GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
How do you make shots so unbelievably unbelievable? Just everything is perfect, the colours of the cars themselves blend really well with the backgrounds, it's just epic! 👍 :drool:

In my opinion, you should have done this*... According to my taste it is the most beautiful of a an insane collection of superb bokeh. The rendering of the backgroung act like a warm gold rain which match perfectly with the curve of the red dress of this MP4.

But there are some others pearls in this CRF. With no order my fav' are the Citroën GT, the LFA, the Jag' & the FT86-II ones.

Superb work George 👍 :cheers:

* if I write "you should" only it keep the same sense ?

Thank you very much Jeremy. You know what, now that I really look at it more I should have gone with it. Oh well. I still enjoy showcasing shots I don't use for everyone to enjoy, so I'm glad you like it and some of the others mate. :) :cheers:

Pictures #1, #3 and #5... Mind-blowing effort, George. :bowdown: 👍

Thanks Nenad. 👍 :)

The master of the close-up! Beautiful art George - love them all. 👍

I don't know about master, but I do enjoy shooting a good close up now and then. ;) Glad you like them, thanks. :) 👍

Every one of them is my favourite....impossible but true!

Amazing work, some of the best i've seen.

Cheers Lee, nice to know you like the whole set. And i'm pleased by such a great comment too. :D Always apreciate a comment from ya. :cheers:

How do you make shots so unbelievably unbelievable? Just everything is perfect, the colours of the cars themselves blend really well with the backgrounds, it's just epic! 👍 :drool:

I love some of colours I got from these and you're right the car colours do work well with the backgrounds. This wasn't by design I must admit but they came out pretty good. Thanks for the awesome comment. :D 👍

GPR
Cheers Lee, nice to know you like the whole set. And i'm pleased by such a great comment too. Always apreciate a comment from ya.
Well i love them, You're one of my favourite photographers/editors on here and you always deliver.

This weeks 2.0 is crying out for one of these shots George!

Well i love them, You're one of my favourite photographers/editors on here and you always deliver.

This weeks 2.0 is crying out for one of these shots George!

Cheers mate, i'm humbled. You're one of my fav's on here too. I have something else in mind for this weeks 2.0 but if that fails to work out I may just use one of these. :sly:

Mouthwatering set! You have inspired me to try to take some shots of this style!

Thanks Mazda, I'd like to see what you come up with. 👍 :)

Hey all, just a small update with my latest comp entires. I think they all came out pretty good. Hope you enjoy them.

The Photomode Calendar Comp - March

2.0 Wk 136

Pole Position

CCCL Wk 122

Silky Silvia

2.0 Wk 137

Modern Beauty

Last edited:
Time to get the notebook out again!!
Love the warm tonings that all the shots have. Love the F1 shot, the realism of the colours in the Monza grandstand is superb. I always struggle with the metallic red finish on the F1 07 - certainly not in your case, good job:tup:

Cutting Room Floor Set 7 is spectacular George! :eek: :bowdown:

Congrats on your extremely well deserved 2.0 and Calendar comp wins - fantastic images! 👍
I'm also loving this weeks CCCL and 2.0 entries - one thing on the Silvia shot though is the road marking that cuts through the inside wheels needs fixing - then it'd be perfect. ;)

Time to get the notebook out again!!
Love the warm tonings that all the shots have. Love the F1 shot, the realism of the colours in the Monza grandstand is superb. I always struggle with the metallic red finish on the F1 07 - certainly not in your case, good job:tup:

:D Thanks Eric, to tell the truth I found it a bit of a challenge to get the red looking nice too, it is a bit fiddley. I love how the background came out too with the tones and light. I appreciate the comment. :cheers:

Another amesome photo (McLaren) to add on historial of GPR. :drool:👍

Thanks very much ShadowPeter. I think it looks pretty darn hot myself. :sly:

Cutting Room Floor Set 7 is spectacular George! :eek: :bowdown:

Congrats on your extremely well deserved 2.0 and Calendar comp wins - fantastic images! 👍
I'm also loving this weeks CCCL and 2.0 entries - one thing on the Silvia shot though is the road marking that cuts through the inside wheels needs fixing - then it'd be perfect. ;)

Cheers Nathan, glad you like all of them. I did notice the road issue in the CCCL entry but I was unsure if it was within the rules to alter that so I left it. Thanks for the awesome comment. :D 👍

Last edited:
CRF #6: :drool:
Herbie 3.0: :drool: :drool:
PMCal March: :drool:👍
CRF#7: :drool:👍 :drool:👍

So...much...salivas...lost...:drool: :drool: :drool:
I thank you, George! #awkward :lol:

