GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
**** yes!
Those are some awesome awesome awesome shots!
It's unbelievable how you've managed to combine realism with such a distinct "un-boring" style and with just the overall quality of shooting and editing.
AWESOME.:drool:

:dopey: Thanks a million mate, so glad you think they are that awesome. :D
I never really know whether I've achieved what I was after until I get comments like this pointing out the things I was hoping to be good in. I appreciate the words. :cheers:

This sums up perfectly what I was thinking so I'll just quote it... oh I already did. ;)

Utterly brilliant George! :bowdown:

:lol: Thanks very much Nathan. :cheers:

I can't add anything so 👍

Cheers mate, seems like I hit a home run with this set. :D 👍

On your works one of the most pleasant toning, I always relax my eyes, when I look at your work. Bravo! :drool:👍

Thank you, I know what you mean there and am happy my shots are comfortable on the eyes. ;) 👍

Sooo real, amazing work! :drool:

Thnaks Qnrad, certainly seemed like the most realistic to me too. 👍

^^ Qnrad beat me to it ... so realistic! 👍

}:^{>

Thanks StrayShadow glad you agree. 👍

Many thanks to all the fantastic comments, I'm very humbled and pleased considering these are esssentially comp leftovers. :crazy: Cheers everybody. :cheers:

Have always been a fan of your work GPR!
Just love the composition and toning you put into effect in all of your shots. Wonder how you do it. Amazing! 👍

That choice of orange just feels sooo right. :cool:

Thanks, yeah orange looks pretty sweet on it. I tiraled a few colours before that but it just seemed to good to pass up in that orange. Glad you like it. 👍

Have always been a fan of your work GPR!
Just love the composition and toning you put into effect in all of your shots. Wonder how you do it. Amazing! 👍

Thanks very much Sean, I really apprecaite the comment and am glad your a fan hope it inspires you. :) :cheers:

Yup, they are really amazing!! This is another brilliant set from George! :drool:👍

Cheers Ciro. Thanks for the great comment. 👍 :)

It does George. To a great extent !
Good to hear mate. :)

Nothing new folks i'm afraid. Just a couple comp entries. I usually post at least three entries together but I've been pretty busy lately so thats why there's only two.

First off my 3.0, just married edit. Took me long enough to do this and I didn't have more time to really try and get some more wedding elements in there. But at the same time I quite liked the simplicity of it, but alas it hasn't fared well in the poll, oh well.

3.0 Wk 13

The Love Bug

And the second is my current 2.0 entry which I'm very happy with, although I have a pretty decent selection of other shots I could have gone with that I was happy with too. Was hard to pick what to go with but this shot swayed me a little more (the Aventador lights are so interesting looking). It's likely I'll have a Cutting Room Floor set featuring the other shots soon, so look out for that. ;)

2.0 Wk 135

Inner Depths

High quality is your path George, I'm late and my ps3 is dead, but still watching your work mate. Very dynamic white M3, yes this is the speed in motion. The orange Murci could be printed, really artistic work, love it ! Passion di Italia and its old mood is edited the perfect way. The Nizzan Z set is some kind of level up in photomode, each pic is wiesly taken and edited, reaching the realistic range, efficient lighting and camera angles. "The Love Bug" oh yes I love it, editing the way I like. "Inner Depths" showing the Aventador in its purest form, dark menacing the way it shall be. Bravo 👍

High quality is your path George, I'm late and my ps3 is dead, but still watching your work mate. Very dynamic white M3, yes this is the speed in motion. The orange Murci could be printed, really artistic work, love it ! Passion di Italia and its old mood is edited the perfect way. The Nizzan Z set is some kind of level up in photomode, each pic is wiesly taken and edited, reaching the realistic range, efficient lighting and camera angles. "The Love Bug" oh yes I love it, editing the way I like. "Inner Depths" showing the Aventador in its purest form, dark menacing the way it shall be. Bravo 👍

Better late than never. ;) Thanks for visiting and for the great comments on many of my shots. I'm a bit of a stickler for quality, I expect the best of myself always. Nice to know you appreciate that. Cheers mate. :cheers:

Just fantastic job

Why thank you krysalis! Glad you like. :) 👍

Great stuff, George. I'm liking the simplicity behind the first shot a lot. On top of that, I think that you've found a nice balance between cold and warm tones. The Aventador shot, on the other hand, showcases interesting details in a very artistic way - colour balance, lighting, shadowing... everything's looking good to me. 👍

Was a big fan of Herbie (Choupette in french, something like "sweetie") when I was a kid, and your version is just perfect George 👍 Very clean ediyt work and I like very much the toning and the atmosphere of your pic.

And your aventador shot is really great also, would just add a +1 to Hervé's comment, I totally agree with him.

Love the Beetle 3.0 entry - your ribbons look so real - did you make them yourself or cut'n'stick?

