New official GT5:P & GT5 Wheel by Logitech and PD + GT5:P release dates confirmation

• Thread starter amar212
  • 190 comments
Hopefully the larger wheel means it will have internals closer in spec to the G25 than the DFP. If it's a single-motor setup with huge internal resistance, it will be most disappointing. I'm optimistic that they've learned their lesson about gearing multi-rotation wheels.

The pedals should be fine, they'll be the later revision of the DFP with the larger pots. Improved resistance on the brake would be nice, but it's nothing we can't tweak ourselves.

Don't think i'll bother with it though, a G25 is enough for me.

Who is going to seriously adjust their brake balance and traction during a race, OK its realistic but this is a computer game and Im sorry only seriously sad people would be changing these setting every 5 minutes throughout a race on a console!

...Its like adding the horn! why don't you go the whole hog and add an AIRBAG! :lol:

ITS NOT REAL PEOPLE! :scared:

They have taken away everything people liked (clutch, H shift, separate side console, leather) and given stuff no one really cares about!

Robin

I know there is no H shifter, the guys wanted to make a cheaper wheel so that players can buy it. Not everyone here can afford a G25, and i think this is a Great wheel. It looks great too :) . HORN and setting buttons on the wheel will really enhance the experience :)

I have a G25 and i wont be buying this wheel. I would have to use the G25 and the SIXAXIS controller in order to play GT5. I will assign some buttons on the sixaxis for the setting buttons and horn.

but i think PD and Logitech should work on a G25 GT5 Version wheel as well. adding more buttons to the wheel.

either way you go, you cant go wrong with it :)

Who is going to seriously adjust their brake balance and traction during a race, OK its realistic but this is a computer game and Im sorry only seriously sad people would be changing these setting every 5 minutes throughout a race on a console!

Robin

Now what if GT5 has changing track conditions?

Something to seriously think about

Now what if GT5 has changing track conditions?

Something to seriously think about

Good point, maybe this is a hint to that being a feature in GT5, people have been wanting active weather since before GT4... However if PD fail to deliver on this then I still think these wheel controls are pointless...

Even if there is weather there is still no reason for the wheel to remove key things people liked, if they had added all these new things to what was already on a G25 I would be happy... they are just balancing the costs, take some out, put some in...

Robin

Good point, maybe this is a hint to that being a feature in GT5, people have been wanting active weather since before GT4... However if PD fail to deliver on this then I still think these wheel controls are pointless...

Even if there is weather there is still no reason for the wheel to remove key things people liked, if they had added all these new things to what was already on a G25 I would be happy... they are just balancing the costs, take some out, put some in...

Robin

i bet you can assign those buttons into a SIXAXIS controller. if not good luck then to US G25 owners when the rain catches us in the middle of the race. lol

i started a new thread, but i guess my query is more relevant here:

Before i found out about this wheel, i was keen on the G25. now after finding out about the lack of a clutch pedal on the DF GT, im again leaning towards the G25

am i better off getting the new DF GT despite the lack of a clutch pedal...after all it costs ($150) half that of the G25 ($299)?

i have the microsoft racing wheel for forza motorsport 2 (i hope its not against the rules talking about it here lol)...and while it works well and the FFB is great, the lack of a clutch pedal made the manual driving experience kinda suck

theres still a few weeks for GT5P to release, so what do you guys think....G25 or DF GT?

peace

yes :), i think FFBs will be updated as well and a lot smoother.

So guys, Since this wheel will be coming along with GT5P, I think that there will be a new update with the G25 wheel once full GT5 comes out.

i started a new thread, but i guess my query is more relevant here:

Before i found out about this wheel, i was keen on the G25. now after finding out about the lack of a clutch pedal on the DF GT, im again leaning towards the G25

am i better off getting the new DF GT despite the lack of a clutch pedal...after all it costs ($150) half that of the G25 ($299)?

i have the microsoft racing wheel for forza motorsport 2 (i hope its not against the rules talking about it here lol)...and while it works well and the FFB is great, the lack of a clutch pedal made the manual driving experience kinda suck

theres still a few weeks for GT5P to release, so what do you guys think....G25 or DF GT?

peace

Yeah, I´m kind of in that market aswell. DF GT or G25? My DFP brakepedal is a moron these days, and has decided to be applied at all times, no matter what, so I really need a new wheel.
Now, I´m thinking ahead aswell, about GT5, and what wheel would be best suited to meet future demands. At the same time, I want a wheel as soon as possible, for GT5P. So, DF GT or G25??

