◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
D3 Round 1 Race 2

Memorable Moments in D3.
This is one of the best races that I've participated since I started racing in SNAIL. Thanks to all racing in D3 for making such great racing week to week. It has been pretty clean experience in D3! 👍👍👍

This race was full of very interesting battles throughout the 6 laps! :gtpflag:
TrialMountainCircuit_27_zpsa951efbf.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_23_zps19b97a23.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_22_zps038ab765.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_21_zpsdde5b4f1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_20_zpsc8c337dc.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_zps9bc8215b.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1_zpsf015c3fe.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_2_zpsf0af48d7.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_3_zps239cbdfc.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_4_zps61f082c4.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_5_zpsd6413413.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_6_zpsbed720a5.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_7_zpsbf09dedb.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_8_zpsa8a29590.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_9_zpsa6c173b4.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_11_zps1e39b32b.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_12_zps1f9419c1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_13_zps16b3a3d2.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_15_zps46b3a685.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_16_zps205b1fb1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_17_zps2725cb78.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_18_zps89af5429.jpg

A thanks to our sponsors for this week's PIX:

Alignment Service Provided by Alpine Stars

TrialMountainCircuit_10_zpsf236c97e.jpg

Braking Power Provided by Brembo

TrialMountainCircuit_14_zpsd3f63e93.jpg

Sponsor Permitting (time): I'll get some NASCAR shots tomorrow as we also had 'The WRECK' and some pretty intense battles.

Round 3 Race 1 - The Great American Nascar Oval

Superspeedway-Daytona_25_zps9dbaa039.jpg

Ohh Fearless Leader and Winner of the Night!👍
Superspeedway-Daytona_24_zpsb7eb38b8.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_23_zpsf5caf676.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_22_zps14c8a0c8.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_21_zps788aa1dd.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_20_zpsce109cfc.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_19_zps645c504a.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_18_zps811ebedf.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_17_zps99e89366.jpg

Aimed for the Smoke and somehow made it alive and through!
Superspeedway-Daytona_16_zps45b0c6d2.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_15_zps9433400d.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_14_zps8f8051a4.jpg

The next 13 laps this happened!
Superspeedway-Daytona_13_zps567fe84f.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_12_zps5b7176d5.jpg

TCrash takes it with a Great Defensive Move! :bowdown:

Superspeedway-Daytona_11_zpsa76d8f99.jpg

Round 3 Race 2

Superspeedway-Daytona_10_zps79fc4670.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_9_zpsaef5c2df.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_8_zps1d5d3e2c.jpg

Mowing the Infield Grass it was limiting my view!
Superspeedway-Daytona_7_zps0b74c076.jpg

New Leader.... for how long can he hold it?

Superspeedway-Daytona_6_zps7fa98fbb.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_5_zps1296ec9e.jpg

If you don't keep the line.. you get Shuffled !
Superspeedway-Daytona_4_zps7f306184.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_3_zps582834ab.jpg

Who says you cannot make it 4 wide ?

Superspeedway-Daytona_2_zps7d490cf0.jpg

By a McQueen Tonge!
Superspeedway-Daytona_1_zps89bcaeef.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. I would like to try to get back in it soon since things have calmed down for me a bit. I think I raced around November last year and had a really good time with you guys. I also treated myself to a wheel finally so I though what better way to learn it than do some racing.

Al! Hows it been man! Welcome back, if you're looking to try that wheel "trial by fire" style, Bowler has got some oval racing going down tonight. I'll see if I can get the link for ya.

Edit.
Here it is

Thank you rally. I am so much slower with it. I don't think I can keep up with the guys from D2 anymore sadly. It turned the game into a whole new animal.

Thank you rally. I am so much slower with it. I don't think I can keep up with the guys from D2 anymore sadly. It turned the game into a whole new animal.

