GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
I find this is a great idea, I'm personally getting quite bogged down with the Black List requests therefore seeing GTP approved drivers at a glance would be useful indeed. Initially I wanted to limit activity on the Black List when Private Lobbies are formed but with this I may be able to close it sooner since having a white/black list would no longer be necessary from this.

I'm going to create a sub account solely for GT5 racing - GTP_PatchySan, while keeping the original PatchySan name for other games such as COD4 for example.

Yes, eventually.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2981167&postcount=21

You should visit the whole thread. I really do try to keep updates posted in there.

I've checked out your thread before, but I haven't checked back in a week or so. Thanks for that. Looks like some good new additions. See you online in Pain.

When I race with the GTP tag, I strictly follow the rules laid down in the in the online code of conduct. I often forfeit a race if I have caused (or i have a sneaking suspicion I might of caused) some guy to crash off the track.

Good man. 👍

;)

I think that this is a great idea. For the current GT5P status (no private rooms & races) it will be much easier to track GTP members, and in the future when those features will be available then it will be easier to create communities, private leagues etc.

Questions:
1) I'm not yet owner of a PS3 (and obviously nor GT5P) - so can I already register myself with my future-planned user name or shall I wait until I will have it and register with it first?
2) Is this registration process will be open always or you planning to close it from new comers sometime in the future?

Questions:
1) I'm not yet owner of a PS3 (and obviously nor GT5P) - so can I already register myself with my future-planned user name or shall I wait until I will have it and register with it first?

I would wait until you have the PS3. 👍

2) Is this registration process will be open always or you planning to close it from new comers sometime in the future?

This will remain open for a very very long time. :)

You know, the more I think about it the more I believe this is just a horrible idea. People should use the exact same name in every game they play, so you can recognise people you know in other games. Plus the friends I have for GT games will not be the same as for other games, or I would have to expect them to add me twice. I vote this whole idea be terminated, it's asking too much for too little.

You know, the more I think about it the more I believe this is just a horrible idea. People should use the exact same name in every game they play, so you can recognise people you know in other games. Plus the friends I have for GT games will not be the same as for other games, or I would have to expect them to add me twice. I vote this whole idea be terminated, it's asking too much for too little.

Nobody is making you do it.

You don't have to sign up for this.

Keep one username across all games, if that pleases you. Personally, I want a separate PSN ID for Gran Turismo (as well as all other PS3 racing games), as it lets me focus the whole profile on racing, and keeps my other persona for all other types of games. My friends who I race with are all on my GTP_Esoterik profile. The friends I play other games with are on the other "Main" profile. Most of my friends on the main profile don't play racing games, and thus know me by "Esoterik1". The rest know my racing persona "GTP_Esoterik". This is similar to how some bands dress up on stage (wear makeup to hide their faces, etc...), as it keeps their "off stage" life separate, and somewhat enigmatic to those who aren't close with said members.

Therefore....

It makes perfect sense, if it works for you. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it, simple as that.

;)

Well I just registered to be part of the GTP Registry. However, I just started prologue with my new ID, and just found out that none of my information from my original PSN id has been transferred to the new account. I created a sub-account on the PSN. Is there a way to transfer the game data from my normal PSN id (Gottcha), to my new GTP PSN ID (GTP_RacingFreak)???

I hope there is, otherwise, I'll have to beat the game twice since I'm about halfway through the US version of GT5p.

EDIT: Sorry for creating this thread. I just found that I was able to copy my original game save data to my secondary account. Sorry. Please delete this thread.

Hi all

i would like to join this as I think this is a great idea to get all the experience and clean racers together under one roof

I have some experience in sim racing (GTR2 specifically) and joined couple of leagues as well

unfortunately I cant do pms yet, but i would like to register

let me knwo what i have to do

Tom

I'm coming more towards this view. I'd much rather keep my existing user name than create a new one just to add GTP_ to it. I understand why it's a good idea of course, it makes it easy to spot GTP members. I'd just personally prefer to be able to sign up and keep my existing name.

For day to day racing at the moment I won't be signing up for this - until we get private races I don't see a massive benefit. On the other hand, I think it's absolutely vital once we can have GTP races, and then in the future (hopefully!) races against other sites/groups - and that's probably when I'll create a new account so that I can take part in those events.

I created and got added to the registry last night, this weekend when I get some time I will send out friend requests to all in the main post.

