Motor City Tunes

Your tuning knowledge has been of great help to me. The changes in recent software changes of GT5 are now easier to understand. Now my tuning has more focus on the LSD and it is helping.

Thanks

Oh stop with the compliments already, you're gonna make his head swell. :lol:

Hami man, you keep on fighting with those cones and we'll gonna have to start calling you "Cone Killer" :lol:

Toyota Supra SZ-R '97
284hp, 1350kg, 450PP
G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

GT Auto Services
Engine Rebuild
Rays Volk Racing CE28N Rims

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Sport Hard Tires

2.12 Tune
RH -15/-10
Springs 14.0/6.0
Dampers ext 9/3
Dampers comp 5/3
ARB 3/6
Camber 2.6/1.0
Toe -0.18/0.06
LSD Rear 8/12/5
Brake balance 4/7
Ballast 142
Balast Position 50
Weight Distribution 54/46
Power Level 100%

Reset to default
Final Gear to 4.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.875
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.065
4th gear 1.695
5th gear 1.450
6th gear 1.275
Top Speed 112mph
Final gear 2.925
Top Speed Window 150mph

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Superveloce '09
539hp, 1565kg, 550PP
G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

This car was built for the Lamborghini 550PP Seasonal. Currently a work in progress. Won Rome so far.

GT Auto Services
Not broken in yet
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sport Soft Tires

2.12 Tune
RH -10/0
Springs 14.0/11.0
Dampers ext 8/4
Dampers comp 4/4
ARB 3/5
Camber 2.8/2.0
Toe -0.17/0.10
LSD Front 10/15/7
LSD Rear 10/12/9
Front/Rear Torque Split 40/60
Brake balance 7/5
Ballast 0
Balast Position 0
Weight Distribution 42/58
Power Level 79.6%

Final Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 149
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.535
4th gear 1.235
5th gear 1.040
6th gear 0.900
Top Speed 149mph
Final gear 4.150
Top Speed Window 175mph

Last edited:
Ford GT '06
543hp, 1250kg, 580PP
G27 with Nixim brake pedal mod

9112211279_75fdd97b7f_z.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Stars & Stripes Seasonal Challenge.

Enjoy.

GT Auto Services
Car Wash
Oil Change (after 200 mile plus break in)

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sport Hard Tires

Seasonal Tune
RH -5/0
Springs 12.0/6.0
Dampers ext 7/3
Dampers comp 4/2
ARB 3/6
Camber 2.5/0.5
Toe -0.21/0.00
LSD 10/13/11
Brake 5/6
Ballast 47
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 46/54
Power Limiter 94.5%

Set Final Drive to 5.000
Set Top Speed to 149
Then set individual settings
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.515
4th gear 1.225
5th gear 1.035
6th gear 0.900
Final gear 3.400
Top Speed 240km/149mph
Top Speed read out 211mph

I have a question.

Did you already do a tune for a PAJERO Evolution Rally Raid Car '03? Just wanna know if you did. Backreading in this thread is too long.

Thanks!

I have a question.

Did you already do a tune for a PAJERO Evolution Rally Raid Car '03? Just wanna know if you did. Backreading in this thread is too long.

Thanks!

Links to all of my tunes are posted in the first three posts. I have not driven the Pajero.

Hello MCH,
I hope you are doing well. Hey, I recall that you race cars for real and thought I'd ask your opinion about the rules of real racing. My father and I have been doing some online racing together and we have have a very basic disagreement about the "OLR Rules of Racing". Specifically this OLR Published Rule as follows:

08: Corner Rights:
"B: You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner’s turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver’s position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in."

My father claims that there is NO WAY that in real life racing that this rule would ever be allowed. As a result he often turns into me in corners (after I have accomplished substantial overlap) and claims that "I hit him" when in my opinion he turned into me because he did not alter his normal racing line as I was executing a pass. I am fascinated by my fathers contention and wondered if this same rule applies or is stated in real life racing rules somewhere.

Perhaps you could respond if you're not too bored some evening.

Thanks for all you do for GTPlanet and our community! Cheers!

