DoodleAM
DoodleAM
Event Closed

550PP Italian Cars: Special Stage Route 5 Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/05/15 04:00 - 2013/05/29 04:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Special Stage Route 5, using Italian non-racecars with 550PP or less. Tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

600PP GT500: Fuji Speedway GT Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2013/05/15 04:00 - 2013/05/29 04:00 GMT
Gold: Cr.250,000
Silver: Cr.150,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

This Time Trial takes place on the Fuji Speedway GT, using GT500 racing cars with 600PP or less. Tires are limited to Racing/Hard or less.

Rankings
Advanced Rankings

Setups
Honda HSV by Vagabond
Honda NSX Mobil 1 by BanditKarter22
Honda NSX Takata Dome by suba1960
Honda NSX Takata Dome by Roomboter/Anonymous
Honda NSX Takata Dome by BanditKarter22
Honda NSX Takata Dome (Version 2) by BanditKarter22
Honda NSX Takata Dome by eclipsee
Honda NSX Takata Dome by rosckolove
Honda NSX Takata Dome by pmjg66
Honda NSX Takata Dome by pmjg66/Dalone
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Pagani Zonda C12S by suba1960

Last edited:
Check again! They've also got an anniversary bonus event. 1 lap time trial of the Nordschliefe with the Schultz Motorsports GTR... (Oh my gosh, you'll find less understeer in a cross-town bus...)

Interesting that for the first time in ~10 weeks the cars aren't provided. I know most will probably rejoice in that but I'll kind of miss it... :indiff:

Not really gonna bother with my usual first day 1st place runs. Did one lap at SSR5 and called it quits for the night. I'll try again when setups are posted. I'll make sure I update the OP with them as soon as their posted. 👍

Fuji i haven't raced there in a long time and haven't seen it as a seasonal in a very long time as well. Think i'm gonna spend a lot of time here. Shame the tuning is back. I prefer stock. So everybody has the exact same car

Golded both, not very good times I guess but good enough for me. 👍

Well, i didn´t miss the tuning, but my ranking with tuning was much better than without ... what does not speak for my driving skills :-)

Hmm, wonder why they switched back to tuned TTs..?

I'm not actually very good at Fuji usually (either layout) but I wanted to give the my Honda HSV a whirl. 8th (at this point) about 1 sec off the leader and the fastest HSV so far - 1'30.919. Probably another 4 or 5 tenths to find... My setup:

Max aero

Stage 3 turbo with engine limited to stay at 600pp (86.3% on my car but its not fully run in)

0/0
18.0/18.0
9/9
7/7
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.25/-0.25

Gears - first set max speed to minimum, then set as follows:
Final 2.500

BB 2/7 ABS 10

Last edited:
Hmm, wonder why they switched back to tuned TTs..?

I'm not actually very good at Fuji usually (either layout) but I wanted to give the my Honda HSV a whirl. 8th (at this point) about 1 sec off the leader and the fastest HSV so far - 1'30.919. Probably another 4 or 5 tenths to find... My setup:

Max aero

Stage 3 turbo with engine limited to stay at 600pp (86.3% on my car but its not fully run in)

0/0
18.0/18.0
9/9
7/7
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.25/-0.25

Gears - first set max speed to minimum, then set as follows:
Final 2.500

BB 3/7 ABS 10
AS Strong - makes turn in sluggish so throw it in quite aggressively and get on the power early.

Nice lap time Chris 👍

But where are you at WRS this week?

SS5 1:31.228 in the Lamb 670-4 Superveloce using an old Trial Mountain time trial tune. Pretty happy to have the tunning back. Ran the 458 first, more fun two seconds slower for me. Another second to gain for me in the Lamb, just need to not over drive the car/tires.

Fuji in the Takata Dome (duh) = 1:32.941. Need to play with the aero and getting the last turn smoother.

