• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Welcome to the discussion thread for the Official GTP PSN Registry. 👍

This discussion thread is for all things related to the Official GTP PSN Registry.

The Official GTP PSN Registry:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115424
If you have any questions that you would like to ask relating to the Official GTP PSN Registry, then this is the place to do it. 👍👍

Please do not go off topic. 👍

Sphinx.

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have the downloaded version of GT5P?:

Just to be clear, anybody that has downloaded the game will not be able to change his PSN ID. You can create a new PSN account yes, but GT5P will not run from it. It only runs from the account your bought and downloaded the game from.

UPDATE:
It is now possible to use your download version of GT5P on more than one PSN ID account. 👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea,

It is very cool to race to other GTP_ name carriers.👍

And it is easy to change your PSN,
Make a new account and copy your GT5P gamedata from your current PSN name to your GTP_name.

See you all on the track.

:cheers:

I'd heard before that on GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE you can choice a different name for the online mode, so could I choose a ID only for this game into any online setting? (I've not tested my game online yet to know it) or I've to do another PSN account?. I've never done many PSN accounts and have a second account could mean that all the records, replays and so on, will appear with the GTP_MyName for example... so that it could be a bit bad.

Even after 10 years playing GRAN TURISMO since the first one, I'm afraid I won't be a super-star driving and I could do many errors, so I'm afraid about what carry the site's ID could mean and what any other would expect from any who carry it.

A.- I'd heard before that on GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE you can choice a different name for the online mode, so could I choose a ID only for this game into any online setting? (I've not tested my game online yet to know it) or I've to do another PSN account?

I'm not aware of such a feature in GT5P. Perhaps someone knows differently?

B.- There are a few teams that already use "GTP" followed by another letters to, maybe it'll be a bit confusing. Wouldn't be better anything like GTPNET or GTPLANET?

If so, then I guess they will soon have a problem. :sly:

C.- This is just to know that the user who have the GT Planet uses this site, or it envolves more than that and the users that have the site name on the ID are part from a special team or follow 100% the conduct code that could be on this site?.

If I follow you correctly. It will be for both.

Even after 10 years playing GRAN TURISMO since the first one, I'm afraid I won't be a super-star driving and I could do many errors, so I'm afraid about what carry the site's ID could mean and what any other would expect from any who carry it.

We all make errors, my friend. 👍

Thanks for the answers Sphinx, I modified a bit the post before because I found some interesting things on the other one but so many thanks for your support :)

For example lets think I make my own GTP_CRAZYNAME, and then I play my whole GT5: P with it. Then for example I think that if I do some records online on Time Trial they will appear with the GTP_CRAZYNAME, I'm right?. OK, so my doubt is the next one: If I get that GTP_CRAZYNAME's saved data and then put it on my other account (the main account of my Playstation 3, let's say one with an ID only as CRAZYNAME, so that without the "GTP_" I mean), those records will still appears as by "GTP_CRAZYNAME" or under "CRAZYNAME" ID?

I don't know if I've explained my doubt properly, but to make it a bit more clear: I'm asking if the save data saves the ID too, or if you put then with another ID, they refresh it's own ID on the records and so on. This is a questions that some of you could have, because 90% of you who is thinking about do the "GTP_" would like to continue the save data, so you would like to know if your previously records will be displayed now with the new ID, or with the old one. I'm asking that thing, but on reverse... chaging back from GTP_ one to non GTP_. In fact, many of you could even drive on different teams or web sites (a team like GTP_, and then a team between friends called for example GTPX- or anything like that) using the same save data, so this is an important doubt.

Jesus christ Sphinx, I think that only with my doubts this thread is starting to be usefull for me at least, hahaha

Look for GTP_Esoterik out on the track tomorrow, guys!

Great job, Sphinx.

I look forward to getting worked by all of you.

;)

Thanks for the answers Sphinx, I modified a bit the post before because I found some interesting things on the other one but so many thanks for your support :)

For example lets think I make my own GTP_CRAZYNAME, and then I play my whole GT5: P with it. Then for example I think that if I do some records online on Time Trial they will appear with the GTP_CRAZYNAME, I'm right?. OK, so my doubt is the next one: If I get that GTP_CRAZYNAME's saved data and then put it on my other account (the main account of my Playstation 3, let's say one with an ID only as CRAZYNAME, so that without the "GTP_" I mean), those records will still appears as by "GTP_CRAZYNAME" or under "CRAZYNAME" ID?