@kapnk006 - below are the rules from the sports car racing series NASA. These are very clearly written rules and say exactly what you are describing. Your front wheel equal to the driver's position and he has to give you room. Room is defined by 2/3s of a car width, which mean that the overtaking driver may need to put two wheels into the grass to execute the pass. The SCCA rules are way less clear.

NASA overtaking rules:
25.4 Rules For Overtaking (page 103)

25.4.1 Passing General
The responsibility for the decision to pass another car, and to do it safely, rests with the overtaking driver. The overtaken driver should be aware that he/she is being passed and must not impede the pass by blocking. A driver who does not watch his/her mirrors or who appears to be blocking another car seeking a pass may be black-flagged and/or penalized. The act of passing is initiated when the trailing car’s (Car A) front bumper overlaps with the lead car’s (Car rear bumper. The act of passing is complete when Car A’s rear bumper is ahead of Car B’s front bumper. “NO PASSING” means a pass cannot even be initiated. Any overlap in a NO PASSING area is considered illegal.

25.4.2 Punting
The term “punting” is defined as nose to tail (or side-of-the-nose to side-of-the-tail) contact, where the leading car is significantly knocked off of the racing line. Once the trailing car has its front wheel next to the driver of the other vehicle, it is considered that the trailing car has a right to be there. And, that the leading driver must leave the trailing driver enough “racing room.” In most cases, “racing room” is defined as “at least three quarters of one car width.” If adequate racing room is left for the trailing car, and there is incidental contact made between the cars, the contact will be considered “side-to-side.” In most cases, incidental side-to-side contact is considered to be “just a racing incident.” If, in the case of side-to-side contact, one of the two cars leaves the racing surface (involuntarily) then it may still be considered “a racing incident.”

Note: See specific class rules for variations in this rule.

25.4.3 Right to the Line
The driver in front has the right to choose any line, so long as not to be considered blocking. The driver attempting to make a pass shall have the right to the line when their front wheel is next to the driver of the other vehicle. Note: This rule may be superseded by class specific rules.

25.4.4 Blocking
A driver may choose to protect his or her line so long as it is not considered blocking. Blocking is defined as two (2) consecutive line changes to “protect his/her line,” and in doing so, impedes the vehicle that is trying to pass with each of the two (2) consecutive movements. Drivers are encouraged to check with the Race Director for a full explanation before the start of the race.

25.4.5 Incident Review Board
The Race Director may assemble an Incident Review Board (IRB) for the purposes of investigating on-track incidences. The Race Director may give the IRB the power to make decisions to determine fault and/or issue penalties. All decisions made by the IRB may be appealed to the Race Director. The Race Director may elect to override the IRB decisions and/or modify penalties.

http://www.nasaprora...m/rules/ccr.pdf

@kapnk006 - below are the rules from the sports car racing series NASA......

FANTASTIC! Thank you. I looked at the SCCA Rulebook and was surprised at the lack of detailed rules when overtaking another car. But the NASA rule reinforces almost exactly what the OLR rule states....which my father says is a joke and no "real life racing would ever support that rule". Although my Dad is now 80 years old, he did do quite a bit of autocross and Porsche club racing back in the day. I was surprised by his lack of knowledge when it comes to overtaking rules and I am really gonna enjoy this "gotcha moment" with him!

Thanks again, cheers!

@kapnk006 - below are the rules from the sports car racing series NASA. These are very clearly written rules and say exactly what you are describing. Your front wheel equal to the driver's position and he has to give you room. Room is defined by 2/3s of a car width, which mean that the overtaking driver may need to put two wheels into the grass to execute the pass. The SCCA rules are way less clear.

NASA overtaking rules:
25.4 Rules For Overtaking (page 103)

25.4.1 Passing General
The responsibility for the decision to pass another car, and to do it safely, rests with the overtaking driver. The overtaken driver should be aware that he/she is being passed and must not impede the pass by blocking. A driver who does not watch his/her mirrors or who appears to be blocking another car seeking a pass may be black-flagged and/or penalized. The act of passing is initiated when the trailing car’s (Car A) front bumper overlaps with the lead car’s (Car rear bumper. The act of passing is complete when Car A’s rear bumper is ahead of Car B’s front bumper. “NO PASSING” means a pass cannot even be initiated. Any overlap in a NO PASSING area is considered illegal.

