◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
Can anyone tell me if 1:37 with the Elise @ Madrid is any good? Because I feel that it's not that great, and i'm in way over my head trying to compete with you guys. :/

Dont feel that way man. Trust me its not a good way to race (half the reason why I am going a little AWOL on my D5 family :sly:). Going out and doing a times lap by yourself is a completely different world than racing with other people. Thats probably a really competitive time but I am 100% sure you can beat that time when you get some drafting and pressure included in the factors of racing. It'll be your first Sunday racing with us right? Dont worry about being fast. The first night should be about getting a feel for the league and having fun. Of course every night should be fun. :lol: You'll get faster with every Sunday you run with us. 👍 Im a little late to it but welcome to S.N.A.I.L.! :)

Dont feel that way man. Trust me its not a good way to race (half the reason why I am going a little AWOL on my D5 family :sly:). Going out and doing a times lap by yourself is a completely different world than racing with other people. Thats probably a really competitive time but I am 100% sure you can beat that time when you get some drafting and pressure included in the factors of racing. It'll be your first Sunday racing with us right? Dont worry about being fast. The first night should be about getting a feel for the league and having fun. Of course every night should be fun. :lol: You'll get faster with every Sunday you run with us. 👍 Im a little late to it but welcome to S.N.A.I.L.! :)

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it. :)

Hey man, don't think that your in over your head, use this league as a learning experience and don't worry about going over your limit to get to the top. That time is pretty good and I'm sure that some snails will be gathering tonight to do some practice and I encourage you to join us.

Well said, guys! 👍

That would be amazing, thank you very much. :)

You're more than welcome! FR sent! :)

Had a great time and a lot of fun running with you guys in D1. You are too good, I'm literally sweating haha Gonna train hard and try to improve the best that I can, hopefully one day I'll be able to keep up with you. :)

Had a great time and a lot of fun running with you guys in D1. You are too good, I'm literally sweating haha Gonna train hard and try to improve the best that I can, hopefully one day I'll be able to keep up with you. :)

Best way to train is race

Don't worry! After racing with us for a while, you'll be SLO NO MO! :lol:

Best way to train is race

dangerzone is an extreme example of this league's "SLO NO MO" effect. He started in D5 and has worked his way all the way up to D1 (aka Area 51). 👍

Going to go see turbo tonight! I expect to see a Martin and hillracing in the movie because they are the cooolest bestest snails around!

Ph1sher, what'd you think of the movie? I was planning to watch it tonight too, but the theater we planned on going to only allows kids under 5 during certain showings. Therefore, we're going to catch the kid-friendly matinee tomorrow. Can't wait! :dopey:

The Pit Board

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
N.A.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”

Friedrich Nietzsche​

“We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There are days, most of them it seems, that I think I am losing my mind. There are others I am very sure of it. I come here often to help exorcise a few demons but I find they are here as well. Just a different kind. It is funny how we trade one hell for another and I just can't get enough of this one. SNAIL is one of those special fantasy places that extract just as much emotion as real life does. On any given week I can expect happiness, sadness, great joy or extreme anger and disappointment. Why would any sane adult choose to put this kind of extra pressure on themselves? The real world is hard enough with out purposely adding more stress and aggravation. Why do we do it. Wouldn't it just be easier to put away the toys and just act our age? Last Wednesday nights practice I rage quit. Not because of anything another driver did. It was because I sucked. 5 seconds off the pace, every wall had my name on it and all I could do was get in everyone's way. It was everything I could do not to throw my PS3 and wheel into the woods and let the bears crap all over them. Nothing would have made me happier at that moment. There is no doubt in my unstable mind that there are very few, if any, that have not felt the same way. I have witnessed it on the track and on the thread. But here we are. Why do I keep doing this? Last Sunday night is why. Our last League night in D4 was one of the best I have ever had. Not because I won races but because of the battles I was involved in. It was epic! Crossing the finish line to start the last lap at Grand Valley, 4 cars wide and a most intense dog fight to the very end is one of the many reasons I keep coming back. I don't even remember what place I took but I will never forget the fight. We all have bad nights, weeks and even whole months [me] but it is those races where we find genius, brilliance and a touch of luck where we find ourselves the victor in a hard won battle whether it be for 7th place or a win. A night to where you are so full of adrenaline that sit up for an extra hour or two watching replays and silently pumping your fist in the air at each pass you fought for and attained and you just don't care that you have to be back to work in just a few short hours because it was just that much fun. Those intense few minutes are what brings me back week after week.

