How can I update to GT5 prologue spec II?

• Thread starter DMC_S2000
  • 14 comments
I just got my PS3 and GT5 prologue few days ago and I also have been figuring it out on how can I update my GT5 prologue to GT5 prologue spec II and the GT5 prologue that i have is a japanese version while I live in California USA...I can't understand all the text in my GT5 prologue and can't seem to find where to update if it is in the news page or GT TV page with clicking all things there...does anyone knows how can I update it? any help will be appreciated...

I also have been figuring it out on how can I update my GT5 prologue to GT5 prologue spec II

you just have to be connected to the internet with your ps3 (firmware 2.17) and the "spec II" starts automatically on game launch.

you'll get this screen showing update is undergoing.

it will take some time to perform though, a lot of time actually. :D

once the update is done you'll see "spec II" appearing in the online mode's left top corner and your Manual will be updated to version 2.0.

And don't worry if the spec II update doesn't complete first time... It took me about 4 attempts.

you just have to be connected to the internet with your ps3 (firmware 2.17)

I just wanted to ask if the firmware that you were saying is also the System Software?....I checked my at the system information and my system software is in version 2.20...if not, were can I find the firmware that you were saying?

2.20 is just fine, they call their firmwares "system software" because it sounds cool. :D

I think 2.16 is the minimum, this version was bundled with the PAL copy.

you're okay with version 2.20, do not bother with this! ;)

PAL version here.

tried this auto update fun for 4 times already, it times out at different stages of the download process, there is no resume either, so each time it tries to update from 0; I'm guessing the download server is in JPN?

PAL version here.

tried this auto update fun for 4 times already, it times out at different stages of the download process, there is no resume either, so each time it tries to update from 0; I'm guessing the download server is in JPN?

I processed the (Japanese) update on March 28, it took me 4 times to succeed as well. I guess the Japanese and PAL Spec II updates are almost the same.

I'm not sure there is a resume function since my download progress bar restarted from zero each time. :ill:
some people using the PAL game reported to enter the News mode to resume a failed download, but I'm not sure about that!

Yes the server is probably located in Japan and the game is a best seller... that makes really long downloads.

you have to be patient guys, Spec II takes forever to download but it's worthy. :)

Okay, I couldn't find this information anywhere else and this thread looked to be as good as any to ask...am I able to update my version of GT5p to Spec II without having my PS3 connected to the Internet?

I was able to update the firmware by downloading it and transferring it, I was hoping I could do the same with the Spec II update?

Also, I've already got a pretty decent game save going, would a Spec II update wipe that?

Cheers :)

I don't think its against the AUP to bump, I'm just keen to find an answer to my question...anyone got any info? The playstation site doesn't seem to have anything?

hmm this is funny
i have a chinese version of GT5
it is connected to internet as i can play it online
but when i start the game i have no notice of it saying that it's going to download the patch or what so ever.

anyone have any idea around this?
o and i am located in canada if this do anything

am I able to update my version of GT5p to Spec II without having my PS3 connected to the Internet?

no.

I was able to update the firmware by downloading it and transferring it, I was hoping I could do the same with the Spec II update?

you can't.

Also, I've already got a pretty decent game save going, would a Spec II update wipe that?

no, only your Key Assign (and QTS if you are on 2.0) will reset.

i have a chinese version of GT5
it is connected to internet as i can play it online
but when i start the game i have no notice of it saying that it's going to download the patch or what so ever.

dunno, apparently it has been confirmed Spec II update is available for your version (South East Asian version) as well. it has nothing to do with your location, i have updated my japanese version while being pretty far from it. check your PS3's HDD space to make some room for the update, just in case.

maybe there is no update for the SEA version yet after all.

Back