Photomode Photographers Q&A #35 - nanabu

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 379 comments
Wait, am I right that Taiga is the same guy as slzk? :D If so, he has already been interviewed... Anyway, nice read, Fysho! :)

Oh yeah, good spotting I totally forgot about that. Looks like you may have to pick another Fysho.

Wait, am I right that Taiga is the same guy as slzk? :D If so, he has already been interviewed... Anyway, nice read, Fysho! :)

Right you are! Maybe I'll ask lee if I'm able to drop in new answers as the Q&A has changed quite a bit since my input.

Well, it's only fair that someone who hasn't been interviewed has a go so Fysho....you'll have to choose again mate.

hope everyone understands 👍

Oh, as per THIS POST, anyone who has been interviewed before the extra questions were added, feel free to PM me your answers to the new Q's and i'll add them to your original Q&A.

👍

Well, it's only fair that someone who hasn't been interviewed has a go so Fysho....you'll have to choose again mate.
jus1029. He's been doing pretty good, lately.

Also, thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked it :dopey:

picture.php

jus1029

1, How about an introduction?

Hello, GTPlanet! I am jus1029, or my real name, Justin. I was born and raised in Metro Manila, Philippines. Of course, I am one of the few Filipino GT photographers, a car guy and a brony.

2, How long have you been taking photos in Gran Turismo?

Well, I started off with Gran Turismo 5. After seeing amazing shots from the first months of GT5 right here in GTP, I've decided to join the bandwagon and started. It weird that I started making an account many months after I got the game. Still, Then, I took my skills to GT4, and I've made a gallery just for that.

3, What was the first picture you took in GT5?

autumnringminiwithmazda.jpg

I got into grips with the angles and all, and it wasn't that bad. :P

4, And your first edit?

Well, I've done a few edits. Some are gone, some stayed. This is my first 2.0 entry.

circuitdelasarthe2009wi.jpg

I know! I KNOW! It sucks.

5, How would you describe your photography style?

In a word, unique. I tried my best to keep all my shots in one set to have variety in composition, panning speed, focus, etc.

6, In your opinion, what makes a great photo?

A great photo must showcase talent. If you have great photography skills, the photo will turn out great. If your Photoshop knowledge is high, then you can create nearly-perfect shots.

7, What is your favourite car to shoot?

To be honest, I don't have one. There are many great cars that show beauty in different ways. Whether it's standard or premium, I try hard to create pretty shots.

8, What is your favourite location to shoot?

Personally, I would choose places with sunset and night time change, so the sun cannot ruin the car's image too much.

9, What is your favourite picture you have in your gallery and why?

Oh man! I have so many to choose from! However, this stood out.

The car, the warm tones, the GoPro-like angle: definitely my favorite.

10, Do you edit your photomode pictures and if so what techniques do you prefer?

I definitely do.

In my first months in GTPlanet, I used to use "Cross Processing" filter in Photoshop and try to kill the green-ness. The results weren't what you call...positive. I was given a tip by Garrett/gtuned to change my ways in editing. As a result, it worked!

I replaced it with the "Brightness-Contrast" way and play around with the colors. That changed my image not only as in my shots but as in myself. People now appreciated my skills and, frequently, featured them from other sites! (I even made it to Tumblr!)

11, If you could change, add or remove any feature in GT photomode, what would they be?

Interior shot. I think it's self explanatory.

12, Do you have any advice to share with the rest of the photomode users?

Don't be afraid to try something new. Whether if it's photography or editing, get to learn new techniques, and you'll get appreciation and pride.

13, Which GTPlanet photomode member or members inspire you?

gtuned, Moglet, SVX, ShaolinMasta, jBhIpS, Taiga, Skython, 20832, GTracer98, Jamoru*, Beccosinho**, DarkR*, Kodje, leeislee and NBDESIGNZ.

*Where are you?!?!
**I know he's banned, but he's awesome.

14, Outside of GTPlanet, Do you have a special photo, piece of art or anything else you've created that you would like to share to showcase your other interests and talents?

First, I do take pictures in real life. From cars, to landscape and people, you can find my shots here and here.

Second, I create videos ranging from cars, GT5, My Little Pony, real stuff and promotional ads for companies (so far, only one :D). You can find my YouTube channels here and here.

Third, I create mashups and house mixes called "Young Mix". You can find me on Soundcloud or Mixcloud.

Lastly, I made a car magazine named "Throttle TV Magazine". It's like any other magazine, but it's focused on both local (Philippines) and international car cultures. You can find many links in my signature, but please do visit the official website right here.

15, Finally, Who would you like to nominate for the next Q&A session?

Let's see. NBDESIGNZ...nope. SMfan...he's done. GPR...finished. Ah! Can I call in GTracer98? :sly:

Thanks Justin 👍

Last edited:
Fantastic interview, Justin. It's quite interesting to see how much you've improved over time. 👍

Thanks, Ciro, Nicolas and Nenad!

I never had a legit interview before! :D:tup:

Very interesting interview Fyshokid & Justin. Always a pleasure to read these Q&A. We learn a lot on each one approach of the photomode and that's also a way to better know the members of this forum :)

GTracer98

1, How about an introduction?

I'm GTracer98 aka Ciro (aka Iron Man aka Tony Stark aka DocArmor... (thank you, MoMo :lol:)) I'm 15 and I'm born and I live in an unknown country called Latvia. :D Yes, ask someone where's Latvia, 90% of people won't know...

I love cars more than you think but I have A LOT of other interests as well. :)

2, How long have you been taking photos in Gran Turismo?