There are also many times that I am feeling less than stoked about my performance on track. Couple that with some rough real life issues and that is a recipe for quite a bit of frustration and poor feelings in my world. When I am feeling down, I still come here. Even when I am not too thrilled with my own performance, I can always rely on our community and all of the antics contained within to keep me pretty happy in between my successes. There is always something cool going on or someone being silly. I really enjoy all of the characters that make up our community. There have been times that I have really been down and our fearless leaders have always come to the rescue.

I have to be honest. I am not a writer by any means and I have never done anything like this (The Pit Board) in my life. This is one of those instances that I think to myself that I really have lost my mind. I can't thank all of you for giving me the opportunity to do something like this. It is the heart of this League and all of you that make SNAIL what it is. Whether it be writing nonsense or creating yet another SNAIL sponsored race theme. Anything and everything is encouraged with this group and that is a very rare thing in any world. Our members are the heart of the League but there are two guys that are the soul. kcheeb and zer05ive. They are the ones that have laid the cornerstones of what we all have come to enjoy and look forward to every week. What they have put into this League is so above and beyond. First off I want to publicly apologize to kcheeb. Last week I choked and did not give him credit where he deserved it. kcheeb deserved recognition for all the work he put into the first GranStand Challenge and I failed to give him that credit. This League would not be what it is today without his contributions. Fact is that zer05ive and kcheeb are SNAIL. Those two have worked tirelessly to make sure we all have a good time every week. Even when it isn't in their best interest to do so. Team SNAIL is large but everyone needs to give a nod to these guys.

I guess what it all comes down to is that we are all just a little Ooopty McGoofty for being so passionate about this. Who cares. It is fun, exciting and helps us all escape from some of the more mundane hell of real life. Thank you zer0, 'cheeb and all of you SNAILS for making this my favorite asylum!

Race Hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L

Last edited:
Ph1sher, what'd you think of the movie? I was planning to watch it tonight too, but the theater we planned on going to only allows kids under 5 during certain showings. Therefore, we're going to catch the kid-friendly matinee tomorrow. Can't wait! :dopey:

Great Movie! Definitely cool to see a movie with Fast SNAILS! overall i think i could give it a 5 outta 5 star! :lol: Enjoy the Movie Mate! Can't tell you what happend in the movie completely!

Drgreenthumb977
If someone got another s2000 LM racecar I'll be very happy because I missed the OCD this week. :(

I can send one in about 10 minutes green.

If anyone else needs one, I can send another tomorrow.

you guys invited to the races and i want to join

Hi georgeleo99,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I know is a bit late but I have some pictures from last sunday to share :)
D4 ACTION!!

Close battle

Going to final lap, I won't forget this race!

In other angle.

ExoSphere64 and O10 at finish line.

If someone has a S2000 could you please send it to me? I waited too long on getting it from the OCD.

Hey soundtiger95,

If you still need the S2000 LM Race Car, send me a PSN friend request and I'll get it to you tomorrow.

If anyone else needs the S2000 LM Race Car, best to post, there's lot's of S.N.A.I.L.s willing to help out 👍

Reserved

Still gonna be a few minutes but kcheeb and zer05ive, you guys ROCK!!

Eagerly awaiting and for the record, S.N.A.I.L.s ROCK!!

So need to teach the wifey how to use the scanner... But!!! JJ!! Those pics are awesome!! One of the best nights I have had in quite awhile! I can't wait for Sunday to see if we can't duke it out like that again! Good times!!

Great work on the pit board again Exo !!!

I know how you feel about the RL stuff, your not alone.

I can relate to those league nights that just don't go the way I want them to, I had one of those last Sunday, but still had fun.

Good luck this weekend.

S.N.A.I.L. Color and number chart

This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:

[*] The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.

[*]Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.

[*]Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.

[*]Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maxiumum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:

[*]Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
[*]First decide on a body and rim color combo.
[*]Next click HERE and fill out the form
[*]To find when your SNAIL start date, click here. Column T "SNAIL birth date"

And that's it. The most current list can be found HERE.

Updates (19Jul13): New setup and process to number and color selection starts today. Hope to make this as smooth and streamlined as I can. Look here for more updates in the near future. There are cool things in store...:sly:

I thought there would be more than 16 entries by now. Curious... ;-)

Last day of Swim Team! Woo Hoo!

Thank you once again Dragonwhisky and all the Stewards for your work reviewing the incidents this week 👍

The Buttkicker points have been updated, follow the link above for the latest standings. You need to feel what you're missing :)

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Buttkicker is offering S.N.A.I.L. members discounts on some their products, including free shipping in the U.S. The discounts are valid until September 1st, 2013. Details on the products and how to get your discount can be found here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

I'm doing it. I'm finally buying one of these! Thanks for the great price and HAIL SNAIL!

Exosphere great job on the pit board. Always a great read!

Back