GTP_Twan

It's interesting to see how frequently we (GTP members) meet online before private lobbies...

:cheers:

GTP_finbaek

I'm coming more towards this view. I'd much rather keep my existing user name than create a new one just to add GTP_ to it. I understand why it's a good idea of course, it makes it easy to spot GTP members. I'd just personally prefer to be able to sign up and keep my existing name.

Just remember that the main idea behind registering a GTP username is to allow you to take part in official GTPlanet online events, such as the Weekly Racing Series or other official GTP competitions -it's not just a cosmetic thing to make GTP members easier to spot... You can still play the game as much as you like with your other (main) username...

Just remember that the main idea behind registering a GTP username is to allow you to take part in official GTPlanet online events, such as the Weekly Racing Series or other official GTP competitions -it's not just a cosmetic thing to make GTP members easier to spot... You can still play the game as much as you like with your other (main) username...

You guys have said yourself that having GTP_ in front of a name doesn't automatically make that person a clean racer or from GT Planet even. So with that in mind, why can't we sign up with our current username? If you guys know we are coming to an official GTP race, and we are also on the registry why can't we race with our current username?
Please :bowdown: I hate messing with technology, the less complicated you make it the more enjoyable the experience will always be.

Added bit: One of the reasons you guys did this was to make it so you could have separate friends for racing as opposed to other games (if there's such a thing :sly:), correct? Well all my online friends apart from maybe a couple will all be GTP users nearly anyway.

You can still play the game as much as you like with your other (main) username...
Just remember to copy your save file back and forth between profiles.

Anyway, I registered.

So, for GT5P now my PSN ID will be GTP_FoolKiller.

At first I was thinking nd 4 holden spd, but then I realized how much of my friend's list was already being taken up by GTP members, most of whom I have never played games with, but added specifically for Gran Turismo. So now I have my Gran Turismo only friends and my general gaming friends.

So far on the registry I only see one or two people already on my Friend's List.

EDIT: Any chance of having GTP IDs listed next to the GTP PSN IDs? As they are not required to use their GTP name it may be a bit confusing.

And maybe an option for a GTP PSN under our avatars?

So far on the registry I only see one or two people already on my Friend's List.

Until the region locking goes away it makes sense to only add the members that you can race to your list.

What would be the point, you could see that they are online but you can't race against them. It makes the re-invites a little less daunting I think.

I am going to make the transition myself to GTP_UnoMOTO as my main account. It shouldn’t be too bad since I’ve only had my PS3 for three months.

For day to day racing at the moment I won't be signing up for this - until we get private races I don't see a massive benefit. On the other hand, I think it's absolutely vital once we can have GTP races, and then in the future (hopefully!) races against other sites/groups - and that's probably when I'll create a new account so that I can take part in those events.

Guys, if you don't want to register, then don't. No one is forcing you. 👍

The future of OLR is unknown as we enter this new era of Gran Turismo. We therefore have to second guess what is going to happen, and how things are going to be structured, because organising such a large GTP member base for OLR is a tremendous task. :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Unlike smaller GT sites, we cannot afford to sit idly by and wait for some indication as to how OLR will be structured. If we did, we will be left behind because of the huge amount of organising it takes to get all our interested members organised for racing. 👍👍

With this uncertainty, it’s true that we don’t really know if we need to be so reliant upon GTP_ RacingTags. However, they look damn good, they also look professional, and most importantly they will be there way ahead of time. 👍👍👍

The early bird catches the worm. Yes? 👍

In the meantime there are other good reasons to register now, because there are a number of plans in the pipeline that will be implemented soon. I won’t go into detail because this isn’t the right time or place, but for one example, let’s just say that we also need to be well prepared in the area of leagues / divisions / team placements etc, and therefore need to run some sort of event to establish driving ability if such things are required in the uncertain future of OLR. I think they will be needed, don't you?

Again, the early bird catches the worm...

...He's a clever bird, you know. :sly:

I am going to make the transition myself to GTP_UnoMOTO as my main account. It shouldn’t be too bad since I’ve only had my PS3 for three months.
I just happen to have a lot of non-Gran Turismo friends too.

This isn't a harsh deal, but would have been nicer if this had been implemented about a year ago. But then that's just me being selfish so I won't complain.

Overall I think this is a good idea.