Hey albteman015,

Why don't you run the time trial with your shiny new wheel, then pm me the results :-)

Good to have you back!

kcheeb

Well, maybe they fix it again in one of the more recent patches, but I believe back in maybe patch 2.09, when they claimed to have "fixed" the clutch, they made it sort of rev match on its own. Not like a lambo style rev match, where it matchs, and then drops into gear, but more like, you drop the clutch, and instead of getting tire "lock" where the tires are forced to now move slow then the speed of the car and thus dragging the tires (great for drifting) it just matches revs and nothing happens. you can heel toe I guess, but without really having the effects of missing your rev point, you wont know if you're hitting or missing the right spot. I'll see if I can find the post with more info on it.

Edit:
Ok, this is the best I could find. I do remember on either a drifting post or a tuner post that they said while it made it less likely to miss a shift, it also had the effect of rev matching without using the gas, as I mentioned above. I've not used the clutch much, though I am starting to use the H gate more. I'll take some time to experiment with this in the next few days I suppose.

Yup, I remember reading through some of those link threads when I was trying to figure out why I was missing so many shifts. But at the end of the day, there didn't seem to be any consensus on whether or not Update 2.10 actually did anything to help the problem or not. Regardless, I'm definitely interested on hearing your thoughts on whether or not heal/toe'ing is doable and realistic in the game. I've not done it in real life (at least not in a race or on a track) so I wouldn't be able to have much of an opinion on the realism one way or the other.

I was wondering if anyone has tested the different NASCARs back to back to see if they run the same? The reason I ask is I was practicing a little tonight to see if I could find the half second I was off pole in qualifying and decided to try another car after trying a few lines. The other car wasn't broken in but it ran the same time as the one broken in which makes me wonder if some NASCARs are faster than others when out of the draft. I'm breaking in the other car to try it myself but thought I'd ask if anyone else noticed this.

Wow you guys liked the oval alot more than I thought you would. Not good for me.

Not my cup of tea either but I guess you have to deal with it for at least one more week. Wouldn't have minded it if I hadn't got spun in the second race. Was just a racing incident but still sucked.

I didn't even have the chance to stay to run it, but I have run enough laps on Daytona to know I'm not very fond of it. The only way I can make it fun is driving overly aggressive which is prohibited in snail

So I did a back to back test with a Chevy and a Toyota and the Toyota was .5 faster than the Chevy. Don't know if this makes a difference in the draft but it might while leading.

It will not make a difference in the lead unless the cars chasing the leader have no drafting partner.

2 cars will go about 5-10MPH faster than 1
3 cars will run about 3-5 MPH faster than 2
4 cars will book down the road a bit faster than 3

These numbers are conditional on maintaining a tight draft formation. Pretty much nose to tail and never more than a fender steps out of the draft.

These numbers are estimates from experience gained in the GTP Nationwide series last fall and last Sunday night.

1 car in the draft from it's farthest limit can hit 20MPH faster than the car it's drafting is going. I know sunday I drafted to 232MPH and got bumped as high as 234.

Getting pole position is really not that important except for the point you get for it. So I reckon if you're trying to eek out every last point you better run that Toyota.

I was wondering if anyone from Division 1, 3 or 5 saved the replays from Sunday and if they can upload them to Sugarsync?

Thanks

I'll make an attempt to get the D-5 races to you.

Everyone is slower when they first make the transition, then they get faster. The accuracy you gain, especially in throttle and brake control is awesome. The hard part to get though is steering, try to keep your movements as small a you can, you can do most turns without removing your hands from the wheel.

Thank you sir 👍

Well, here we go again.
Your link took me to "My Cloud" .... not SugarSync as expected.
I have the races on the USB Memory stick, but am at a loss as to how to zip, upload, etc etc etc.

This being old, uninformed and unable to remember **** is the irritation of my life. Want to help, but ........... need a "SNAIL Walker" most of the time.

By the way, tried to send you a PM - but it wouldn't open up.

Sorry guys for cluttering up the thread with grumpiness.

I want to join S.N.A.I.L Spec Racing ... 👍

Hey xMalonyx

Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
SNAIL CLASSIFIEDS

Looking for Red / Blue Capable Hosts for tonight's practice.
Typical requirements: Blazing Fast Internet Connection Speed, Friendly to NON-SNAILs; Able to set order in a chaotic environment :crazy:

Compensation depending on experience. Please confirm via PM. Thanks!

Back