I don't know if I've explained my doubt properly, but to make it a bit more clear: I'm asking if the save data saves the ID too, or if you put then with another ID, they refresh it's own ID on the records and so on. This is a questions that some of you could have, because 90% of you who is thinking about do the "GTP_" would like to continue the save data, so you would like to know if your previously records will be displayed now with the new ID, or with the old one. I'm asking that thing, but on reverse... chaging back from GTP_ one to non GTP_. In fact, many of you could even drive on different teams or web sites (a team like GTP_, and then a team between friends called for example GTPX- or anything like that) using the same save data, so this is an important doubt.

Jesus christ Sphinx, I think that only with my doubts this thread is starting to be usefull for me at least, hahaha

If you log on to PSN using your GTP_CRAZYNAME account, then whatever record you gain on Time Trial will be under that name, and that name alone. 👍

PD, I'm sure, will from time to time keep deleting the database, like they did the other day. Therefore any records you may acquire will be lost anyway, but that's for a different discussion.

And apart of the Trial Mode and so on (internet records), the name appears on other places or other logs?, I mean... for example when I won the gold cups they didn't appears with names, but I don't know if I for example pass all the game on gold with the GTP_CRAZYNAME and then for example make a copy to my main CRAZYNAME account, it'll appear with the GTP_CRAZYNAME or what. I just don't know until which point, the save data is personalized. Any of you who have used save data from other guys in this forum, saw his name on any part or online or logged thing?

That, and the fact about commit errors with a point of the conduct code, are my two doubts about being a GTP_ member, because my english isn't the best and I'm afraid about not understand a conduct code english rule, or just not being as professional as the GTP_ name could require (I watch F1 but I'm not with the knowledge of chaing drivin' lines and so on). But for the rest, I love the idea too, I've just to clear my two doubts. Thanks for this idea Sphinx 👍

One question, and one idea:

QUESTION: what are the stars at the list of the GTP_ members, the stars that appears on the left of each name.

IDEA: wouldn't be better an alphabetic order list?, because now it's done on order of joined ones, but maybe on alphabetic order could make the things even more clear to watch any particular ID or so.

Welcome to the discussion thread for the Official GTP PSN Registry. 👍

This discussion thread is for all things related to the Official GTP PSN Registry.

The Official GTP PSN Registry:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105367

If you have any questions that you would like to ask relating to the Official GTP PSN Registry, then this is the place to do it. 👍👍

Please do not go off topic. 👍

Sphinx.

FAQ to follow:

Nice to see GTP finally did something regarding the use of tags.

2 things I think you guys should included as part of the registration:

A) Anyone who register for the the use of the GTP tag should also include the region version of the game they have. Due to online multi player region locking, this would be useful for planning of any online events and a good way for other GTP member to find out who got the same region version as them.

B) There is NO provision in the "terms & conditions" to help your site to disassociate yourself from potential GTP tag troll user. May be a statement/disclaimer along the line of the following as part of the "terms & conditions:" would help:

"While GTP have a specific code of conduct for appropriate online gaming behavior for our authorized "GTP" tag users to follow, we however have no control of any usage of the "GTP" tag by any person who owns a copy of the software and participate in online events. As such, all "GTP" tagged players who participate in any public or private online events should not by default be considered as an authorized "GTP" tag user, and GTP will in no way be responsible for any misconduct by anyone that uses a "GTP" tag if their player name does not appeared in our authorized "GTP" tag user list."

One question, and one idea:

QUESTION: what are the stars at the list of the GTP_ members, the stars that appears on the left of each name.

IDEA: wouldn't be better an alphabetic order list?, because now it's done on order of joined ones, but maybe on alphabetic order could make the things even more clear to watch any particular ID or so.

The "stars" you see are being put in place just incase there is a need for a possible strike rule in the future. Nothing has been discussed in this area. It's simply just easier for me to add them now as I add the new names to the register. Be prepared, I say. :sly:

The register will soon be listed in alphabetical order. 👍

Nice to see GTP finally did something regarding the use of tags.

2 things I think you guys should included as part of the registration:

A) Anyone who register for the the use of the GTP tag should also include the region version of the game they have. Due to online multi player region locking, this would be useful for planning of any online events and a good way for other GTP member to find out who got the same region version as them.

B) There is NO provision in the "terms & conditions" to help your site to disassociate yourself from potential GTP tag troll user. May be a statement/disclaimer along the line of the following as part of the "terms & conditions:" would help:

"While GTP have a specific code of conduct for appropriate online gaming behavior for our authorized "GTP" tag users to follow, we however have no control of any usage of the "GTP" tag by any person who owns a copy of the software and participate in online events. As such, all "GTP" tagged players who participate in any public or private online events should not by default be considered as an authorized "GTP" tag user, and GTP will in no way be responsible for any misconduct by anyone that uses a "GTP" tag if their player name does not appeared in our authorized "GTP" tag user list."