And Inner Depths is really cool, lovely tones, great angle - really like the detail on the lights. Lovely shot:tup: (Thought I might have had a chance in that comp until your entry appeared - and then Rambo changed his entry...and then everyone else went bokeh-tastic!!:nervous:)

Great stuff, George. I'm liking the simplicity behind the first shot a lot. On top of that, I think that you've found a nice balance between cold and warm tones. The Aventador shot, on the other hand, showcases interesting details in a very artistic way - colour balance, lighting, shadowing... everything's looking good to me. 👍

Thanks Nenad, glad you like the simplicity of the bug shot too and the tones, certainly a feature I always strive to make good. I also appreciate your in depth comment on the Aventador shot. Cheers. :cheers:

Was a big fan of Herbie (Choupette in french, something like "sweetie") when I was a kid, and your version is just perfect George 👍 Very clean ediyt work and I like very much the toning and the atmosphere of your pic.

And your aventador shot is really great also, would just add a +1 to Hervé's comment, I totally agree with him.

Thanks very much Jeremy, I quite liked Herbie as a kid too. Thought it was good idea for the marrige theme seeing as he is the Love Bug. ;) Choupette sounds like a cute name too.

Happy you like the Aventador shot too. I really appreciate the kind words mate. 👍 👍

Love the Beetle 3.0 entry - your ribbons look so real - did you make them yourself or cut'n'stick?

And Inner Depths is really cool, lovely tones, great angle - really like the detail on the lights. Lovely shot:tup: (Thought I might have had a chance in that comp until your entry appeared - and then Rambo changed his entry...and then everyone else went bokeh-tastic!!:nervous:)

Thanks Eric, well the ribbons were actually a bit of both. ;) Most of the ribbon on the right of the image was from a photo that I distorted and warped into place, then fixed up the shape with curves and did some cloning.

The other side was trickier and I couldn't find another good source shot for it so it has maybe 50% ribbon from a photo and the rest was added and cloned in using smaples of the bit that was already there. Took me a while to get it to the point that I thought it looked right.

Of course I had to try and match the colour and toning of shot, to have them look intergrated right. But yeah the answer is both, cut & paste and create.

Also thanks for the comment on the Aventador shot. The detail of those lights look pretty cool I thought. Hope your shot makes poll, there's a lot of great entries in this round.

Thanks again. :cheers:

^ That attention to detail is shows why you are always producing such amazing shots
I salute you

Thanks Ziggy, I'm never one to post anything I don't feel is up to my personal standards. We are always our our own harshest critics. ;)

Amazing 2.0 Entry for Week 135 👍 :drool:

Also very nice capture of motion in the Amuse set.

3.0 edit is so realistic!

GPR
I really appreciate the kind words mate. 👍 👍

You're welcome, my pleasure to come here. I would like to give you better feedback if I wasn't limited in my expression (my english is maybe not horrible but it takes me lot of time to express complex thought ;) ).

And Thanks a lot for the explanation on your work with the ribbon (I had the same kind of interrogations).

Amazing 2.0 Entry for Week 135 👍 :drool:

Also very nice capture of motion in the Amuse set.

3.0 edit is so realistic!

Thanks Maz. :D 👍

You're welcome, my pleasure to come here. I would like to give you better feedback if I wasn't limited in my expression (my english is maybe not horrible but it takes me lot of time to express complex thought ;) ).

And Thanks a lot for the explanation on your work with the ribbon (I had the same kind of interrogations).

Your feedback is more than fine, I can see how it would be tricky to know exactly what to write to express properly what you mean but I'm pretty sure most of the time i'm pretty sure I get what you mean so it's cool. 👍

No worries for the edit insights. I'm always willing to answer question if they are asked. Nicely of course. :sly:

Fantastic shots :drool: :drool: :drool: Looking forward to the full Lambo set.

Thanks very much Masta, I might have it up in a day or 2 and just so you konw it won't be a Lambo only set. It's actually more of a DOF & bokeh feature set as thats what the theme was about. ;)

Cutting room floor! I'll be waiting for that. :sly:

Cheers Jaden, it's coming real soon hope you like it. :nervous:

Thanks for all the support everyone. :cheers:

Got another CRF set, this batch is from the recent 2.0 comp which was all about depth or field and bokeh. These are a random selection I thought were quite interesting.

Hope you guys enjoy them.

Cutting Room Floor Set 7

Last edited:
These bokeh shots are insane, great work like we are used to see coming from you. ;)👍

Last edited:
These bokeh shots are insane, great work like we are used to see coming from you. ;)👍

Thanks Nicolas. :D 👍

Beautiful bokey

the first is :eek::banghead::bowdown:

Note also the other

Cheers krysalis, that first shot was almost going to be my entry shot. Maybe I should have gone with it. ;) glad you like them all. 👍

I am still trying to add them to my fav´s on Flickr but for some odd reason they won´t stay on fav ^^

Yeah Flickr was acting weird when I was trying to upload them too, they kept failing. Annoying. Anyway happy you like them that much. :cheers:

GPR
that first shot was almost going to be my entry shot. Maybe I should have gone with it. ;)

In my opinion, you should have done this*... According to my taste it is the most beautiful of a an insane collection of superb bokeh. The rendering of the backgroung act like a warm gold rain which match perfectly with the curve of the red dress of this MP4.

But there are some others pearls in this CRF. With no order my fav' are the Citroën GT, the LFA, the Jag' & the FT86-II ones.

Superb work George 👍 :cheers:

* if I write "you should" only it keep the same sense ?

Last edited:
Back