New official GT5:P & GT5 Wheel by Logitech and PD + GT5:P release dates confirmation

• Thread starter amar212
  • 190 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
MAJOR UPDATE: Video of the wheel (phone cam from the GDC floor) + FUNCTION EXPLANATIONS IN-GAME:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZrsy2gESMA&e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XKy-2Y-Ec

Obviusly, EU/US Prologue might come with new DFP support already built in.

Special thanx to guys at goingsony.com blog for sharing this video with the world, without even knowing the presciousness of it :D

About the new wheel:

No H-Shift. Pedals are basicaly the same as old ones. Hope they will not feature brake-glitch as the old ones. Real time control of brake bias, traction and damper settings. Horn (what?) included. PS2 and PS3 compatible. Designed by Polyphony Digital. Official start of sales is not confirmed yet, and my internal source says that retailers has just received ordering-forms while first deliveries/sales should start during May.

Obviusely, GT5 will deliver real-time mechanics control, as seen in Formula One games on PS2 and PS3.

No leather, however. While price is fine. 149$ for US, and 149 euro for Europe.

Also, I've got unoffical information that PS3/GT5:P bundle on the way for Europe. 40GB console, Sixasis controler (no DS3 unfortunately) and GT5:P game for approx 410 euros.

So, new wheel for our collections. At this point I'm heading to gunstore to buy a gun and shoot myself in the leg.

Notice the release dates at the very end. Seems like Europe will get Prologue sooner then expected.

Pictures:

ViewMedia

53632_DFGT_171124_m.jpg

53621_DFGT_131630_m.jpg

DFGT_063706_m.jpg

Links for hi-res pictures:

http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=125556&vid=5&download=1
http://www.nulaosam.hr/logitech/driving_force_GT/53632_DFGT_171124.jpg
http://www.nulaosam.hr/logitech/driving_force_GT/DFGT_063706.jpg

Logitech Unveils Official Wheel of Gran Turismo™ for PLAYSTATION®3

Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Delivers Powerful Force Feedback, Brake Bias and Traction Control Adjustment

Game Developers Conference 2008
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at the Game Developer’s Conference (GDC), Logitech (SWX:LOGN) (NASDAQ:LOGI), the world’s leading developer of force feedback gaming wheels, announced the Logitech® Driving Force™ GT racing wheel, the official wheel of Gran Turismo™. Featuring powerful force feedback and an innovative 24-position realtime adjustment dial for on-the-fly control of brake bias, traction and damper settings, the Logitech Driving Force GT gives gamers the most accurate and authentic PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) racing experience.

“We’re excited to be working with Polyphony Digital again to deliver a wheel that will satisfy the needs of car enthusiasts, like me, around the world,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for gaming. “People who love the striking realism of the Gran Turismo racing series will discover that Logitech’s latest wheel will allow them to experience the cars the way they were meant to be driven. With the Logitech Driving Force GT, you’re not playing games anymore – you’re racing!”

Logitech’s latest racing wheel was meticulously designed by Logitech and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the developer of the Gran Turismo series. The companies worked together to add the unique realtime adjustment dial, a first for force feedback wheels, allowing people to fine tune the car’s balance by adjusting the brake bias, traction control and damper settings. Now Gran Turismo drivers can have precise control over the car’s setup to achieve maximum performance.

“The Gran Turismo series has always been designed for racing enthusiasts,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital. “The Driving Force GT racing wheel was designed to perfection by our team, specifically for the next generation of Gran Turismo.”

Logitech’s newest force feedback wheel simulates understeer, oversteer, and traction loss with frightening accuracy. While the full-size gas and brake pedals deliver precise throttle and brake response, racers can use either the sequential stick shift or the wheel-mounted paddles to race through gears. The wheel also features a large 11-inch wheel with rubber-overmold rim, providing exceptional comfort and control.

The Logitech Driving Force GT turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock allowing drivers to navigate hairpin turns with greater accuracy. And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic experience. In the center of the 11-inch wheel, the Driving Force GT features an illuminated horn button with the official Gran Turismo logo. Using the authentic sounds of the car being driven, racers can quickly alert other cars when they are approaching fast. Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.

The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is engineered for use with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3, which will be available on Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) and as a download on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America on April 17 and in Europe on March 28. The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is also compatible with Gran Turismo™3 and Gran Turismo™4 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Thanks for the info amar. It looks like they copied Ferrari's manettino dial. It's not a pretty wheel though. I think it's a shame that they haven't carried over the H-pattern shift and clutch from the G25. For a wheel that is made to accompany GT5, a game that will strive on realism, it seems like a dubious omission.