In the meantime there are other good reasons to register now, because there are a number of plans in the pipeline that will be implemented soon. I won’t go into detail because this isn’t the right time or place, but for one example, let’s just say that we also need to be well prepared in the area of leagues / divisions / team placements etc, and therefore need to run some sort of event to establish driving ability if such things are required in the uncertain future of OLR. I think they will be needed, don't you?
This is why I did it. I would like to be associated with a GTP team, even if I am not one of the premier talents.

Now I just have to go beat my FoolKiller79 Leaderboard time so that it will be credited to a GTP member.

I just happen to have a lot of non-Gran Turismo friends too.

LIES....ALL LIES....We are a cult family and you are not allowed to have friends outside of this compound.

edit: happy now...

Well crap, as one of the major tuners in GT4 (I will transfer my skills to GT5), if we are having a GTP team or something I feel obliged to help where I can (give the fast drivers good tunes if they like them) an give GTP a better chance of being the best. I will look into it tomorrow, I'm off to bed now. If this becomes too hard for me to do, I'll either come back here for help or forget about it.

Well crap, as one of the major tuners in GT4 (I will transfer my skills to GT5), if we are having a GTP team or something I feel obliged to help where I can (give the fast drivers good tunes if they like them) an give GTP a better chance of being the best. I will look into it tomorrow, I'm off to bed now. If this becomes too hard for me to do, I'll either come back here for help or forget about it.

Now that's what I like to hear. 👍👍

I'm sure someone here will help you if problems arise. 👍

Welcome to the discussion thread for the Official GTP PSN Registry. 👍

This discussion thread is for all things related to the Official GTP PSN Registry.

The Official GTP PSN Registry:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105367

If you have any questions that you would like to ask relating to the Official GTP PSN Registry, then this is the place to do it. 👍👍

Please do not go off topic. 👍

Sphinx.

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions

How do I create a new PSN ID?:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/friends/signup.html

Hey There, I would like to be added to the registry, but I think my PM status is locked(I'm a rooky to this forum) I would appreciate it if I could be a part of this! Thank you for your time

Sphinx, don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm just not signing up for now ;)

Another reason, for me, is that my online driving is not at a standard where I feel I could carry a GTP tag - as it stands, if I have a moment and take someone out, it only reflects on me. If the same thing happens and I'm carrying a tag, it reflects on GTP too - and I don't want that to happen :)

LIES....ALL LIES....We are a cult family and you are not aloud allowed to have friends outside of this compound.
Sorry, pet peeve

I see no drugs, guns, aliens, Kool-Aid, arranged underage marriages, or anything else that keeps me from wanting to wander into the real world.

Really, the biggest stumping point is having a second email address. And that is pretty easy to get around these days.

After that it is just a matter of copying over a save file and remember to switch accounts to play your already bought PSN games.

And as someone who has made much use of other member's tuning recommendations, your involvement would be most excellent.

Sorry, pet peeve

Silly me, some days my fingers move faster then my brain.

I see no drugs, guns, aliens, Kool-Aid, arranged underage marriages, or anything else that keeps me from wanting to wander into the real world.

And yet you keep coming back for more. Does a person in a cult really know that they are in a cult? 💡

Really, the biggest stumping point is having a second email address. And that is pretty easy to get around these days.

This I didn't understand. Why do you need a second address?

And yet you keep coming back for more. Does a person in a cult really know that they are in a cult? 💡
I would say yes, but then if I were wrong I wouldn't know would I?

This I didn't understand. Why do you need a second address?
Your PSN account login is your email address. I was under the impression that you could not use the same email address for multiple accounts.

Sphinx, don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm just not signing up for now ;)

I didn't take it the wrong way. 👍

Another reason, for me, is that my online driving is not at a standard where I feel I could carry a GTP tag - as it stands, if I have a moment and take someone out, it only reflects on me. If the same thing happens and I'm carrying a tag, it reflects on GTP too - and I don't want that to happen :)

By the sound of it, you are the type of driver we want on our registry. 👍

We all make mistakes. You should see the blunders I've made Online. :guilty:

Your PSN account login is your email address. I was under the impression that you could not use the same email address for multiple accounts.

Right...which is dumb if I set up an account for my son and give him a certain amount of money to use in the store. Would the receipt of purchase go to the email that he logs into or the one that is set up with the master account?

Back