Since Christmas 2005 when I got Gran Turismo 4 and the PlayStation 2. Enjoyed doing photography A LOT but I didn't post them anywhere, I just kept them on my memory card...

And then GT5, thanks to GTPlanet, I have been able to show my works to the world and I got to say, I enjoy that a lot. Now, of course, I'm looking forward to GT6. :)

3, What was the first picture you took in GT5?

If I'm correct, this:

Chamonix - principale by DocArmor98/GTracer98, on Flickr

4, And your first edit?

7794908866_76336e383f_h by DocArmor98/GTracer98, on Flickr

Nothing epic but pretty good, no? :D

5, How would you describe your photography style?

Very weird sometimes. I understand photography quite different than others and that kind of shows in my photos, sometimes I can think I have taken my best GT5 shot but others say it lacks something... :D

In general, I like taking photos from a low angle, with the car in motion and panning mode either 1 or 3. :D

6, In your opinion, what makes a great photo?

A story, a story, and again, a story. A photo has to tell a story, whether you do that with composition, which BTW is a vital part of a photo, or you choose a good angle and focal lenght. It really comes to the photographer to decide. ;) And rememmber, if the stock GT5 photo isn't good, editing won't make it much better either, you have to have a good basis.

7, What is your favourite car to shoot?

Well, my all-time favourite is the Mazda 787B, it just looks awesome, I know it's a bit overused but still...

Also, Italian cars and any sports car in general. Sometimes I might choose a slower city car as well, just to add variety. :)

8, What is your favourite location to shoot?

Monza, Nordschleife, Suzuka, Toscana, Gion, Eiger. Great lighting in those locations.

A thing to underline, I prefer tracks over phototravel locations, I like showing off cars in motion. Plus, when I do a photo drive it creates the emotions I want to put in my photos.

9, What is your favourite picture you have in your gallery and why?

This:

Realism by DocArmor98/GTracer98, on Flickr

Why? It just is. :lol: IMO, it has a story that gets expressed well thanks to the lighting, panning mode 1 and the GREAT Ferrari 330 P4. But there are lots of other shots that I love. :)

10, Do you edit your photomode pictures and if so what techniques do you prefer?

Yup, using Photoshop CS5 for most of my works. What do I do? Well, add gradient maps, change curves, contrast, vibrance, levels, color balance. I might clean-up something, add blur or noise. And in the end I use Selective Color - a tool that can change a photo COMPLETELY. I recommend it to everyone. 👍

BTW, I want to thank mazda787 for a video which teached me to improve my editing.

11, If you could change, add or remove any feature in GT photomode, what would they be?

More freedom with the camera, ability to change the time of day in photomode locations and the ability to do real-time photography to really test one's skills. Pressing the pause in a replay is just way to easy. :P

But, of course, GT6 is on the corner and hopefully it's photomode feature will be epic! :)

12, Do you have any advice to share with the rest of the photomode users?

As most of the other interviewed said: don't be afraid of failing, it's part of learning and, as we all know, practise really does make perfect. And, if you feel that you aren't good enough, maybe photography isn't for you, there's certainly other things you can shine at.

13, Which GTPlanet photomode member or members inspire you?

Everyone, seriously, every shot I see here gives me an idea. Which people do that most often? Well, these guys (infinite list ahead :D): NBDESIGNZ, MadMoss, GPR, ShaolinMasta, SMfan, leeislee, Miklad, Moglet, BkS, zambuca, Nato_777, bmxmitch, jus1029, mazda787, ceiling_fan, drfitingziggy, MoMo PeeZero, RaY29rus, jBhIpS, DarkR, Taiga, Dolp, Kalax3, MrEverest, el_fayce, hgrf93, Haer Bev, Kodje... (I'm just gonna stop here, ok? It's way to hard to write down everyone... :D)

14, Outside of GTPlanet, Do you have a special photo, piece of art or anything else you've created that you would like to share to showcase your other interests and talents?

I do take real pics, some can be seen in my Flickr account. I might create another account just for real photos.

Also, I play the trumpet, there's no way I can show you that, maybe I can find a video of me playing in a national concours where I got the 4th place. :sly:

15, Finally, Who would you like to nominate for the next Q&A session?

Hard to choose... I'm going to say...

Kodje!! I'm surprised he hasn't been interviewed yet.

Thanks Ciro 👍

Last edited:
Insightful interview Ciro. Btw, I improved overnight watching YOUR video.:)

Keep up the good stuff.

Superb interview, and it's great to see what drives you to make such inspiring works of art.

Great stuff Ciro.👍

Can't wait for your next installment, and good choice for picking Kodje as the next in line.

Great thread Leeislee.👍

That's a great Q&A Ciro, very interesting to read you answers 👍
I always forgot you are (only) 15... Hope my oldest daughter (12 actually) will have your maturity at the same âge ;)
(I Knew Latvia but to be honnest wasn't sure if it was above or under the Eesti ;) )
And thanks a lot for choosing me for the next Q&A :cheers:
But now I have to write something... With my horrible english it will be epic for sure :lol:

Thanks proby, Eric and Jeremy! :embarrassed: I'm certainly looking forward to your answers, Jeremy, I might learn something. Your photos are always amazing and you know that. :drool: And BTW, do you think I'm very mature? :lol:

Nice read Ciro. I feel like I know a little more about you now which is good. I'd say you came across fairly mature. ;)

Nice choice on your fav shot, it's a great one. 👍

Looking forward to Kodje next. :)

Back