Photomode Photographers Q&A #35 - nanabu

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 379 comments
George, that was a great read. You've always been one of the guys who inspires me. I love your shots and i agree with everything you said regarding the creative process and advice to others.

The only thing i don't agree with is naming me as an inspiration! hehe

Also, seeing how you have your own business why not offer me a job so i can move to Oz?! Haha,

Great interview mate
👍

Great interview, Pandi! Always nice to get a little insight in to the minds of others. Great to see this thread going again, too. Thanks Lee for hosting :)

George, that was a great read. You've always been one of the guys who inspires me. I love your shots and i agree with everything you said regarding the creative process and advice to others.

The only thing i don't agree with is naming me as an inspiration! hehe

Also, seeing how you have your own business why not offer me a job so i can move to Oz?! Haha,

Great interview mate
👍

Thanks Lee, glad I've inspired you. And of course you're an inspiration to me, as your stuff is some of the most thought out and well execute works on here. 👍

Ha on job front, would love to mate but atm we wouldn't be able to afford ya. ;)

Thanks for putting me up on this also it's greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Great interview, Pandi! Always nice to get a little insight in to the minds of others. Great to see this thread going again, too. Thanks Lee for hosting :)

Thanks mate. Hope it was insightful. 👍

Now, that was an interesting read! Thanks for taking the time to write everything, George - very insightful. 👍

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, Lee. 👍

That was an amazing interview, George/Pandi! :cheers:

Now, let,s get our ears open for Fysho. d:mischievous:b

I've always been wondering what the name in the signature of your pictures was. For the longest time, I thought it was just "Andi", haha. Very interesting read :)👍

And thanks for nominating me! I'm not sure if I'll be able to live up to everyone else featured here though :D

George, I've always appreciated the professional and artistic way you judge and create photos! It was a nice read! :)

I've always been wondering what the name in the signature of your pictures was. For the longest time, I thought it was just "Andi", haha. Very interesting read :)👍

And thanks for nominating me! I'm not sure if I'll be able to live up to everyone else featured here though :D

:lol: Yeah I can see how my signature can easily be misread. But it's more of a simplified expressive thing rther than being completely obvious. Glad you enjoyed the read and I'm sure you'll do more than fine with your answers, after all your worthy of it. 👍

George, I've always appreciated the professional and artistic way you judge and create photos! It was a nice read! :)

Thanks very much Ciro, I very much appreciate the awesome comment. 👍

Great read George. I would have picked the same picture as you - that is an amazing edit. I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing! 👍

- Dave

Great interview Zach! Your responses are nicely expressed with detail and you show affection in your work. :cool:👍
I always love to read the responses by talented photographers, even though I barely post to give my views or compliments. It is interesting to learn information about them and view their first and favorite personal photographs in Gran Turismo and possibly outside the virtual world.

Great read George. I would have picked the same picture as you - that is an amazing edit. I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing! 👍

- Dave

Cheers Dave. Nice to know you agree with my fav pic! Although I tell ya it was hard to choose there's a few I think are on par to that one for me. Thanks again. :cheers:

Great interview Zach!

Huh???

Last edited:
Illuminating interview! GPR, i am totally crazy about your style. I may never achieve your level, but you are one of the more inspirational artists i'm into.

I hope one day, my interview will be as insightful and informative as yours is. (Hint, Hint)

You are my favorite kind of animal...A Beast!

Your passion for sharing your art resonates in me as well. I wish you the best on all of your future endeavors. :)

-MoMo

Fantastic read George 👍 A great insight into one of the most inspirational photomoders here especially since your recent return to regular photo updates and entering the comps. :)

Last edited:
Illuminating interview! GPR, i am totally crazy about your style. I may never achieve your level, but you are one of the more inspirational artists i'm into.

I hope one day, my interview will be as insightful and informative as yours is. (Hint, Hint)

You are my favorite kind of animal...A Beast!

Your passion for sharing your art resonates in me as well. I wish you the best on all of your future endeavors. :)

-MoMo

Thanks very much Gary, very kind words indeed. You never know you might just achieve the level you aspire to one day. I've definitely noticed an good steady improvement of your work over time. 👍

Fantastic read George 👍 A great insight into one of the most inspirational photomoders here especially since your recent return to regular photo updates and entering the comps. :)

Aw shucks, thanks Nathan. :cheers: That reminds me I should try and get a new going.

Oops. :ouch: Your signature looks like it reads Zach, but, I forgot you mentioned your name was George. An honest mistake. Great interview, George! :D

Ahh I see, I've never ever saw that in it, but now that you have pointed it out I can kind of see what you mean. Anyway no biggie for the mistake mate. ;) Thanks for the nice comment also, I appreciate it. 👍

GPR
Ahh I see, I've never ever saw that in it, but now that you have pointed it out I can kind of see what you mean. Anyway no biggie for the mistake mate. ;) Thanks for the nice comment also, I appreciate it. 👍
I'm glad all of that has been cleared up. :)

[...]
Fun fact: At the beginning, I thought it was "Rudi". ;)

That's a real good thing this thread get a new start. I really enjoy reading these interview, often a major source of inspiration.

