Fallout 3

Bought this yesterday, i haven't played much at all due to college work. So far I think it's brilliant! The graphics are spot on, the guys at Bethesda have really done a good job. The only thing bugging me is that it mimics Oblivion a little (which isn't a bad thing to be honest, you have to escape very early on just like oblivion, and the travel system appears to be very closely related) What do you all think of it?

Heather told her mom to get me this for christmas. I pretty much played it the entire christmas weekend and now have at least 30+ hours into the game. I spent at least 10 hours just doing the side mission for 1 person. The lady that wanted to make the book and needed information for each chapter.

I also finally got enough money (bottle caps) to buy the schematic for the "Rock-it-launcher" Holy crap this might be the coolest weapon I have ever seen in a game. You can seriously shoot ANYTHING through this gun. Teddy bears, forks, soap boxes, bloody limbs. Yes you can even shoot bloody limbs out of this gun. You can blow peoples bodies apart with soap boxes and anything else you put into this gun. :lol:

I simply cant get enough of this game. I also spend a lot of time just collecting everything I see and bringing it back to my house in Megaton. I love games that let you collect tons of loot. I cant believe how much stuff is in this game.

I also finally got enough money (bottle caps) to buy the schematic for the "Rock-it-launcher" Holy crap this might be the coolest weapon I have ever seen in a game. You can seriously shoot ANYTHING through this gun. Teddy bears, forks, soap boxes, bloody limbs. Yes you can even shoot bloody limbs out of this gun. You can blow peoples bodies apart with soap boxes and anything else you put into this gun. :lol:

Blasphemy! Something better than the Gravity Gun?

I have 30 hours into this game and just found out you could have a dog. I will try to find him tonight. :)

Ha! That's the beauty of the game. I don'thave him either and I'm also 30 hours plus into it.

I finally got the dog last night. I sure wish I would have found him 30 hours ago. He really comes in handy in battle. Well accept against fire ants. I save before each battle and if he dies I reload. Those fire ants destroy him so I have to keep him back in those battles.

I love how he will search for food, weapons, or other items. Its also just fun having him by your side to give a heads up when enemies are around. Feels kinda like the dog in Fable 2 but the dog in fable 2 was designed much better and didnt look as corny running around. I still appreciate this dog for sure.

I still want to make all the special weapons. I made the "Rock-It-Launcher" but I still want to make the other 3 or 4 special weapons. I just have no idea at all where the schematics are for them.

I simply could not stop playing this game over the holiday weekend. So far I made 6 different weapons and I bought all of the items for my house in Megaton. I am currently level 17 with repair maxed out at 100. I also have over 65 hours into this game just since christmas. So addictive. 👍

I finally found out how to move objects around in this game. You basically have an invisible hand that allows you to place anything where you want it. On shelves, under shelves, onto anything. So I took a few random pics from the game after collecting a few Teddy bears, toy truck, pool balls, gnomes, toy cars, hammers, and other items. Also my workbench, infirmary, nuka cola machine, and laboratory. This is just the beginning.These pics are in my Megaton house. Also my dog and Star Palin Cross.

Pics moved to post #43

Last edited:
I found this while roaming through the wasteland and truly tried to bring it back to my Megaton house. I could not put it in my inventory so I seriously carried this thing for 30 minutes to Megaton. :lol: The only bad part is that I could not bring it into Megaton or into my Megaton house. As soon as I go to open the door it drops. I also could not fast warp with it.

Alien pics moved to post #43

Last edited:
FYI the 1.1 patch should be automatically applied today and according to the official web site comes with the following bug and quest fixes.

Caution notes may contain spoilers.

Update 1.1 Notes (All platforms unless otherwise noted)

New Features

Trophy support. (Playstation 3)

Bug Fixes

Friends notification no longer causes the game to pause. (Playstation 3)

Fixed occasional crashes during loading and waiting.

Friendly or neutral NPC health bars, when taking damage, no longer flicker repeatedly.

Fixed issue where certain NPCs would occasionally disappear from the game.

Fixed issue where dead NPCs would occasionally come back to life.

Fixed rendering issue with the Gatling Laser gun's tracers.

Fixed issue where the haircut menu would occasionally not appear properly.

Added ability to remap your VATS and pip boy buttons.

Fixed rare load/save issues that would cause NPCs to behave incorrectly.

Fixed issue where quest objectives would occasionally not update properly due to talking activators,
intercoms and conversations.

Using Radaway from the Pip-Boy's Status Menu repeatedly no longer crashes the game.

Player no longer gets stuck in level up menu if their skills are maxed out.