GPR
Cheers Nathan, glad you like all of them. I did notice the road issue in the CCCL entry but I was unsure if it was within the rules to alter that so I left it. Thanks for the awesome comment. :D 👍
You can fix that under 2.0 rules. It's not actually removing an object - it is a photomode glitch/error that just needs a little paint or smudge brush to correct. :)

CRF #6: :drool:
Herbie 3.0: :drool: :drool:
PMCal March: :drool:👍
CRF#7: :drool:👍 :drool:👍

So...much...salivas...lost...:drool: :drool: :drool:
I thank you, George! #awkward :lol:

:lol: :D , looks like I need a cleanup in isle 4. Thanks for awesome praise Justin. :cheers:

You can fix that under 2.0 rules. It's not actually removing an object - it is a photomode glitch/error that just needs a little paint or smudge brush to correct. :)

Ok cool, well I'll likely clean that up when I get home tonight. Thanks for clarifing. 👍

I really like very much all your last entries George.
Congratulations for your win in the last 2.0 competition. Pefect work on this one. To go in all little details that make it a great photo, even the helmet color is perfect ;) And I don't talk about the toning, the composition, the speed effect etc... Great one and well deserved win 👍
I also like very much this MP4 : Great warm tones & beautiful light.
We stay in the warm with the silvia one : superb sky, excellent light, great composition 👍
And congrats also for your win with this DB9, well deserved once more :cheers:

Very nice entries GPR! Congrats on the 2.0 and Calendar wins!

Cheers Mazda, thanks for the comment. :) 👍

beautiful color S13

Thanks krysalis. :) 👍

I really like very much all your last entries George.
Congratulations for your win in the last 2.0 competition. Pefect work on this one. To go in all little details that make it a great photo, even the helmet color is perfect ;) And I don't talk about the toning, the composition, the speed effect etc... Great one and well deserved win 👍
I also like very much this MP4 : Great warm tones & beautiful light.
We stay in the warm with the silvia one : superb sky, excellent light, great composition 👍
And congrats also for your win with this DB9, well deserved once more :cheers:

Thank you very much Jeremy, happy you like each entry and I really appreciate the detailed comment. Nice to hear you think the helmet colour on the F1 shot was a good choice because after I looked at it on my computer I thought it was not so good a choice.

Also nice to see you like the warm tones of the MP4, I know it's a simple shot but I love the light and colour in it myself.

Thanks again mate. :) :cheers:

The realism provided by pictures #1 and #4 is mind-blowing! The lighting, the contrasts, the compositions... Everything is spot on in these two shots. On top of that, I'm really liking what you did with regard to the toning in pictures #2 and #3 - they both have an artistic feel to them. Great, great work, George. 👍

The realism provided by pictures #1 and #4 is mind-blowing! The lighting, the contrasts, the compositions... Everything is spot on in these two shots. On top of that, I'm really liking what you did with regard to the toning in pictures #2 and #3 - they both have an artistic feel to them. Great, great work, George. 👍

Thanks Nenad, that's quite an accurate breakdown of the looks of the shots. I agree. A pleasure to read your comments, always. :cheers:

I'll start with bokeh shots. They are A M A Z I N G ! :drool: :drool: :drool: I really like all of them, but first one... You had to pick this picture for competition. Gorgeous.

Your latest competition entries are great too. My favorites are 2.0 wk 136 and CCCL wk 122. Great theme interpretation in 2.0 entry (congrats on your win btw :cheers:) and sweet tones in CCCL shot.👍👍👍

Thanks very much Ilya, I apprecaite the comment. :cheers:

Ok so it's been a while since I've posted anything and also I've been very slack in commenting on a lot of awesome works by everyone. But this is mainly due to the fact that I was fast approaching 2000 posts here on the Planet and I wanted to reserve the 2000th post for new set I've slowly been working on over the last 3 weeks.

Anyway so it's finally done and here we are 2000 posts. :D :gtpflag:

Also this happens to be my 25th official set and with that being a bit of a milestone (well to me) I thought I'd make this set a tribute to a certain GTP member who has a been a great supporter of my work and always takes the time to provide greats comments in almost everyones gallery on the planet. I'm talking about GTR/Nenad. :cheers: So here's a special GTR Set just in your honor, and to be honest I don't why I hadn't done a GTR set earlier.

