Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
I love your latest entries, Nathan.

Picture #1 - This picture has an excellent composition, great lighting and shadowing and looks very realistic in general. What I like most about this one is the fact that you managed to get a very smooth background without losing any important details. The added noise emphasizes the texture of the road very well.

Picture #2 - I just love the extremely high contrast found in this picture. Your decision to accentuate the green and magenta tones (and with that create a complementary contrast) paid off, in my opinion. The lighting is excellent and furthers the sense of motion, which I regard as something essential, in this picture. The amount of noise is in line with the "night theme", too.

Picture #3 - What I like most about this picture are the smooth colour transitions (especially perceptible when looking closely at the cars and the sky), the subtle noise, the shadowing and the road and background blur. So... Pretty much everything about this photo is great.

Picture #4 - This right here is one of my favourite pictures from your gallery. The cold-warm contrast is the first thing I noticed. Shadows look very rich and the lighting underlines the overall contrast of the picture very well, too. On top of that, the depth of field lets the car stand out nicely.

Picture #5 - What can I say? This is one of the best C7 pictures I've seen thus far. Really like the composition, sense of motion, contrast and overall toning of this picture. The sky just looks incredible and immediately grabbed my attention.

Picture #6 - This is another personal favourite. You were able to get the different objects into the frame very well without sacrificing any compositional quality. I like the contrast created by the rather dark car and the illuminated background. What I also like is the fact that you placed the racing driver... well, where he is. This makes it easier for the contemplator to judge how far away the car is from that building - a great detail, which one may not be aware of at first glance, but I'm glad that you made this decision. One thing that I found distracting is the saturation of the (green) colours in that exterior rear view mirror - ever thought about desaturating them a bit? I think that the tones look realistic in general, but that one little detail...

Picture #7 - All the details showcased in this photo are simply mind-blowing. The lighting looks very natural and the incredibly smooth colour transitions of the sky really make this shot stand out from the rest. The composition is spot on, too. Have nothing to complain about.

Picture #8 - Among the best heavier edits, in my opinion. You were able to "combine" two cars in such an extraordinary fashion, that I've no words to describe how great this piece of art really is...

Picture #9 - And yet another stunning edit. The snow effect looks very natural and was executed very well. What tops it, though, is the lighting and the fact that you were able to create an indescribable atmosphere by adjusting the colour balance.

Picture #10 - I love it! This is another favourite. You ask why? It's simple: The extremely rich shadows and the pitch-black sky allow for a very high contrast compared to the well-illuminated cars. I like the way the contemplator's eye is forced towards the road in front of the cars thanks to the lights - great composition. The font you chose fits perfectly, as well. Oh, and nice, subtle signature. ;)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the great comments guys. :)

OK so it's been awhile but I've been busy and haven't had time for anything much other than scraping together some comp entries each week and hosting my two comps of course.

The Radioactive set is still coming but in the meantime some of those aforementioned comp entries. :)

+ reject

2.0 Advanced Week 115 (M & M)

2.0 Advanced Week 117 (Italy's Forgotten Standards)

2.0 Advance Week 118 (Kazunori's Army)

2.0 Adanced Week 119 (Other Feats of Engineering & Design

2.0 Advanced Week 120 (Mattematics)

CCCL Week 100 (A Childhood Dream: The Silberpfeil)

CCCL Week 104 (High Speed)

Secret Santa Week 88 (Soul Mates)

Secret Santa Week 90 (Vintage Rally)

Secret Santa Week 92 (Honda Spirit)

(still unfinished) 3.0 Comp Week 5 (Gumball 3000)

3.0 Comp Week 6 (Blue)

3.0 Comp Week 7 (The Classics)

This is the original photo of the Samba Bus before I chopped it up into a double cab. :)

And there we have it - my recent comp entries (at least the edited ones anyway).

Amazing work Nathan - I love the 1st shot and the Sauber Merc the most, but they are all great. I wish you would do a tutorial on adding liveries - that Gumball Porsche is incredible. 👍

Thanks, I'm not the best one for a livery tutorial - GPR for instance is much better than me. The Gumball Porsche has the makings of a good edit but it's still actually a long way from completed - I just haven't had the time recently to do it.

Thanks, I'm not the best one for a livery tutorial - GPR for instance is much better than me.

You're certainly good enough to teach I'd say. But unlike me you are awesome at chopping cars together, which although I haven't done too much of, I always find myself thinking how the hell did he do that when seeing yours.

Anyhoo, as for the comp entries, what can I say. You always are a tough competitor and produce great comp shots every time and this batch proves that. Some awesome stuff in there.

My favs are the Samurai NSX, C9, Vintage Rally, F40(Just got me with that one ;) ) and of course as i said before that VW Bus edit is flippin amazing, love it and with the original wheels to match it certainly looks the part. 👍

Well done on everything mate. 👍 👍 :)

Last edited:
I think i can simply write i love each of your last entry shots...
You've really done an awesome edit work on the bus. Very clean and very realistic 👍

I can't say much other than that I love pictures #4, #8, #10 and #13. I agree with Kodje and Nicolas on that Bus, too. 👍

I love your secret santa vintage rally pic. It is fantastic :drool:👍. Well, all of them are fantastic really :bowdown:.

