Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Cheers guys!!!!

vP8GS4w.jpeg

haha, pure gold.

Members don't choose who goes on what week, I do.

The more nominations a member has the likelier they are to be chosen. Only thing I'll spoil because it's staff-related is that I currently hold the most votes for this week, but seeing as I'm of the lowest priority I'm simply not an option.

The more nominations a member has the likelier they are to be chosen. Only thing I'll spoil because it's staff-related is that I currently hold the most votes for this week, but seeing as I'm of the lowest priority I'm simply not an option.

Gotcha.👍

This week's proposed Member of the Week has been extended an invitation.

Whether they accept remains to be seen.

:lol:

Really, I`m not begging, just kidding.
Compared to others here I am a greenhorn/newbie... No, no n00b!
(Maybe post whore of the week could be a title for meeh.)

Let`s see in about 2-3 years when GT6 comes out, I mean GT7 on PS4. :D

@ T-12: Could you add a "Wall of Fame" (or something like that) to the OP to glorify our "Members of the Week", at least a line up would do the job...

I'm working on that. Takes a bit of time to come up with something that pleases me, and I don't find plain text to be fitting enough for this.

Will there be a Member of the Month? Picked from the weekly winners?

At the moment, no.

It was one of my original ideas before the weekly segment took precedent, so I'll keep with that for a while before I begin recognizing members among those who've already been recognized.

Why not let someone interview you,I'm sure people would want to see your's

Plus we already have members of the year! ;)

And we surely can't forget this!

Why not let someone interview you,I'm sure people would want to see your's

Again, lowest priority. I'm already writing these up (and the Rewnd) and I throw my thoughts in every week so to have me be the Member of the Week would, at least to me, dampen the appeal. It'd be like I just elected myself. :guilty:

I'll stay true to being the lowest priority unless there's an overwhelming number of votes to see me, or any other member of staff featured here.

Oh, right, I almost forgot to mention that this and next week's Members have already been extended their invitations and both have accepted. Whose it going to be?

Now the questions some of you have presented for future interviews will be included from hereon out beginning tomorrow, but I'd really like to see some more. 👍

Possible question:
A hot topic which divides community quite a bit. What`s your opinion about so called "hybrid cars"?

Some of you knew it would happen sooner or later, some of you even voted to make it so, well no longer shall the need arise because Azuremen is now the latest GTP Member of the Week!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

"About damn time."

I joke, to be honest I'm a bit surprised, seeing how I only post in a few sub-forums and certainly don't play GT anymore. Not to mention my rather... blunt nature with my opinions and lack of patience with many some members. Regardless, feels good man :lol:

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

GT3 brought me here, back in 2004. I had just picked up a PS2 second hand and was, obviously, excited about making progress and learning about the game. I was moderately active in the GT section for a couple of years, but now I just stick around for the Off-Topic and Automotive areas. Even that is mostly the result of people I've known here for ages now, so I guess it really just comes down to the people.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

As I mentioned above, mostly the Off-Topic and Automotive. Sometimes I'll stick my head into the General Gaming area, but I'm most active in The Infield. The Opinions area is pretty obvious, though I take breaks from time to time if certain mindsets and posting styles become pervasive; simply don't have the patience like some of the senior members in those matters.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

Rallying. I honestly didn't care about cars till a few months after I had my license, at which point I ended up screwing about on some gravel and snow. Following that, I slowly found out about GT and the WRC, took a strong interest in AWD cars and generally driving around sideways. GT gave me a reasonable way to be "racecar driver" while keeping me from killing myself. Plus having an easy means to compare your skill to others didn't hurt either.

5. How did you come up with the name "Azuremen"?

My username, something most people don't even manage to spell right till I correct them on it :lol:

The name came about around 2001 or 2002, when I was semi-active with Warhammer 40,000. How does that work? Well, a character in the Eldar (think Tolkien elves, in space) was called Asurmen and was a general bad ass. Me, being a nerdy teenager, started using that while playing Counter-Strike, but some jokes fell out from that along with people saying in about a dozen different ways (voice chat had started being used) so I changed it to Azuremen. The other reason for the change was, being from a game universe, Asurmen was often registered places, while Azuremen has been open in all but a handful of situations.

I've used Azuremen since then, so it only made sense for it to be my handle when registering here.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Gran Turismo or Forza, eh? I don't play either, despite owning GT5 and a PS3 - just get bored sick when I play GT5. Forza has honestly struck me as more enjoyable and, in my opinion, having the superior tire model, which translates to a more natural game play experience. Now if there was a sequel to Enthusia, I'd likely play that regularly.