25.4.2 Punting
The term “punting” is defined as nose to tail (or side-of-the-nose to side-of-the-tail) contact, where the leading car is significantly knocked off of the racing line. Once the trailing car has its front wheel next to the driver of the other vehicle, it is considered that the trailing car has a right to be there. And, that the leading driver must leave the trailing driver enough “racing room.” In most cases, “racing room” is defined as “at least three quarters of one car width.” If adequate racing room is left for the trailing car, and there is incidental contact made between the cars, the contact will be considered “side-to-side.” In most cases, incidental side-to-side contact is considered to be “just a racing incident.” If, in the case of side-to-side contact, one of the two cars leaves the racing surface (involuntarily) then it may still be considered “a racing incident.”

Note: See specific class rules for variations in this rule.

25.4.3 Right to the Line
The driver in front has the right to choose any line, so long as not to be considered blocking. The driver attempting to make a pass shall have the right to the line when their front wheel is next to the driver of the other vehicle. Note: This rule may be superseded by class specific rules.

25.4.4 Blocking
A driver may choose to protect his or her line so long as it is not considered blocking. Blocking is defined as two (2) consecutive line changes to “protect his/her line,” and in doing so, impedes the vehicle that is trying to pass with each of the two (2) consecutive movements. Drivers are encouraged to check with the Race Director for a full explanation before the start of the race.

25.4.5 Incident Review Board
The Race Director may assemble an Incident Review Board (IRB) for the purposes of investigating on-track incidences. The Race Director may give the IRB the power to make decisions to determine fault and/or issue penalties. All decisions made by the IRB may be appealed to the Race Director. The Race Director may elect to override the IRB decisions and/or modify penalties.

http://www.nasaprora...m/rules/ccr.pdf
brilliant as always in choices of words and conseitos but nascar and race more rigid in relation to regulation certain attitudes of some riders and also some circuits is not always what goes in front and forced to cede so cannot play out but it depends on the trickery of the rider can choose the outside or inside this in nascar because in other categories do not have to play despite being on the same level of driving will pilot capacity and boldness:tup:

Hey hami I was wondering if you have a tune for the cobra r fulky modded. Been working on mine for quite a bit and its still not good.

Thank you for the setup guides. I have found them most useful and it has changed the game for me.

Have you done a setup for the Amuse GT1 Turbo?

Last edited:
Hey hami I was wondering if you have a tune for the cobra r fulky modded. Been working on mine for quite a bit and its still not good.

Thank you for the setup guides. I have found them most useful and it has changed the game for me.

Have you done a setup for the Amuse GT1 Turbo?

Haven't had a go with either of these cars. I'm not tuning very much right now. Been trying to improve my wheel skills with the GT6 demo.

Hey MCH, I just have a quick question. What car did you use for the 430pp seasonal? I'm tuning up an Integra (DC5) '04. I was thinking about trying to use 1 of your Cooper tunes and adjusting for performance points...

Lionheart2113
Hey MCH, I just have a quick question. What car did you use for the 430pp seasonal? I'm tuning up an Integra (DC5) '04. I was thinking about trying to use 1 of your Cooper tunes and adjusting for performance points...

The Coopers are good. Spent the most time with the S'11 and S'07. The Honda Civic tunes in the 2.09 section of the garage are also really good.

I have been playing with a Focus RS, the Golf GTis and the premium Peugeot but haven't posted the tunes yet.

Can you tell me what kind of race times you are running if you get the chance?!? I need to see how off the mark I might be with this seasonal. :scared:

Can you tell me what kind of race times you are running if you get the chance?!? I need to see how off the mark I might be with this seasonal. :scared:

Over the last month I primarily played the GT6 demo time trial. I have only raced the Autum Ring track on the GT5 430pp event. Trying to win it with a Focus RS at 400pp and have only finished second so far. So the time I am shooting for is a few tenths ahead of the leader. I may have to raise the RS to 415 to get the win?

I only had 3 days to play the GT Academy with being gone all month. I should practice those trials more.
I gave up with going less pp for the Autumn circuit and just maxed out the DC5 at 430 and it was still a struggle for me to finish with a race time under 5:10. I'll patiently wait to see what tunes you come up with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back