It will be interesting to see if the feedback of this new wheel is similar to the G25, rather than the DFP. That was the one big difference that I really appreciated when I switched over to the G25 after using the DFP for a very long time. I'm not really into drifting but I could never really drift with the DFP, and I can with the G25. The feedback just feels much more natural, it pulls back to center much more realistically, rather than fighting you on large counter steer moves like the DFP does. Hope this new wheel will be similar, could be good fun 👍

smth is going wrong...
does G25 has it's future with GT5P (and full GT5 later)?
I gave a look to a Logitech website and it says DF GT fully supports GT5P. But why dont they say G25 also supports GT5P???
Is it possible that Logitech people want the G25 wheel be aside of GT series.
Or is that just a matter of price (and GT brand as well), 150 usd and 250?
I don't care 100 bucks if I can have H-shifter and clutch pedal.
Maybe it sounds naive but I wonder if Logitech can suspend clutch+H compatability for the future US/EU GT5P or GT5 :scared:

that's a mess :guilty:

smth is going wrong...
does G25 has it's future with GT5P (and full GT5 later)?
I gave a look to a Logitech website and it says DF GT fully supports GT5P. But why dont they say G25 also supports GT5P???
Is it possible that Logitech people want the G25 wheel be aside of GT series.
Or is that just a matter of price (and GT brand as well), 150 usd and 250?
I don't care 100 bucks if I can have H-shifter and clutch pedal.
Maybe it sounds naive but I wonder if Logitech can suspend clutch+H compatability for the future US/EU GT5P or GT5 :scared:

that's a mess :guilty:

No worries :) Read the last bullet in the item description for GT5p:

http://www.us.playstation.com/granturismo/products_gt5_home.asp

"Take Control -- Fully compatible with the new DualShock 3 controller, as well as Logitech®'s Driving ForceTM, Driving ForceTM EX, Driving ForceTM Pro, and G25 Racing Wheel controllers."

I think it would be cool if it could simulate torque steer and stuff like that. But keep in mind this isnt the official wheel for GT5, its the official wheel for prologue. Im pretty sure they will release a G25 variant just for GT5 once its out.

actually...it says its the official racing wheel of gran turismo, not just GT5P...i dont think they'll release entirely different wheels for GT5P and GT5

Anyone else notice that it looks like the DFP "block shifters" seem to be gone? In their place are large buttons on top of the cross of the wheel?

EEW

Boy, they're really breaking the threshold of ingenuity on this one.

And it even has a cute GT horn...oh how sweet. My daughter's eyes lit up when I told here that the GT logo is a horn.

PD & Logitech have a year to make it right.

Hmm well to me it seems the new DFP is just the successor of the old DFP, the pedals look almost the same, yeah the steering wheel has changed a littlebit but thats mostly because you need a ps button on the new wheel, to get out of the game. Brake bias adjusting is a really cool feature, but I am sure it will be possible to change the mapping of the buttons. For example on the g25 the right red button on the wheel isn't used by default ( at least it's like this in gt5p). So maybe we can just map the brake bias on that button, so it will be positioned somehow like the new wheel (in easy reach for the driver during a severe battle).
My guess is Sony needed a wheel which provides fun at an affordable price. The g25 with it's h-pattern shift and the clutch is truly in a class of it's own. So we, owners of a g25, I think can be really happy of being able to afford one of this great wheels, but not everybody is so fanatic about racing like we are :-). So the g25 is surely not dead and will be around with us for several years I think, at least I hope so

We can always let them know just what "we" think.

