◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
D5 Co-director report

15 cars on a grid - Daytona felt like Daytona (even in the Bimmer). The Bus Stop claimed a couple of spins, but general excitement.

The NSX had some close places and the kart was a war of attrition. Skills, thanks for the advice earlier - no wipeouts in the first race and 1 'excursion' at the beginning of the second race - led to my best combo/showing of the evening by far - even with my tedious lap time/average.

I hope all had fun.

D5 Co-director report

15 cars on a grid - Daytona felt like Daytona (even in the Bimmer). The Bus Stop claimed a couple of spins, but general excitement.

The NSX had some close places and the kart was a war of attrition. Skills, thanks for the advice earlier - no wipeouts in the first race and 1 'excursion' at the beginning of the second race - led to my best combo/showing of the evening by far - even with my tedious lap time/average.

I hope all had fun.

I should head my own advice as I did have an excursion and a penalty trying to gain control.

Great night in D3, good fun racing everyone!!!

Wish I wasn't so greedy though, cost me twice :banghead:

EDIT: D3 replays uploaded.

Hey can I join? I used to drive really recklessly but I will try my best to stop and I will probably fit best in the lowest div because I just started playing but if you guys don't mind having a newbie around then ill definitely try to make it to your events!

S.N.A.I.L D5
NuumlrburgringGP_D_zpsd0a83097.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_1_zpsbae4d038.jpg

Had a great time on my first night. Loved the BMW's at Daytona. I like the NSX but it didn't really fit well with the track. I didn't care much for the karts. Those things are so difficult to drive lol. Overall it was a good night and a lot of fun.

S.N.A.I.L D5

That was fast! Nice pics! 👍

Had a great time on my first night. Loved the BMW's at Daytona. I like the NSX but it didn't really fit well with the track. I didn't care much for the karts. Those things are so difficult to drive lol. Overall it was a good night and a lot of fun.

Congrats on a successful S.N.A.I.L. debut! We're glad to have you. :)

Hey can I join? I used to drive really recklessly but I will try my best to stop and I will probably fit best in the lowest div because I just started playing but if you guys don't mind having a newbie around then ill definitely try to make it to your events!

Hi loyxx,

Thanks for your interest in joining. We don't mind if you're new to online racing, everyone has to start somewhere. However we don't take kindly to reckless drivers. So if you're serious about racing with us and learning to drive cleanly please read and understand SNAIL's Online Rules and the Good Racecraft Guide. Follow the links below. After you're finished and if you agree, please post back in the thread.

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage you to try racing with us in our official practice Wedneday night.

On October 7, 2012 we had 61 drivers racing simultaneously. This is the current S.N.A.I.L. record... There is a strong chance we will break that record tonight!! 👍👍👍 ( I am so excited!!! )

Sooooo close! ;)

We ended up with 59 drivers tonight! Not quite a record-breaker, but still a great turnout! Thanks to everyone who raced tonight.. YOU are what makes this league what it is!

Also, thanks to all the directors who submitted division reports this week. Sounds like a good time was had across the board. 👍

I read the rules and it all sounds good! Ill try to join as many events as I can and avoid recklessness
Great! Watch this thread for the new combinations that we'll be racing next Sunday. They should be announced by Wednesday. Come race with us Wednesday night at 10pm EDT to try out your clean driving. If all goes well I'll send you a private message with the next steps to finish joining us.👍

What is the cost limit on cars used in SNAIL?

$5 million

So two $5 million cars can be picked. Costing $10 million.

If one pick keeps car and changes track. We should allow for a $10 million car cap ;)

Any information available as to the Combos for Sunday?
Need to prepare for this evenings' practice.

This is the last we head from SoCalRacer310. I just sent him a PM to remind him that we're waiting for his Prize A selection.

He was wanting to do the 65' Alfa TZ2 but money cap prevents that awesomeness from gracing SNAIL Racers with a great experience. ;)

Got a quick poll question for everyone.. The conversations quoted above had me thinking last week, but I didn't want to to post anything that would confuse the prize winners or delay them from making their prize selections. The last time we increased the price cap for Prize A and Prize B selections was more than nine months ago. What is everyone's thoughts on raising the price cap again?

Is it still pretty easy to earn money fast these days? My initial thought is that GT6 is coming at the end of the year so we might as well spend our GT5 money lol. One idea I had was only allowing a $10M car to be selected if it's selected by Monday night (immediately after the the "all clear" is given). That would allow extra time for those who need to earn money (do seasonals) to afford it. In other words, if you don't make your car selection by Monday night, the price cap drops back down to $5M. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:
Got a quick poll question for everyone.. The conversations quoted above had me thinking last week, but I didn't want to to post anything that would confuse of delay the prize winners last week. The last time we increased the price cap for Prize A and Prize B selections was more than nine months ago. What is everyone's thoughts on raising the price cap again?

My choice is obvious. :)

If people need a way to earn credits quickly I can share my way of how I get credits! I do like the Monday notice idea, it would definitely be a great way to get a variety of cars!

Yeah that's for sure. ;)

However, made some edits above so please share your thoughts on the second paragraph too.

Allow Prize A the honors of picking any amount but if over 5 million it must be picked and posted in thread by 12:01 AM PST Tuesday. However track choice can float out. Car has to be posted to lock in.

