WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason it wasn't, I swear I put it up :odd:

Track up now.

I was able to download the track and test on it.
SM: 1:15.418
SS: 1:11.852
Did a comparison check with some laps on Racing Hards and they really weren't that much quicker.

What's with the big discrepancy between SM and SS tyres? Is that meant to be a 1:13.418?

Probably going to be back in the Alfa around the tricky triangle on sunday and hopefully my connection holds out

DK
What's with the big discrepancy between SM and SS tyres? Is that meant to be a 1:13.418?

Nope, the best I could manage was 1:15.418 on the SM tires. The car was just too tricky to control on them. I am, however, predicting a 1-fuel stop race for the Ferrari.

Round 6 - 6 July
Toscana Grand Prix @ Pescara
POSTER06TargaFlorioFcopy_zpse6651e4f.gif

Pescara
80 Laps / 269 Miles

Pescara has become a unique part of the WSC. The track layout, at least from a 2-dimesional track map is simple, a round oval, which appears to offer little to no challenge. But when you get to the track it is something different entirely.

Pit lane and the start line is in the middle of a valley, with a huge straightaway. Turn 1 is a gradually tightening uphill right hander, slightly banked. It's one of the most deceptive corners in racing, very easy to understeer wide into the hay bales. From there on its flat to the floor over crests and rises.

The final largest crest has a sharp drop-off, cars will briefly wheelie, and in draft get very light and skittish. As soon as you come down off the bump think about when to brake, as the track turns right, its banked, but it also drops away on the outside with a number of bumps. The inside line is fastest, but the closer you get to the inside, the bumpier it is, the car can sometimes just make a sudden movement out of control any time. From the on its flat, the final turn a downhill corner into the valley as you blow by the pits at 200mph.

Its a challenge of sheer concentration, and one made a lot harder by one thing - the night draws in. When that happens, Pescara ceases to become a high speed circuit, instead it becomes a monster with the road rushing at you from your headlights...

Furi's Race Control Statement To Drivers:
Pescara is a unique track. Due to the speeds and length of the track, its dangerous for a car to be slow around the circuit. If you miss pit road or get spat out, you are permitted to do a 180 degree turn and head the wrong way up the pit straight, as long as you against the armco and well clear of the oncoming traffic, and try a 180 degree turn back in.

Pace speed 70mph, 20 laps on your classes harder compound. Good luck to all.

Best of luck to all, just please clear cache before we begin ;)

Furinkazen.
:gtpflag:

Will aim to be there tonight but am out until around about 6-7 time frame. Hope I can make it and take the ST crown :)

If I recall from last season, we are going to lap GT/ST cars every two and a half minutes :scared:

Last edited:
Who's gonna join me tonight then around the terrifying triangle? Room opens in an hour.

Not for the first time, i won't be driving 100%. 26 degree heat is making me feel very sick at moment :ill:

26 :eek: it was almost 55 here in Riyadh :lol:

26C in here is crazy weather :lol:

I know some Arabs myself, this is nothing for them, hell I know someone I know who moved to Riyadh from here :lol:

I will be there and I will have the place nice and cool. ;)

The darkness is encroaching... room opening now gents, and we got a few a more entries tonight ;)

Quali put back, will be two 10 min sessions tonight. Starting from 20 to the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back