GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
So we absolutely have to make a GTP_Username account to register? :(
There is something I must know, will making the new account (if I have to), copying the save over to it, reset any button configurations/QTS setups?

So we absolutely have to make a GTP_Username account to register? :(
There is something I must know, will making the new account (if I have to), copying the save over to it, reset any button configurations/QTS setups?

It shouldn't, well atleast it hasn't for me.

I see, and sub accounts take up how much space on PS3? Only got 40GB! How do you change accounts while online? Say I'm in nd4holdenspd, how do I change to say, GTP_nd4holdenspd which is undoubtedly what I'd make myself.

i have created a new sub account with my gtp psn login and copied the save, but when i go to play GT5p with this account it says the content cannot be accessed on your account?
what am i doing wrong?
I have the download version, is this the problem?

'To play this content you must be signed in to the PLAYSTATION Network as the owner'

So yes I would expect the downloaded version of the game to be the reason why a second account is unable to access it! I'd have to double check, but I really don't want to have a clan tag in front of my username...Any username in fact...

WARNING

If you have downloaded the game from PSN. DO NOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT YOU USED TO DO SO.

I made this mistake when I had Downloaded Tekken. And then could not play the game.

Just assuming GT5P is the same

WARNING

If you have downloaded the game from PSN. DO NOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT YOU USED TO DO SO.

I made this mistake when I had Downloaded Tekken. And then could not play the game.

Just assuming GT5P is the same

I have not deleted the account i used to download from the PSN i created my GTP PSN as a sub account to that main account, it still does not allow you to use GT5p!
Im gonna buy the hard copy anyway soon, i only downloaded it because of lack of stock on release.

Now, the only thing I'm waiting for is private lobbies and private servers:sly:

Ooh, and damage

I have been searching the many icons for at least an hour and I can not see where I can change my PSN name or create a new account.
Account managment is only for editing it looks to me. Manage Sub Accounts is not highlighted, meaning unavailable.
Can someone please tell where and how for us dummies. Mainly me.

You have to create a new user first.
Then sign up for the PSN. The same as you would have on your fist account

Very odd.

I'm no tech expert by any means.
But try making another master account?

Using another master account is not possible, I had to recreate my original master account on my second PS3 to run it on that.
Im guessing im just gonna have to wait till i get my hard copy.

I have been searching the many icons for at least an hour and I can not see where I can change my PSN name or create a new account.
Account managment is only for editing it looks to me. Manage Sub Accounts is not highlighted, meaning unavailable.
Can someone please tell where and how for us dummies. Mainly me.

It's right above you listed PSN ID's. It's the very first group of tabs. The only way you may not be able to see it is if you are signed in to a "sub-account".

;)

Thanks JASE72.
I did not know that, now my user name is User 1hhhhh. :dunce:
I guess i can fix that though.

Thanks guys. You will probably here cry's of help again.

Kenny

You have to create a new user first.
Then sign up for the PSN. The same as you would have on your fist account

What JASE72 says. 👍

When I have a moment I'll search around for a tutorial / walkthrough for creating a new user on your PS3 and then creating a new PSN ID and post it up on the first post of this thread.

I'm sure there must be one here somewhere. 👍

I like this. Just don't know how to go about porting all my GTP friends over to my new GTP_ account.

I'll probably keep my current account as my main one and just use this for GTP racing.

I'll sign up after I create a GTP_ account.

Does a sub account need to have game saves copied over as well?

I like this. Just don't know how to go about porting all my GTP friends over to my new GTP_ account.

I'll probably keep my current account as my main one and just use this for GTP racing.

I'll sign up after I create a GTP_ account.

Does a sub account need to have game saves copied over as well?

Just re invite the ones you want on that account.

As for copying the game save over I would assume so. But as my PS3 is all mine:sly: I haven't created a sub account so I'm only guessing at that

This is no tutorial, but it may be enough for those with accounts set up already and don't now where to go to change names.
I first went to the users icon and created a new user (name didn't matter for now) for the ps3. I then edited the original user name so that I could still use my original user name. I then edited the second user name to the original name. Then the sign up for PSN icon appeared below the Playstation network icon. When trying to use my email as the sign on it would not allow it. This may be because I'm using the same console user name as originally. I used my other email address and had no problems. For those with 1 email address I'm hope you don't run into a road block. If you don't use the same console userneme as your original, maybe there will be no problem.
As for game save data, I copied it from the original user game Saved Data Utility.
As for friends, I sent a message telling them I changed my psn name and will wait to work on that another time.

If anyone can add to this, please do.

Yeah, I got one too:

GTP_magburner_72

I added the 72 because it will be my car number when GT5 rolls in.

@Dust Driver:

Sorry about that knock earlier on @ Daytona. That sod in the Red F430 rammed me into you, and caused me (and you) to wipeout. I did slow down to let you past again though. 👍

I think it's funny how alot of you talk about your races online with other members...
I've only tried once! And I play online alot!

But it helps to spot GTP members with the GTP tags, and when the private lobbies come, it'll be even easier! 👍

@magburner
I already thought that the ferrari rammed you, i saw a flash of him coming to the left.
Had a real good slide there and for once didn't loose control of the car :)
I would have come second after you if that same person didn't block me in the last straigth.

It seems that the account that I have to play GT5:P on is the account that owns the game. I wanna play it on my sub account, which is my GTP account. Any way around this?

Just re invite the ones you want on that account.

As for copying the game save over I would assume so. But as my PS3 is all mine:sly: I haven't created a sub account so I'm only guessing at that
All this work just to race with you guys.

And then of course all my PSN games on my other account won't work properly, so I will have to keep everyone on that account as well so I can play them at Pain and whatnot.

This is why I buy all PSN/BD games on BD.

When trying to use my email as the sign on it would not allow it. This may be because I'm using the same console user name as originally. I used my other email address and had no problems. For those with 1 email address I'm hope you don't run into a road block. If you don't use the same console userneme as your original, maybe there will be no problem.
As for game save data, I copied it from the original user game Saved Data Utility.
Yeah, it links your email address to your PSN account so it is stuck to that one account.

Now, since you will only receive one email you can easily use something like a @spam.la address. Once you register you are done and never need to worry with it again. That's how I managed to set up all my five different international region accounts.

And then of course all my PSN games on my other account won't work properly, so I will have to keep everyone on that account as well so I can play them at Pain and whatnot.

Pain online?

Would be nice. Hopefully they will make it possible in the near future. It's become quite the party game around here.

;)

@magburner
I already thought that the ferrari rammed you, i saw a flash of him coming to the left.
Had a real good slide there and for once didn't loose control of the car :)
I would have come second after you if that same person didn't block me in the last straigth.

Phew that's all right then. 👍

When I race with the GTP tag, I strictly follow the rules laid down in the in the online code of conduct. I often forfeit a race if I have caused (or i have a sneaking suspicion I might of caused) some guy to crash off the track. 👍

Back