I wanted to try and create some variety in edit styles and try and few new things in this set and I think they turned out pretty well. Also a thanks goes out to Shaolin Masta and Gtuned as I used some elements from there texture packs on some of these shots. 👍 Hope you enjoy the set and I'll be getting around to posting on many peeps gallerys very soon. ;)

GTR V-Spec
@ SSRX & SSR7

This is a tasty set :drool:
A lot of various and beautiful photos with, as you said, some new features which turned out pretty well.
For example the frost on the exhaust pipe in the third pic is well done 👍
I've already said it but I really like the way you use the panning mode 1 like no others. The second shot & the Enzo shot you've made for the competition are just beautiful. I also love the composition of the fourth shot, the position of the car on the road and the shooting stars 👍 And the toning is on top in this pic as usual with you. I also like very much the #5 (great mood), the #7 (wow that speed effect, that composition) and the #8 (just beautiful).

Great work George :cheers:

I love #5's dark mood! :drool:
The speed in #7 is breathtaking! :drool:👍
And, sweet mother of Celestia, #7's bokeh effect is BEAUTIFUL! :bowdown:

Congrats on the 2K posts, George! :cheers:

This is a tasty set :drool:
A lot of various and beautiful photos with, as you said, some new features which turned out pretty well.
For example the frost on the exhaust pipe in the third pic is well done 👍
I've already said it but I really like the way you use the panning mode 1 like no others. The second shot & the Enzo shot you've made for the competition are just beautiful. I also love the composition of the fourth shot, the position of the car on the road and the shooting stars 👍 And the toning is on top in this pic as usual with you. I also like very much the #5 (great mood), the #7 (wow that speed effect, that composition) and the #8 (just beautiful).

Great work George :cheers:

Thanks Jeremy. Glad you like the set and appreciate the little details. Quite often I use effects in subtle way but I think it can make a big difference. :) 👍

I love #5's dark mood! :drool:
The speed in #7 is breathtaking! :drool:👍
And, sweet mother of Celestia, #7's bokeh effect is BEAUTIFUL! :bowdown:

Congrats on the 2K posts, George! :cheers:

Cheers Justin, it would be nice if GT were able to produce more realistic bokeh like that. Thanks for the comment. :cheers:

The 1st, 5th, and the 7th makes my jaw drop. Awesomeness are too much in this one. :drool:

Thanks Mate, I pretty pleased with how number 5 came out especially. Looks like so far it's a popular choice. I appreciate the comment. 👍 :)

Thanks fellas. :cheers:

Fantastic milestone set George! :drool:
As much grief as the GT-R's get in Gran Turismo, mainly for being too prolific of course, they really are a nice subject to photograph as you have certain proven here. 👍
Really love the variety of shots and editing you've used here and as Jermey has said your use of mode 1 is brilliant. :bowdown:

Holy mother of god. That's one hell of a high quality set that is one of the best sets i've seen on GTP, each shot is a compliment to the next and a compliment to yourself George. I've said it before and i'll say it again, you're one of my favs on here...smashing work and gorgeously understated editing.

(by understated i mean tasteful and completely gorgeous!)

Fantastic milestone set George! :drool:
As much grief as the GT-R's get in Gran Turismo, mainly for being too prolific of course, they really are a nice subject to photograph as you have certain proven here. 👍
Really love the variety of shots and editing you've used here and as Jermey has said your use of mode 1 is brilliant. :bowdown:

Thanks very much Nathan, I really tired to make this set have some variety but I do tend to end up with a lot of similar angles sometimes. :indiff: Glad you like them. :) 👍

Holy mother of god. That's one hell of a high quality set that is one of the best sets i've seen on GTP, each shot is a compliment to the next and a compliment to yourself George. I've said it before and i'll say it again, you're one of my favs on here...smashing work and gorgeously understated editing.

(by understated i mean tasteful and completely gorgeous!)

:D Cheers Lee, that's certainly some high praise coming from the likes of you. I'm mighty chuffed. And I do know what you mean by understated. ;) Still have plenty of things I want to try to do in the future though.

Anyway I really really appreciate the awesome comment mate. :cheers:

Your layout is fantastic and you have some amazing work.. Hats off to you!

Thanks a lot Zach, always nice to have a great comment like that. :cheers:

Well well George, if you're still making these high quality pictures, I'll become some kind of groupie :) no no but, my screen starts to become too small when fullsize watching your shots. Your bokeh serie is shaking my mouse !! The Mp4 blurred ass is so sweet, I'm unable to make something like this, bravo, each camera angle is so smartly chosen. The calendar comp set is really nice, and the Mp4 must be the september month, amazing and elegant shot for sure. 2000 posts, needs a lot of time I guess :) The first GT-R pic and its sun's warm light kick ass ! Each pic has its own atmosphere, this is what I like, various camera angles, efficient editing skills. 7th pic is the most beautiful SSR7 tunnel ever seen 👍

Back