◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
dabneyd
ProjectCARS will be out early next year and it has shifter karts and regular karts plus quite a few real kart tracks. We'll see how it and GT6 compare...

Still bummed about missing the beta :(

Looking forward to it!

i got nothing going on tuesdays..and would love to join you guys for some Kart Racing :lol: I already got Snail_D2 Lounge. Thanks!

Now that I've found this thread and steward stuff notwithstanding, I will be making an effort to be there next Tuesday.

Good stuff 👍 The more the merrier!

Steward stuff can't take precedence over racing ;)

Got the number of laps worked out and a starting point for the gearing. More tweaking at Motegi, ran out of time to try more setups there. A little more gear might help the draft.

Race 1 - Tsukuba with Motorcycle Chicane - 13 laps
Race 2 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 10 laps
Race 3 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 12 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi East - 12 laps

........ Lap Time - 1st Gear - Final Gear - Top Speed - Driven Top Speed
Race 1 : 1:05.789 - 1.008 ---- 4.3000 ----- 95 -------- 90

Race 2 : 2:28.942 -- .868 ---- 4.3000 ----- 110 ------- 98

Race 3 : 1:40.769 -- .954 ---- 4.3000 ----- 100 ------- 91

Race 4 : 1:37.177 -- .954 ---- 4.3000 ----- 100 ------- 97 a little gear left

ThePDTX
Mind if I use your gear tune kcheeb? And I assume the top speed is in miles/h not km/h.

Go for it 👍 That's why I posted them :)

Watch the Motegi tune though I think you might need some more top speed for the draft, there's a cojple of long straights.

MPH for sure!

Good variety of tracks too :)

Go for it 👍 That's why I posted them :)

Watch the Motegi tune though I think you might need some more top speed for the draft, there's a cojple of long straights.
(...)

Alright, thanks. :)

Caution! X will be on the grid at tonight's Karting event.

Little devil cars are sinfully fun to drive.

X

Xradkins
Caution! X will be on the grid at tonight's Karting event.

Little devil cars are sinfully fun to drive.

X

That's the truth :D

Hopefully we can get a few more on tonight 👍

Depends on how long it takes me to get the steward backup finished, got 3 more pages to get done, and if time allows will get some reviews done as well. Then I may jump in for Kart action.

Dragonwhisky
Depends on how long it takes me to get the steward backup finished, got 3 more pages to get done, and if time allows will get some reviews done as well. Then I may jump in for Kart action.

Seems to me the priority order needs to changed to desc ;)

will be on the grid tonight! When you guys break in your kart, did you just do it practice mode or in online races?

kcheeb
Seems to me the priority order needs to changed to desc ;)

There are a couple things in front of those. It could be changed to desc, but only if racing started 3 hours earlier. ;)

Ph1sher
will be on the grid tonight! When you guys break in your kart, did you just do it practice mode or in online races?

I did mine online and in b spec seasonals

EDIT: Tonight's races are at:

9:00 P.M. Eastern

Last edited:
Does anyone have a spare kart I can borrow? I don't think I have time to break one in and still make it one time. Really would appreciate it. :)

Due to the late decision to participate, my kart isn't going to be broken in in time. It should have around 100 miles on it by 9:00 p.m. E.T. Just saying.

EDIT: if it's possible for someone to send me a broken in one I would appreciate it. If that's not the case, I will miss the first race at most just to get a little extra mileage.

DriftinAssassin
Does anyone have a spare kart I can borrow? I don't think I have time to break one in and still make it one time. Really would appreciate it. :)

Jared93
Due to the late decision to participate, my kart isn't going to be broken in in time. It should have around 100 miles on it by 9:00 p.m. E.T. Just saying.

EDIT: if it's possible for someone to send me a broken in one I would appreciate it. If that's not the case, I will miss the first race at most just to get a little extra mileage.

I wouldn't worry too much about being totally broken in guys.

This is a night of racing with an emphasis on FUN!

We had people from pretty much every division racing last week in broken in and not broken in Karts. Pretty sure we all had someone to race 👍

ThePDTX
Got disconnected and can't join back in. :/

Doh, just saw this now :( Sorry about the hassle.

Thanks for the racing everyone, good fun again 👍

I'm thinking about making a tweak to the format. We've raced a coue of Ovals and they've been fun. What do you guys think about switching between Twin Ring Motegi Oval and Owens 3/8 oval each week. Then have three track picks?

Doh, just saw this now :( Sorry about the hassle.

It was from my end...my internet has been weird the last couple days. :/

I'm thinking about making a tweak to the format. We've raced a coue of Ovals and they've been fun. What do you guys think about switching between Twin Ring Motegi Oval and Owens 3/8 oval each week. Then have three track picks?

Sounds fun 👍 maybe the oval could be the last race of the night, to end it in a more "relaxed" track.

I'm thinking about making a tweak to the format. We've raced a coue of Ovals and they've been fun. What do you guys think about switching between Twin Ring Motegi Oval and Owens 3/8 oval each week. Then have three track picks?[/QUOTE]

👍👍👍

Results are posted

Looking for Track Picks from:

OwensRacing
Xrad-11
TEX36

I removed myself from eligibility for two reasons, it's my series and I'd like more people involved, so look for some changes to the way we pick in the future and my record for track picking is less than stellar (much akin to my math skills :lol:)

We'll go ahead with the Oval idea, starting with Twin Ring Motegi Oval 👍 as the last race of the night!

I'll make my choice after Xrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back