I think it's a shame that they haven't carried over the H-pattern shift and clutch from the G25. For a wheel that is made to accompany GT5, a game that will strive on realism, it seems like a dubious omission.

I agree ....especially since this comment is used to help describe the wheel " Logitech’s latest racing wheel was meticulously designed by Logitech and Polyphony Digital, Inc."

I think it's a shame that they haven't carried over the H-pattern shift and clutch from the G25.

A big shame, so I will stick to my G25, but I want brake bias and dampener setting control.... and a Horn :(

Oh well, I just hope PD still will fully support clutch and H gate functions for GT5!

No H-pattern is a travesty! I mean who the hell cares about adjusting TCS on the fly? I was gonna hold out for PS3, GT5 & proper GT licenced wheel (with clutch and h-pattern) anyway so I may just have to bide my time and make do with using my old DFP......my cousins Ps3.....and GT5P when it hits Oz (mopefully late March)

OMG :ill:
no H shift (hence no need in clutch pedal).
and it just looks like a re-designed DFP.

I was really looking forward to buying a G25 soon, but now I do not know what to do.

:nervous:

Quite disappointing really. Looks like it's been 'built to a price'.

Then again, now my G25 looks like a good investment. I can always remap the 'D' pad and L/R buttons on the shifter assembly to perform all the new 'real-time' adjustments.

Seems to me it's more of a Driving Force Pro replacement than a G25 successor.

That is just F.U.G.L.Y. :yuck:
Well that being said, its a good thing I got a G25 now.... :D But WTH? 410 euros for the GT5P PS3 bundle? No way I'm gonna pay for that!!!! Its just plain crazy and expensive to buy (although I do get a feeling it would be cheaper here) So like yeah, its not probably gonna be a G25 replacement, rather its just an upgrade from the DFP for all I know.......

the Driving Force GT features an illuminated horn button with the official Gran Turismo logo. Using the authentic sounds of the car being driven, racers can quickly alert other cars when they are approaching fast. Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.

Does that mean there will not be any comms in GT5 ?:grumpy:

I think i'll stck with DFP and keep saving for the G25

Ugly machine. My G25 only lacks buttons on the wheel and I am happy with it at all. Is mechanics in steering feedback upgraded from G25 or is it completely DFP inside?

So, now the owners of a G25 and a DFP, how can we horn, or change the break preassure or traction control?

This means we will not be able to modify the settings during a race?

hahahaha HORN! :lol: what a gimmic although maybe useful in a now online world!

Looks a bit rubbish TBH, that red plastic bit looks :yuck: They are trying to mimic Ferrari or other supercar style wheels with lots of switches and dials but it s not come off well here..:ill:

Plus no H shift! or side mounting shift thingy.... oh dear FAIL!

Designed by Polyphony... maybe they look inspiration from the GTR wheel but its all gone wrong...

That Porshe wheel is probably going to be very popular now!

Robin

Does that mean the G25 is dead now.

Yet another wheel to buy.
I don't know why you said that, I think it's not dead... now it's just at the underground scene :sly:

For the real-time settings... maybe as a mate has said, it could be possible to just use 3 botons from the D pad of the G25 to manage it. Well, okey.. there's a 4th boton for the horn but that's anything we'd already on other GTs so it for sure works with any boton of the D pad or anything else. But looking at the picture seems to be that they do not use only 3 botons for that, there's the red selector, a "enter" boton inside, two botons at left to set up or down each value maybe... and between them there's a black little boton.. it could be the horn or the horn could be the logo so that little black boton is another boton for the real-time config.

Well.. I don't have any wheel for GT, I always have drivin with analog joystics, but I've been thinking about buy a wheel recently. So, I think that it'll wait until GT5P arrives and I check those real-time settings with the G25 of a friend to see if I miss something of if it's fully accesible thorugh it's D Panel. Anyway... for those who play with joystic those things should be accesibl thorugh the pause menu, or the select boton or anything... so I think it could be done with all the wheels then :)

Are they going to put on the cross, square, circle etc and also the PS button icons on because right now it looks stupid without them...

The horn is the GT logo and it glows white apple latop style, rather naff on the steering wheel!

Robin

It does look pretty sweet. I have a hankering to get a wheel and a seat, I'm not bad at GT, but looking at the replays for the guys that have top times, I can't see me being able to get up there without the kind of control that a wheel and pedals and a proper stick can offer. I had a wheel for GT2 and made a seat to go with, it were great! Only problem is I'm trying to save for a decent HDTV as well, and I'm not made of money!

Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.[/B]

I can already see how annoying this is gonna be when wreck-less drivers start honking throughout the entire race to annoy real racers even more!

Back