Fallout 3

i played through this game once when it first came out for ps3 and really enjoyed it. I just bought it again for the xbox 360 since it was a platinum hit and now only 19.99. Started the game again and really am just in the beginning stages of it. If i remember correctly the xbox360 graphics compared to the ps3 version does seem to be a bit smoother and less grainy.

My real question is are any of the downloadable content really worth the cost? I am still early on and low level so i have some time to work through the regular missions and level up, just wondering when i get to the point if it's worth the microsoft points for any of the add-ons. appreciate any input. do any of the add-ons expand on the actual story of the game? or are they just new areas/enemys/challenges?
Broken Steel is a MUST if you have Fallout 3 but you wont actually be able to play Broken Steel until you beat the main campaign because it extends the story. But trust me, its well worth it and also increases the level cap to 30. The level cap is increased as soon as you buy Broken steel.

Bought the original Fallout 3 for my PS3. Only was about 10 hours into it when got wind that the previously 360-only DLC was coming to PS3 store, and that it was gonna be released as a GOTY edition(like Oblvion). At the time i didnt have internet connection, so last year i got Fallout 3: GOTY edition. The DLC is fantastic, just finished Mothership Zeta and The Pitt. Going to start Point Lookout soon. But a word of warning: when playing this game, DISABLE the Autosave feature as soon as you start. The way the game data is written to the HDD in Autosave can seriously screw it up, resulting in numerous freezes/crashes. I had problems at first in The Pitt, then disabled Autosave(remember to save often!), now the game has given me no problems at all. There are various posts on the web about how the PS3 version is flawed, but the root of it all is down to the Autosave feature - a problem that plagues the 360 and PC versions too. Oblivion was the same(although less so) - my brother's 360 version of Oblivion froze constantly, so he disabled Autosave and cleared the HDD save cache(pressed a button on his control pad while booting up the game). Problem solved.

Interestingly I've found no mention of the upcoming New Vegas game; I've searched but if there is existing info, I do apologize. Fans of the fallout universe are sweating this game already. Thing that has me very interested is the Rep system which complements Karma. Your not just judged for being good or evil but how you've treated and helped/hurt individuals, effectively letting you join factions.👍

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php?fbid=OqbhFjhMtrE

Well, I was I planning on playing The Pitt before I shelled out some more cash for Broken Steel/Point Lookout expansion however I was walking past EB not half an hour ago and I seem to be quite weak willed :lol:

At least I am not suffering from buyer’s remorse.

Last edited:
Sorry about the double post. As I finished the main game after having installed Broken Steel expansion, my evil Karma rating has been restored to Neutral which I then in turn made good by giving water to the hobo at Rivet City. I now have Fawkes as a companion and he is awesome. I find it vaguely amusing that he can follow me into the Citadel without being shot at :lol:

I don’t know how long I will be able to keep the good karma rating up as I do enjoy a good pillage and plunder but I feel like I might need to somehow make some good use of Fawkes in a few missions before it’s too late and I revert to my evil old ways. I have yet to go to the Deathclaw sanctuary, is there anything worthwhile in there?

After 225 hours of fun and 3 full playthroughs, I finally decided to let this excellent game go this weekend. Traded it in a and a couple other games toward RDR. Fallout 3 sure was a lot of fun but I figure at this point I have done pretty much everything in this game. I cant wait for Fallout New Vegas. :)

After 225 hours of fun and 3 full playthroughs, I finally decided to let this excellent game go this weekend. Traded it in a and a couple other games toward RDR. Fallout 3 sure was a lot of fun but I figure at this point I have done pretty much everything in this game. I cant wait for Fallout New Vegas. :)

Either can I.;) I foolishly sold this game a while back then re-purchased a copy when gamestop had a sale for 20 USD new.:dunce: Since going through this game again I've realized it's a completely different experience than the first. The core game is massive ;I'm constantly finding new things I didn't before. I'm now trying to decide which dlc I'd like to get. Seems like broken steel is the best one but the pitt and point lookout look pretty good also. Hmm..GOTY edition?:dunce::lol:

Last edited:
Im not far but I did buy the game in 08, just seems hard to get back in with Demon's Souls Stuck in my PS3. I will pick up where i left off sometime this summer to finish the game and try the expansions.

I only played through once but did manage to build up over 300 hours gameplay. I started Red Dead Redemption a couple of days ago and it's brilliant. It's like a cross between GTA and Fallout 3, but set in the Old West.

It seems to play more like Fallout 3 than GTA which seems odd because it's a Rockstar game, it lacks the RPG elements of Fallout 3, but has a lot of similar gameplay - a bullet-time game mechanic similar to VATS, a not very densely populated game world unlike the GTA games and more like the Capital Wasteland with mainly open countryside with settlements here and there, random encounters with both good guys and bad guys as you are exploring the countryside or riding to your destination and a fast travel system similar to Fallout 3's that makes sense because you can't hop into a Lamborghini and shoot to your destination at 150mph which is part of the fun of GTA games. Although it is missing lots of the gameplay elements of Fallout 3 like lockpicking, sneaking, etc.

Like Fallout 3 and GTA games there also seems to be absolutely tons of sidequests and activities you can use to pass time, make money, etc. outside of the main quest missions.

All in all, great stuff so far.

Last edited:
Back