Prize B capped at 5 million still.

Allow Prize A the honors of picking any amount but if over 5 million it must be picked and posted in thread by 12:01 AM PST Tuesday. However track choice can float out. Car has to be posted to lock in.

Prize B capped at 5 million still.
So it is possible 15 million credits might be needed 1 week? That seems a bit much.

Division 4 Report!

Sorry for my delay but I was chatting on the phone with my daughter!! Also got a chance to talk to my son today. They are both hundreds of miles away. One goes to U.S.C. and the the other is a member of the U.S.C.G. in Alaska. With a 22oz porterhouse in my belly and my fellow SNAILs, it has been a day to remember!

Division 4 was fantastic tonight!! Although my Limburger hat found me again, the racing was a trip! I am sorry I stunk the place up tonight but I still had several killer battles. Many times I found myself sweating buckets... My brow was furled and knuckles white trying to defend my position. During one of my biggest battles, I had glanced up to see my position. I expected to see 2nd or maybe 3rd. Not even close. I was slugging it out for 9th!! How freaking cool is that!

D4 had a hickup or two with a couple of strange disco's but all in all things went very well. A huge thanks to Bandit for hosting and Goat and Moper for keeping the night on track!! I couldn't do it without you guys!!

The results for the night will change a bit once I get the data straightened out. We had a handful of drivers start, but not finish the last race so I will need to review the replay and add points according to who started and when they either disco'd or bailed... That will be tomorrow night.

I am no hero when it comes to Daytona and my results reflect that, but the gang had a great time with that combo. The NSX was a scream!! It isn't a secret that I prefer /F over /D but still a ton of fun!! Many mixed feelings with the kart but I for one, really had fun with it! It really requires a special level of concentration and skill set. I could not quit laughing!!

Another great SNAIL night. A perfect ending to a great Father's Day!!

Oh yea... Division 4 Replays are up as well!!!

Got a quick poll question for everyone.. The conversations quoted above had me thinking last week, but I didn't want to to post anything that would confuse the prize winners or delay them from making their prize selections. The last time we increased the price cap for Prize A and Prize B selections was more than nine months ago. What is everyone's thoughts on raising the price cap again?

Is it still pretty easy to earn money fast these days? My initial thought is that GT6 is coming at the end of the year so we might as well spend our GT5 money lol. One idea I had was only allowing a $10M car to be selected if it's selected by Monday night (immediately after the the "all clear" is given). That would allow extra time for those who need to earn money (do seasonals) to afford it. In other words, if you don't make your car selection by Monday night, the price cap drops back down to $5M. Thoughts? Suggestions?
A few things to consider. This change would only mean that 4 new premium cars could be chosen.

1. Alfa zagato - 10,000,000
2. Ferrari F 10 - 10,000,000
3. Citroen GT race car - 5,600,000
4. Mazda 787b - 5,260,00

So it is not like this opens up a whole lot of cars. If you include possible standards the total cars is only 8 and the four additional cars are all less than 5,750,000

Seeing as how you can earn 5 million in 5 - 20 minute b spec races I do not see this being a hard ship.

Jobyone you're on it.

I made this little chart while doing so you posted that. LoL

94AC30D3-2710-46E6-A618-6E4101EAD285-11697-000007066D9FD93E_zps90f27058.jpg

The Jaguar XJ13, Lambo Miura, Alfa TZ2, and GT by Citroen can all be painted our colors. ;)

Last edited:
Division 1 Report

Tonight was another great night of racing in D1. Tonight was the night for trying out new or different equipment. Adventuruss decided to try racing with the wheel for the first time in months and impressed as usual with his speed. Sadly he struggled a bit with consistency but still ended the night with a win and a pole. Nic-kl had his usual tv go out on him and so was playing on something that cavemen made apparently. I think once the candle went out on him and he missed a braking point but otherwise it went unnoticed by the rest of us. Owens was trying out his new load cell this week and put it to good use pulling off an impressive win in the first round in the karts along with a blinding fast 36.326. For myself it was the transition back to Gt5 and my usual rig at home. All in all it was a great night of racing in D1 with the win being determined by a point. Looking forward to next week as always. C.Hill out. :lol:

Also replays uploaded and all data entered.

Jobyone you're on it.

I made this little chart while doing so you posted that. LoL

85FB1C9B-C86C-4BCB-9DA1-A0D95DADA42A-11621-000006F80D310E57_zps52dc4f25.jpg

The Jaguar XJ13, Lambo Miura, Alfa TZ2, and GT by Citroen can all be painted our colors. ;)
Lol

The Ferrari 2007 is $12.5 mill.

Ugh it was a rough day out there for me! But all in all it was fun, the first round of karts was bad, but on the second round once I figured out how to drive the darn thing I managed a solid 2nd.

D5 Replays are uploaded.

I am OK with the increase, but leery of the +\- 700 PP cars. 'Nuff of those already, IMHO. The others look good.

What about including standard. "Prize cars" from A or B spec up to the level 10 or level 15 races?

It only takes a couple of Seasonals to get to those levels, and with the Seasonal income, it would be easy to buy the best car to win said event. If the car had previously been won then modified, I imagine we likely have a large number of unmodified cars in our garages...

Last edited:
Back