7. You're often referred to as one of GTPlanet's most opinionated, do you find that to be a bit overbearing at times?

Being labeled the most opinionated person isn't really overbearing. This could be the result of people I know in person also labeling me as highly opinionated :lol: To me, having clear opinions and being willing to express them is a compliment, as I like people knowing where I stand on things.

Now, the endless hipster jokes sometimes get a bit overbearing :dopey:

8. You're a bit of a mechanical keyboard junkie, and I actually have you to thank for my recent obsession of all things related to it, but what actually sparked your interest in it?

Modern mechanical keyboards were brought to my attention while I was active in the StarCraft community; I had always enjoyed the old IBM Model M's I'd learned to type on, so having that solid feel in modern style just made sense. That, and I'd always been a bit interested in ergonomics and user interfaces, resulting in fiddling with Dvorak almost a decade ago and numerous computer mice options.

9. How many keyboards do you currently own?

I had to go count to figure out how many keyboards are laying around at the moment, but first my day-to-day keyboard/mouse combo: Filco Majestouch Tactile Click Otaku Tenkeyless and the Mionix Naos 5000. All together, looks like I have 13 at the moment.

10. Aside from being a keyboard junkie, do you have any other joyous hobbies?

Well, some members are likely aware I do a bit of photography, along with enjoying driving and a bit of gaming. Mostly League of Legends and StarCraft for those wondering, but I'll sometimes play CoD if I'm particularly lazy/sober-ish. Oh and I'm a huge fan of SNES era games, especially Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid.

I'm hardly limited to those above, and I dabble in far too many interests to list, ranging from cooking to fashion to astronomy to music.

11. Given the opportunity, what would you do as a Moderator here?

If I was made a mod, I'd probably not do a lot. Maybe ask some members to stop the +1 and "this" type filler posts, and to be better about responding to questions directed at them.

Oh, and ask the Drag and Drift sections members to never leave their sub-forums. Ever.

12. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Currently I drive an 1995 M3 in Daytona Violet, which I've found is a moderately rare color. And despite being German, it's probably the most reliable car I've had.

13. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

This would be my first post:
I used the Trueno till I could get an MR2 GT-S... I used both in what races they could be raced in. For races like the FF race, I would use a prize car, slap tires on it, and maybe basic suspension. Where I could, I would get a car that could do mulitple races well, such as the ACURA Integra Type R, which I used for the R series races, the American races, and FF races.

My Trueno was eventually replaced by the S.S. Edition, which I used to complete the FR race at and British cup car races at Pro Level.... But I still use the GT-S where it stands a chance, such as the Turbo races at pro level.

The Trueno is one of my all time favorite cars in the game. Aside from maybe my MR2 GT-S.

Which was back in the GT3 section, and kind of reflects my teenage love for Initial D :lol:

I'd say my posting style hasn't dramatically changed, but the content and where I post has certainly moved around. I may also be a bit less wordy at all times, and I'm sure my opinions became stronger as I learned the in and outs of the forum over time.

14. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

I've actually, and it is amazing, broken none of my controllers. That isn't to say some haven't been thrown with authority, nor slammed into a table with righteous fury. Though, now that I think about it, I did break the legs on a keyboard once and a piece of my Mx518 fell off after divine rage in StarCraft, but that isn't the PS3.

15. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Nothing too crazy, though I believe I checked GTP once while in flight, and perhaps another time when a girlfriend was changing into something "more comfortable."

16. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

I believe my longest period of inactivity was several months back in 2005 and part of 2006.

17. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

Famine is one of the most impressive members on the forum - intelligent, sarcastic, and amazingly patient in explaining himself in topics from video games to theology.

18. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?

The A Day in the Life of John comics were pretty much gold, along with some of the Darwin award winning members. Though, perhaps the confusion and reactions to a thread I made years ago, which had countless names before finally getting me in trouble :P

19. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I use to be active in the WRS, way back in GT3 and GT4, but slowly lost interest as other games, along with life, took up time.

20. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

Me make a racing series? Oh, that would be the day. I'm far too inconsistent in those types of things to even participate in one, let alone run one :lol:

21. Anything else you'd like to say?

Thanks for not banning me (permanently) and putting up with my up and down posting habits :lol:

Not that I know Azureman, ähm, I mean Azuremen :P but I guess he is a good choice for being member of the week.
Very visible member of this community. Nice read. 👍

Last edited:
Back