Thanks for sharing Chris. I added it to the OP. :)
👍

Nice lap time Chris 👍

But where are you at WRS this week?
Cheers Dennis. :cheers: Honestly, I'm pretty awful at Suzuka generally. I've had a few runs with the SS and current splits would put me about 7 tenths off the pace but its just too frustrating making a mess of the esses every other lap. :ouch: Can't be good at everything, right? :yuck: :P

I probably won't get to try it until Friday night. Though it was interesting to run with the same cars, I did miss the tuning aspect a bit. I like having the tuned car in my garage after the time trial is over.:cool:

Cheers Dennis. :cheers: Honestly, I'm pretty awful at Suzuka generally. I've had a few runs with the SS and current splits would put me about 7 tenths off the pace but its just too frustrating making a mess of the esses every other lap. :ouch: Can't be good at everything, right? :yuck: :P

That clear things up. But, you start this post with "I'm not actually very good at Fuji usually (either layout)" But you manage a very good lap time right from the start. And your a fast dude, i think with some practice you can come a long way. Just take esses easy, focus more on turn 1 , Dunlop and Degner and you be fine.

That clear things up. But, you start this post with "I'm not actually very good at Fuji usually (either layout)" But you manage a very good lap time right from the start. And your a fast dude, i think with some practice you can come a long way. Just take esses easy, focus more on turn 1 , Dunlop and Degner and you be fine.

Thats just alien talk for, "I will only be a half second ahead of everyone instead of a whole second." :lol:

SS5 1:31.228 in the Lamb 670-4 Superveloce using an old Trial Mountain time trial tune. Pretty happy to have the tunning back. Ran the 458 first, more fun two seconds slower for me. Another second to gain for me in the Lamb, just need to not over drive the car/tires.

Fuji in the Takata Dome (duh) = 1:32.941. Need to play with the aero and getting the last turn smoother.

SS5 in the Lambo down to a 1:30.342. Having fun with this time trial, loosing time in the hair pin and the next corner exit.

Can anyone give me some tuning tips? I can only manage a 1:29.9 :'(. These events that let you tune are really unfair on the people who can drive but can't tune.

Well, i didn´t miss the tuning, but my ranking with tuning was much better than without ... what does not speak for my driving skills :-)

I did, I will probably have a go tomorrow
@vagabond: With regard to the TT's i have an idea your good at his, :lol: and then some.
I used to log in for 6 days out of every 7 before the hacking~gate scandal, since then i probably logged on 4 times in the last month, less than once a week due to the complete absence of tuning.
Other peoples tunes and me messing around is what holds my interest and makes the game the greatest for me!

Man i love that Fuji TT. The Takata is great drive if your in the right swoon. Once your a bit off the line it hurt you a lot :lol:

1:30.8xx currently. I'm happy with my first run.

alf158
I used to log in for 6 days out of every 7 before the hacking~gate scandal, since then i probably logged on 4 times in the last month, less than once a week due to the complete absence of tuning.
Other peoples tunes and me messing around is what holds my interest and makes the game the greatest for me!

+1 👍

I know I'm not a good driver (at least not good enough to post a "good" time). But I think I'm an average tuner, so being able to set up a car the way I like it makes it more fun to me... I wonder what a Fiat 500 could do? :dopey:

1:27.545 on SSR5. Gotta clean up sector 2 and I have a chance at P1. :)

Just watched my replay and it looks like I left the windscreen wipers on. :lol:

Last edited:
I am at a 1:30.811 right now, .001 ahead of Stotty. :sly:

:lol:

Ran 3 laps in the GTR last night then dug the NSX out and had 20 laps at Fuji... lovely :)

Hopefully I'll get chance to have another go over the weekend and I'll post settings at some stage (I'm using engine 3, no ballast and a bit of limiter)... so nice to have a tunable seasonal again.

Nice times guys. 👍 I'm not giving in to the temptation to run the NSX; my primary goal is to be the fastest HSV :sly: Secondary goal is to try and get within 1 second of 1st with it. Just threw away a potential 1'30.6 being too eager on the throttle in that last damned corner. Another run tonight....

Nice times guys. 👍 I'm not giving in to the temptation to run the NSX; my primary goal is to be the fastest HSV :sly: Secondary goal is to try and get within 1 second of 1st with it. Just threw away a potential 1'30.6 being too eager on the throttle in that last damned corner. Another run tonight....

Good luck Chris 👍

I'll try and give your HSV tune a go if I get time... I'm pretty sure the car will not be as quick as the NSX, but I'd love to see if you've found a way to get the car to turn as I never managed to myself!

Back