Thank you for your comments, RP. 👍👍

I am in full agreement, and will apply your suggestions as soon as possible. 👍

Thank you again.

Everyone better look out for GTP_RandyMorgan :D Doh... I was supposed to use my GTPlanet Name ranhammerR34! :ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::dunce::dunce::dunce: Is NTSC/North America version of the game btw...

How do I tell from the list which region someone is from? At the moment I can only race with those from the United States, so it makes sense (friends limit of 50) for me just to add just those from the US to the friends list of my GTP PSN name

How do I tell from the list which region someone is from? At the moment I can only race with those from the United States, so it makes sense (friends limit of 50) for me just to add just those from the US to the friends list of my GTP PSN name

Thank you for your comments, RP. 👍👍

I am in full agreement, and will apply your suggestions as soon as possible. 👍

I am in the process of doing just that. You should really read the thread before posting, Earth. :dopey:

This isn't just a list of PSN ID's for the sole purpose of adding to your contacts, it's a registry of those who are eligible to race in GTP approved race events in the future. It's simple, if you're not on the registry, you won't be racing here. 👍

So, I already have a PSN Account with the name "Speedster502" so how do you actually find where to change it? Or do I have to create a completely new PSN account?

So, I already have a PSN Account with the name "Speedster502" so how do you actually find where to change it? Or do I have to create a completely new PSN account?

You will have to create a new account, and then copy your current game save over to the new account. It doesn't take long and it's not too difficult to do. 👍

Give us a shout if you have any problems. 👍👍

You will have to create a new account, and then copy your current game save over to the new account. It doesn't take long and it's not too difficult to do. 👍

Give us a shout if you have any problems. 👍👍

Okay, that isn't too hard then seeming I did it for my brother before.

When you're talking about a new PSN account, you're talking about a "sub-account"?. I've not a PS3 yet (I'm playing my GT5: P copy on my friend's PS3), but what I've heard is that there's only one admin-account, and that "admin-account" is able to create 10 "sub-accounts" like for his family and so on. Because have two "admin-account" on a PS3 as far as I know is illegal. Am I right or I'm with wrong info?

Because it's my friend's PS3, I can't do any change on it so I'm not able to check that (due to that I also asked a few post before that thing between the save data on accounts... because I can't do this on my friend's PS3 until I buy my own one the next week).

When you're talking about a new PSN account, you're talking about a "sub-account"?. I've not a PS3 yet (I'm playing my GT5: P copy on my friend's PS3), but what I've heard is that there's only one admin-account, and that "admin-account" is able to create 10 "sub-accounts" like for his family and so on. Because have two "admin-account" on a PS3 as far as I know is illegal. Am I right or I'm with wrong info?

Because it's my friend's PS3, I can't do any change on it so I'm not able to check that (due to that I also asked a few post before that thing between the save data on accounts... because I can't do this on my friend's PS3 until I buy my own one the next week).

No. You can set up two Admin Accounts. The rest are as you say, Sub-Accounts. this is not illegal in any sense of the word.

No. You can set up two Admin Accounts. The rest are as you say, Sub-Accounts. this is not illegal in any sense of the work.
And are the sub-accounts able to have their own ID different from their admin one?. I just don't know what would be better to make my own GTP_ account...: one admin-account one, or one sub-account one.

And are the sub-accounts able to have their own ID different from their admin one?. I just don't know what would be better to make my own GTP_ account...: one admin-account one, or one sub-account one.

Yes you can have any ID you like on any account. You just can't change the ID once it has been created.

Not 100% sure but I think you can only put billing information onto a master (admin) account.

I now have 4 admin accounts.
2 for the UK
1 US and 1 for JPN

Ah ok, so as I see the best method would be to have a main account for the PS3 and then a sub-account with a different ID (adding the GTP_ before) for the GTPLANET team, just to don't be puting two times the same adress.

Yeah I know that many people have admin accounts for other countries where they don't live, but that's totally illegal as Sony said in Spain if you don't live on that other countries.. but anyway.. who care when it was all about to get the GT5P before the others :sly:

Thanx JASE72 for your help, didn't know that the sub-accounts could have their own ID different from the admin one.

Are they doing the same on gtrp?
I raced against a german yesterday who had gtrp_ infront of his name.

Are they doing the same on gtrp?
I raced against a german yesterday who had gtrp_ infront of his name.

I raced against several GTRP members yesterday, they seem to be doing the same thing. Which is good really as I think we can generally say the majority of them are good, clean drivers.

ok, how do i move my saved game from my original accout to the one i create. i'd like all the work i did under roadrunner383 to go to my new one, GTP_CudaDude.

b

Go to your original account, then go to save data utility find your GT5P save, press triangle select copy , select your new account, hit X ..job done

Latest Posts

Back