Thank you GPR, Kodje, NBDESIGNZ, GT-R, Y00PAY, hgrf93 and leeislee for your comments. :)

Now finally is the RadioActive set taken from an online session with SVX and Apok. I'm not really happy with most of these but hey I was trying for something a little different to my usual stuff.

enjoy.. or not. :scared:

Last edited:
That's very original and sometimes a little weird due to the strange toning but there is some epic shots in this set Nathan. Really. Pics 10, 12 & 14 for example, are superb mate !

That is quite a unique set. The colour is awesome and you portrayed it in a very good way. Great pics as always Nato 👍👍.

Love the way you accentuated the green tones in all of these shots and the fact that the edited backgrounds add a lot to the atmosphere of these pictures. 👍

Well, although I don't believe its your best set it's not as bad as you think. The greens are very bright but not over done so props for that, but the thing that carries tohugh best of all across the set is the compositions to me and that makes them good.

My favs are 2,4,8,10 & 11. 👍

Those green glow make my eyes :eek:!
Nice work, Nathan! 👍

Or should I say, Mr. "Member of the Week"! :lol:

Last edited:
That's very original and sometimes a little weird due to the strange toning but there is some epic shots in this set Nathan. Really. Pics 10, 12 & 14 for example, are superb mate!
Thanks Jeremy, the set was supposed to be a little different and a few shots are a weird as you say, but hopefully I get away with it in the context of the radiactive premise. :)
That is quite a unique set. The colour is awesome and you portrayed it in a very good way. Great pics as always Nato 👍👍.
Thanks, glad you appreciated it.
Love the way you accentuated the green tones in all of these shots and the fact that the edited backgrounds add a lot to the atmosphere of these pictures. 👍
I didn't have to do much at all the accentuate the greens they were already really in your face to begin with - though I did go a little overboard on a couple of shots. ;)
GPR
Well, although I don't believe its your best set it's not as bad as you think. The greens are very bright but not over done so props for that, but the thing that carries through best of all across the set is the compositions to me and that makes them good.

My favs are 2,4,8,10 & 11. 👍
As said above the greens were really bright in the originals especially SVX's G37. At first I didn't know if I could do anything much with that replay but I really wanted to do something as it was a fun online session with Apok and SVX and I rarely get to do an online shoot. Then I thought the greens looked a bit radioactive and figured I could play on that aspect. I'm glad you found some to your liking. 👍
NICE! 👍 Nothing I love more than radioactive lime green! :cool:
Three different shades even. :)
Very good compositions and you've set up the tones perfectly. Very nice set.
Thanks Nicolas. :)
Those green glow make my eyes :eek:!
Nice work, Nathan! 👍

Or should I say, Mr. "Member of the Week"! :lol:
I should've put up a warning to wear shades. :lol:
Member of the week - How do that happen! :crazy:

+1

Very original set :) creativity is always a + :)
Thanks - this one was a little out of the ordinary for me. ;)

Ooh, missed this one.
At least you got some shots to post. :lol:
I tried my best, but ended up giving up on this set. Great work. 👍

I like number 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12 and 14 most
With 1 and 11 being personal favorites.

That's weird - I thought for sure I commented on that last set, but where'd it go? :odd: In any case, I like it - it's original and green, which is probably one of the most under-appreciated colors in the spectrum for cars. Perhaps you may recall my green Lambo set from a while back? That's what I'm talking about. :) The 5th, 10th and 12th photos are my favorites, but they are all cool. Very artistic and well composed. I also really liked your Sauber Merc pics from before. Excellent work. 👍

The kind of set I'm unable to make, and this one is unique, the cloudy sky is nicely edited, making these pics so fine, number 9, 14 and 15 are great !!! Excellent work for sure.

Ooh, missed this one.
At least you got some shots to post. :lol:
I tried my best, but ended up giving up on this set. Great work. 👍

I like number 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12 and 14 most
With 1 and 11 being personal favorites.
Hey thanks, glad you like them - but yeah it wasn't any easy replay to shoot from. ;)
That's weird - I thought for sure I commented on that last set, but where'd it go? :odd: In any case, I like it - it's original and green, which is probably one of the most under-appreciated colors in the spectrum for cars. Perhaps you may recall my green Lambo set from a while back? That's what I'm talking about. :) The 5th, 10th and 12th photos are my favorites, but they are all cool. Very artistic and well composed. I also really liked your Sauber Merc pics from before. Excellent work. 👍
The comment thief strikes again! :lol: I have that happen a bit too - must be getting old or something (speaking for myself). Appreciate the nice comment. :)
The kind of set I'm unable to make, and this one is unique, the cloudy sky is nicely edited, making these pics so fine, number 9, 14 and 15 are great !!! Excellent work for sure.
Thanks - I don't think I'm any good at this kind of set either but unique is what I was going for. 👍
Wonderful set Nathan ! :drool: :drool: :drool: Red night sky and green glow = awesomeness :)
Many thanks, you're too kind. :)

Quality work there Nathan - love the soft progression of color in the sky. You've also used the perfect amount of grain - nice and subtle. On the same note, the subdued tones and diffused lighting are perfect. Realistic and artful at the same time. This is a great set. 👍

Back