rear (50) of the car. it will get 51/49 weight distrubution, at the same time it will lower the pp aswell wich means more cash:sly:

Max out (50 i believe) front downforce, 55 downforce for the rear.
(if you find it oversteering too much you can add more rear downforce if you want, but for me it didnt really improve my laptimes)

Transmission set to 285kmh, you will not hit higher speeds anyway

LSD 7/20/10

Suspension, simple:
lower the ride height to -15 Front & Rear
lower the compression ratio of the shocks to 4 instead of 8 to allow some weight shifting
front toe -0.04 rear toe -0.12

Last but not Least,
put 1 TCS and 1 ABS, everything else off. normally i dont use TCS in my set ups, but in london it helps quite a bit! you can just slam the throttle out of a corner and dont worry about wheel spin at all

i hit laps of high 48 secs with this, low 49 secs is very easy to get (got some on my first try). even with all 50 sec you will win with ease.

Hope it will help!

Thank you for this set up. It helped, as I have finished 2nd, after planty of 3rd finishes. Still leader is some 4 sec in front...

Dalone? have you used this before?

Never heard of it but will have a look.

In case anyone else is interested I started a NASCAR@Monza 570PP online race.

I started a room online called NASCAR@Monza 570PP.

Ran it at 541PP (alone) and am getting similar lap times.

Strange that drivers aren't flocking to it, ha ha. Anyway I'll leave it on one TV so if anyone shows up I'll see it.

Back