Americas Headquarters
6505 Kaiser Dr.
Fremont, CA 94555 USA
+1 510-795-8500

I've already called.

I really don't think that real-config. should be a problem, since it should be accesible through the Dual Shock 3 for normal gamers.. it's just then a menu or anything like that accesible for example through the SELECT button o anything like that, so just using 1 single button from the D Pad of the G25 it's for sure accesible for the G25 too.

And yeah, on GRAN TURISMO 5 there will be weather changes & damage for sure because they are two of the 4 or 5 things Yamauchi confirmed on a french magazine time ago.

Hey dudes, GT5P recognizes the clutch or you can switch gears without push it? And it recognize gears on H or just on sequential?. I really don't know, I've just used the G25 on PC.

Anyone else notice that it looks like the DFP "block shifters" seem to be gone? In their place are large buttons on top of the cross of the wheel?

Those are the L2 & R2 buttons, I'm sure paddle shifters similar to those on the DFP are still on the back side.

Im really surprised by all the hating going on for this wheel.

I think everyone just wanted a G25 with a playstaion button and a gt logo

I dont think its ugly at all. The only steering wheels I have ever thought were pretty were the ones with the prancing horse on them.

anyway I just want to voice my support for the wheel and keep up the good work PD and Logitech! dont let these haters get you down!

Just when we thought the Boomerang controller looked horrid! I have more of an issue with the pedals. Wish they had gone G25 style with this.

And yeah, on GRAN TURISMO 5 there will be weather changes & damage for sure because they are two of the 4 or 5 things Yamauchi confirmed on a french magazine time ago.

Nothing is confirmed till the game is finished. Online for GT4 was 'confirmed' also. However weather is certainly something they are looking at, but I suspect it will be all down to wether they can achieve it without a major frame rate hit. If we get races with rain I bet its only 6 cars max.

One thing I remember reading about years ago though in new scientist was a patent application from SCE for displaying realtime weather in a game using real world weather data pulled from the internet. Well that data is already in prologue for all tracks...

I dont think its ugly at all.

anyway I just want to voice my support for the wheel and keep up the good work PD and Logitech! dont let these haters get you down!

This is the same mentality that has allowed EA to continually do what they do year after year.

This wheel and what EA does are comparable to a Mr. Potato Head.

Don't paint your car, put wheels and a body kit on it and tell me it's a "new car".

Nothing is confirmed till the game is finished. Online for GT4 was 'confirmed' also.
And they DID it, unfortunately the services ended three months later but at least six drivers from the JGTC league in Japan, were driving with 5.000 normal GRAN TURISMO 4 players on online racers of six cars per circuit.

About the GT25, I also readed it. It's was just a... "rumor"? (I don't know really how to call it.. it was anounced by IGN and I think that wikipedia too) about a "next GT official wheel". They said it'll be the Logitech G25 but officially for the GT series, so GT logo and so on. Anyway, I couldn't find more about that weeks after. I think it was supossed to be launched on December on Japan with the GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE, but it never was done as I know.

why would logitech launch a wheel with no h gate shifting when the game supports it? why?! Each GT was better than the previous one in all the categories but they expect people to still play with the sequential mode, even though they already have the technology for h-gate shifting.

I think it's also worth noting that this wheel isn't of the Logitech G series. Hopefully they'll release one that is, and it will be to the G25 what this wheel is to the DFP. I really dig the controls on the wheel, but I like the feel of the G25 wheel more than I did the DFP, especially the metal paddles. And if they don't release a better wheel, then you can bet your sweet @ss that I'll be looking into making this wheel work with the G25 shifter and pedals. Maybe cut out the sequential shifter on the wheel base and make a drink holder...hah!

I think everyone just wanted a G25 with a playstaion button and a gt logo

I dont think its ugly at all.
I agree. Some people are just strange. I bet if there was an H shifter on it. every post would do a 180. :sly:

Back