Great answers George, a real pleasure to read about your way to work and your feelings. I think I can agree with everythings you said about that.

Can't wait for the next interview to come, a good choice imo, I also agree with your comment about Fyshokid work !

Part #27

ninjaglassesconceptlolw.png

1, How about an introduction?

Heya, I'm Fyshokid. I'm 19 years old and normally live in Denmark, though I'm currently taking a year long sabbatical here in Oklahoma before I go back and start university.

2, How long have you been taking photos in Gran Turismo?

I started taking photos in Gran Turismo 4, although I was never any good at it. I started a crappy gallery here on GTPlanet in 2007, where I initially got tips on how to make my photos better, however I never really improved much 'till Gran Turismo 5 was released.

3, What was the first picture you took in GT5?

Not much to look at. This car was the first "proper" car I bought in GT5.

4, And your first edit?

Avert your eyes...

Yes, it's terrible. Miniature filter. Car isn't moving. Barely any editing apart from brightness and contrast. I'd like to think that I've improved since then.

5, How would you describe your photography style?

I haven't really thought about this, honestly. I don't consciously stick to one style, and I don't consciously try to not stick to one style either. That said though, I do like to have a lot of red and orange tones in my photos, which means that a lot of my photos feature sunrises or sunsets. I also usually switch to the warm filter and back to normal to give my photos a nice glow effect.

I also get told a lot that my photos are very colorful, which honestly isn't something I do purposely. I guess that's just how I like my photos, heh.

As you can probably figure from all that, I don't consider myself much of a photographer. I rarely make conscious decisions about lighting or composition. I just take a photo and, if it looks cool, I save it. I guess you could say I have a somewhat relaxed style.

6, In your opinion what makes a great photo?

One that makes you say "Woah".

7, What is your favourite car to shoot?

I don't as such have a favorite. I prefer premium exotics though. I don't really like taking pictures of "normal", everyday cars.

Sometimes I also like taking pictures of some of the more obscure standards available.

8, What is your favourite location to shoot?

Any place with time and/or weather change. As stated earlier, I really like taking pictures of sunsets, so very rarely will you find photos in my gallery taken at tracks not featuring time change. I do have a thing for Nürburgring though, so if I had to choose, that would be it.

9, What is your favourite picture you have in your gallery and why?

I just really love the atmosphere in this one. Super GT monsters lined up, just waiting for the green flag to drop.

10, Do you edit your photomode pictures and if so what techniques do you prefer?

I edit almost all my photos with GIMP. There's not really anything complicated going on though. Most of my photos just have some simple curve adjustments (to make them more orange :dopey: ) and maybe some brightness/contrast or saturation work done to it.

I do try to experiment though, as that's the only way to really improve. Lately, I've been messing around with various vignetting methods and stuff like layer blend modes etc. It's all very scary.

11, If you could change, add or remove any feature in GT photomode, what would they be?

The GT watermark needs removed. I don't always possess the necessary skill to remove it from photos myself.

Apart from that, most of the features I want added have already been mentioned, like even slower shutter speeds and added photomode locations, like the wind tunnel or that hangar showing the SEMA cars on the home screen. Apart from that though, I'm fairly happy with GT5 photomode...

12, Do you have any advice to share with the rest of the photomode users?

Don't be discouraged if you don't think your photos are any good. Just keep trying new stuff when editing. You'll gain (the illusion of) skill with experience. At least that's how it worked out for me.

13, Which GTPlanet photomode member or members inspire you?

There are a lot, though I honestly don't remember many names. Back in the GT4 days, it was people like Bram Turismo, 440 Charger, jacoja06, Atlop etc... Then in GT5 I was really inspired by Moglet, Revolution., Grand Prix, Retrogiant, SlipZtrEm and later people like Gtuned, ShaolinMasta, SMfan, NBDESIGNZ, GPR, DarkR, jBhIpS and many others whose names escape me. The quality of photos here on these forums is extremely high.

14, Outside of GTPlanet, Do you have a special photo, piece of art or anything else you've created that you would like to share to showcase your other interests and talents?

I've always liked making video game montages, and I run a channel with some friends called SubParButInHD, where I've uploaded some stuff. One of the more recent videos worth showcasing would be my Driver: San Francisco montage:

I've also got some GT5 stuff uploaded there, like the GT Life video and also a time lapse of the Le Mans 24 hour race. I'd appreciate if you'd check the channel out :)

15, Finally, Who would you like to nominate for the next Q&A session?

Taiga!

Thanks 👍

You have given a nice interview Fysho! I especially enjoyed watching your Driver San Francisco montage, it was outstanding! 👍

Nice read Fysho, interesting to hear your thoughts on your style and progression. And that montage a quite a bit of fun to watch. :)

Oh and thanks for naming me as an inspiration. :cheers:

Last edited:
Great interview, Fyshokid. Quite insightful and interesting to read. Nice YouTube channel, as well. 👍

Wait, am I right that Taiga is the same guy as slzk? :D If so, he has already been interviewed... Anyway, nice read, Fysho! :)

Back