Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
Great shots, Nathan. All of them are good in terms of toning, lighting and contrast, but I think that the third image stood out most thanks to the composition. 👍

The LFA set: :drool:
The comp entries: :drool: :drool:
The next comp entries: :drool:👍
The TT set: :drool:👍 :drool:👍

Thanks again guys! 👍

@Primus Ortus - the colour is Nocturno Blue Mica I believe. :)

Here's a panorama I just did - my first proper attempt (sort of) - could do with some more post processing but I'm not in the mood right now so it'll do as it is. ;)

Consists of 5 shots stitched together.

That is amazing work, Nathan! :drool:
I tried to make one, but I ended up getting all of the shots scattered. :indiff:

Congrats Nathan, a non resized pic but a real panorama, the best genre ! The entire hill, yes this is more powerfull than a standard pic, waiting your next step "into the mood", sure this will be fine. More pics you'll merge, a better result you'll get :)

Last edited:
Don't know how I missed your TT panorama for this long, but I must say it's a cracker. I really like it. Even underprocessed, it certainly has appeal. I like the clarity and brightness of it and the extra long length lends it sefl well to have a centered car composition.

I'd say great job on a first pano mate. 👍

You are soooooo sick with it! Crisp, big, fully detailed shots. Shot 5 is my fave. You got the rumble strips profile. Well played indeed.👍👍👍

Once again thank you eveyone for your comments - very much appreciated - and glad you liked my panorama, I will attempt a few more in the near future.

I will have a few new random shots and mini-sets coming up, but in the meantime I guess I'll just throw in some of my comp entries taken since my last comp update.

AppleTree Astons

Autumn Ring Alfa

Shelby Series One

Amuse S2000

Ready the Bentley

Caterham 7

Golden Eye

Down to Earth

RE-RX-7

Night Moves

Retro Ghia

Last edited:

RE-RX-7
I remember this photo. It was featured in a Secret Santa competition and only received one vote, from me. :lol: It deserved much more compared to the several other entries that barely deserved those high rankings.

I remember this photo. It was featured in a Secret Santa competition and only received one vote, from me. :lol: It deserved much more compared to the several other entries that barely deserved those high rankings.

Actually it recieved 6 votes and one of them was from me. ;) But yeah it deserved better.

There's some great entries in that lot Nato. As mentioned above the R-X7 is very good, I also really like The Speed 8 and the Karmann looks great. Quite a few greens in this lot of entries I notice. :P

I like very much the composition and the sky in both "AppleTree Astons" & "Autumn Ring Alfa". Very smooth appearance in the S2000 shot 👍 The angle and composition of the bentley shot are excellent also :) Great toning in the Seven shot and great edit work on the rally shot 👍
Always a pleasure to watch your review :)

GPR
Actually it recieved 6 votes and one of them was from me. ;) But yeah it deserved better.

There's some great entries in that lot Nato. As mentioned above the R-X7 is very good, I also really like The Speed 8 and the Karmann looks great. Quite a few greens in this lot of entries I notice. :P
Love the RE RX7, Nato. :drool:👍
Thanks Eric, George and Peter - glad you liked the RX-7 - a pretty simple edit - changed the colour and didn't really do a lot else to it. I was really happy with the Speed 8 shot - was kind of suprised it didn't fair a little better in the comp but hey that's the way it goes. Yeah, there was a bit of green that time round - just kinda happened really. :)
That Karmann looks awesome, very nice color and so clean. ;)👍
Love the green Karmann 👍
Appreciated Nicolas and Lee - the Karmann is a great looking car - just a pity it needs a lot of work to bring out the best in it in GT5.
Pictures #5 and #6 are mind-blowing! Outstanding effort, Nathan. 👍
Thank you Nenad, I was really happy with those (and #4). I spent a loooong time on that Caterham but it scrubbed up pretty nice. :)
I like very much the composition and the sky in both "AppleTree Astons" & "Autumn Ring Alfa". Very smooth appearance in the S2000 shot 👍 The angle and composition of the bentley shot are excellent also :) Great toning in the Seven shot and great edit work on the rally shot 👍
Always a pleasure to watch your review :)
A pleasure to read your comments too! So glad you found all those to your liking Jeremy. :)

Thanks everyone once again for your great comments. :)

Last edited:
Here are my ALPHA-BETA outtakes from the recent Secret Santa competition.

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

I like these. Very nice b&w shots. Suits the class of the cars style. The headlight close-up is very nice and I also really dig shot 8 and the last in that setting with the pose the and depth of atmosphere is beautiful. 👍

GPR
I like these. Very nice b&w shots. Suits the class of the cars style. The headlight close-up is very nice and I also really dig shot 8 and the last in that setting with the pose the and depth of atmosphere is beautiful. 👍

Totally agree with that, can't say it better. The close shots are splendid, especially the #8. I also like very much the #9, both the car and the scenery looks real. Great job Nathan 👍

After Jaden's "Black Tie Affair" and this one I really need to do a b&w set ;)

That was a fun and exciting theme that week of the Secret Santa competitions. Great monochromatic Alfa! 👍

Back