◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,695 comments
yep, 16:9 1080p killed 16:10 almost over night. I gotta imagine you can find some on amazon though, they were popular for a few years.

I've thought about it a lot, and I think I do want to get 3 new 16x9's and use the 28" as a regular desktop display. It may be a tax refund kind of purchase.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but I'm not getting a dell or hp laptop. My tablet fills all of my mobile needs so mobility is not needed, and hp and dell are the worst. One of the reasons I asked about building a pc is because companies with high standards (e.g. Asus, Sony, Samsung, apple) Charge more for not being total crap to deal with. Only thing I'm sold on wanting at least 8 gb ram, as editing pictures eats ram for breakfast. Ssd would be nice but is it worth the price? I was more having problems understanding lingo about processors like threading and flops and all that crap, hard for me to decide what is worth paying for when the selling point is "33% more flops". Also is a dedicated graphics card good for using photo editing programs? Or does that all fall on cpu and ram?

Should have been more specific lol

Hello, i would like to participate, thank you

Hello rmb_senna,

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.

Goat, clear some PM space.

Also, I forgot to mention; I will be removing access to SugarSync on Saturday. Make sure you've gotten access to the Google Drive share!

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but I'm not getting a dell or hp laptop. My tablet fills all of my mobile needs so mobility is not needed, and hp and dell are the worst. One of the reasons I asked about building a pc is because companies with high standards (e.g. Asus, Sony, Samsung, apple) Charge more for not being total crap to deal with. Only thing I'm sold on wanting at least 8 gb ram, as editing pictures eats ram for breakfast. Ssd would be nice but is it worth the price? I was more having problems understanding lingo about processors like threading and flops and all that crap, hard for me to decide what is worth paying for when the selling point is "33% more flops". Also is a dedicated graphics card good for using photo editing programs? Or does that all fall on cpu and ram?

Should have been more specific lol

Are you building from the ground up? What is your budget? I am a full time photographer so I can help you build what you need within your budget.

Just had a very sexy photo shoot.
9519894770_ded7cc814b_h.jpg

9517107623_c3b3cb8fe5_h.jpg

Hope you like.:)

O I see. Turismo-lester is a great name.:lol: Thanks for clearing that up for me. Speaking of clearing up, so is my inbox.

I'm completely sold on ssd's. I have an i7 quad core that cold boots with log in to Windows 7 in 18 seconds. Apps open and close and switch really fast.

I put one in a 5 year old desktop and I've given it new life. Was on the verge of buying a new one, don't have to now :)

I'm completely sold on ssd's. I have an i7 quad core that cold boots with log in to Windows 7 in 18 seconds. Apps open and close and switch really fast.

I put one in a 5 year old desktop and I've given it new life. Was on the verge of buying a new one, don't have to now :)

I put an SSD in my PS3, OMG (I couldn't resist that rhyme). Really though, it's so much faster than with the spinning hard drive.

Are you building from the ground up? What is your budget? I am a full time photographer so I can help you build what you need within your budget.

I would like to stay under a thousand but I would shell out anything I could justify paying for. I am starting from the floor so I will keep in mind that I can upgrade later for things that I don't need but will make me happy. Ideally would cost around $800

Can you actually put a ssd in a ps3?

Last edited:
I am betting the D1 guys are going below 2:00 in the Lotus, so that one is six laps, I figure.

Nice combo!

I will check for a guesstimate on lap times for the Viper in a moment.

I would like to stay under a thousand but I would shell out anything I could justify paying for. I am starting from the floor so I will keep in mind that I can upgrade later for things that I don't need but will make me happy. Ideally would cost around $800

Can you actually put a ssd in a ps3?

Look up microcenter and check out their deals on powerspec towers. You can get a i5 quad core 3.?, 8 gig ram, terabyte hd, and a KILLER two year warrantee that covers the computer or any modifications you do to it for $550. Best place to buy IMO. Or you can build your rig online and they'll build it fairly cheap.

I cannot keep the Viper on the track enough to get an accurate guess.

My SWAG is under 1:30, possibly 1:25(?) for aliens. Maybe faster.

This heavy car, high hp, Sport Softs... I may have to withdraw from Steward stuff if we keep this up. I won't have the time when I go back to school in a few weeks.

The only constant I have is running off when there is a corner.

Where is the Jeremy Clarkson sound bite when you need it?

I think I forgot to mention this in the main thread, but I'm going to miss the races this weekend, because I'll be participating in my first SCCA Solo 2 event. Should be pretty fun. I'll be back Monday, so I shouldn't have any trouble with my steward duties.

I am betting the D1 guys are going below 2:00 in the Lotus, so that one is six laps, I figure.

Nice combo!

I will check for a guesstimate on lap times for the Viper in a moment.

Got it, thanks!

I cannot keep the Viper on the track enough to get an accurate guess.

My SWAG is under 1:30, possibly 1:25(?) for aliens. Maybe faster.

This heavy car, high hp, Sport Softs... I may have to withdraw from Steward stuff if we keep this up. I won't have the time when I go back to school in a few weeks.

Last night I did consistant 1:30's and even got a couple 1:29's in the viper

Okay, that equals 7 laps. Thanks!

Toms Hardware did a test on putting a SSD in a PS3 and the performance benefits were nowhere near what you would see in a PC but there definitely was improvement. Since the PS3 has no support for SSD and TRIM, the performance will diminish over time. So do this at your own risk.

Toms Hardware did a test on putting a SSD in a PS3 and the performance benefits were nowhere near what you would see in a PC but there definitely was improvement. Since the PS3 has no support for SSD and TRIM, the performance will diminish over time. So do this at your own risk.

Even having to perform an erase operation before a write, an SSD will be faster. I had the SSD in an external enclosure anyway, so it's getting much better use now.

Back