Fixed issue where multiple followers would occasionally not load into an interior.

Fixed rare issue with getting stuck in VATS mode.

Fixed rare crash with fighting NPCs with corrupted data.

In game radios will now play properly if player was listening to the radio in the Pip-Boy first. (Playstation 3)

Fixed rare crashes while loading and saving games.

Fixed rare issue where player would fall through the floor while in VATS.

Fixed occasional crash after scoring a critical hit in the head with a Railway Rifle.

Prevent NPCs from inadvertently dying from falling.

Fixed occasional issue where the controller would stop working properly.

Fixed crashes related to repeatedly equipping and dropping clothing and armor into the world.

Quest Fixes

Fixed several instances where quest item stayed in inventory permanently after completing quests.

Fixed an issue where the distress message would occasionally not play in Trouble on the Homefront.

In The Waters of Life quest, the Citadel gate will open properly if the player fast travels away after exiting the Taft Tunnels but before reaching the Citadel gate with Doctor Li.

For the Big Trouble in Big Town quest, the broken protectrons in Big Town become active at the proper time.

In The American Dream quest, fixed specific issue which prevented the player from accessing their belongings in the locker by the door if they left the room first.

Fixed infinite caps exploit in Strictly Business quest.

Fixed rare instance where Dad would have no valid dialogue during The Waters of Life quest.

Prevent issue during the Finding the Garden of Eden quest where player would fade to black, instead of traveling to Raven Rock, while in combat with a follower.

Fixed several XP speech exploits with certain NPCs.

Fixed XP exploit with a robot in Fort Bannister.

Fixed issue where player's controls can become locked permanently during The American Dream.

I have around 77 hours into this game.
As I stated earlier in this thread, Lucy and Walters helper died in Megaton by falling through a guard rail. Walter is also missing. These are bugs that should be patched now.
I have read about freezing issues and I finally came across one. I was near the hospital and the crashed alien ship then it kept freezing big time. I had to shut the 360 off at least 3 times in a row and only in that area. I think it had something to do with the cars exploding and the excessive radiation. If you get near that alien ship you will get around 29 rads per second.

I'm only around 20 hours and the only issues I've had is with Dogmeat getting stuck somewhere only to reappear hours later. Actually I recently lost him somewhere in the Museum Station on my way to Rivet City. I've spent a fair amount of time at RC and the Broken Bow and he has yet to reappear so I'm kinda starting to wonder if I'll ever see him again.

Edit again

It doesn't make mention of it, but I wonder if the patch effects the Big Guns Skill Book exploit at Bethesda Ruins?
------

Anyway based on feedback on the PS3 F3 thread it looks like this exploit didn't get touched. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Now I have 101 hours into the game since christmas on my 1st playthrough as good. I have found 131 locations.

Finally finished up the game on my first play through as good.
1st play through as good 105 hours, 160 locations discovered.
2nd play through as evil. 5 hours, 10 locations and already blew up Megaton.

**Storyline spoiler ahead**
Anyone else disappointed that the game ending did not show anything at all that happens with Oasis?? I tried 2 different endings and still nothing at all about what happens to Oasis. I let him live and added the ingredient to his heart that would expand the growth across the world. My friend killed him and we both still had the same endings. Nothing at all mentioned about Oasis.
Besides that the last ending mission was really fun and exciting.

I also finally beat the game last night.

Pics moved to post #43

Last edited:
Anyone played "Operation Anchorage" yet?
;)
Every single person I talked to said they got through it in about 2-3 hours and once you finish it you cant go back.
So with that said I will just wait until the March DLC pack is released which will increase the level cap.

Every single person I talked to said they got through it in about 2-3 hours and once you finish it you cant go back.
So with that said I will just wait until the March DLC pack is released which will increase the level cap.
Hmmmm... Well that's good to know.

I think I will do the same.

;)

How do you get all the items in the same place? When I collected a hundred or more empty cola bottles I took them from my cupboard dropped them on the floor but only 1 bottle was there (representing the 100 I had put down).

I just got int o this game a a week ago... when i first got it i skipped the VATS tut and never used it, so i hated the game.

Game it another try and god! it makes the game so much better

Haha! Why would you not use the VATS? It's probably the most important feature! Glad you're enjoying it now though. Say goodbye to your life!

Rue
How do you get all the items in the same place? When I collected a hundred or more empty cola bottles I took them from my cupboard dropped them on the floor but only 1 bottle was there (representing the 100 I had put down).
Put them into a locker, mail box, or anything else that allows you to place items. At one point I had over 4,000 items in my megaton locker.

Rue
Haha! Why would you not use the VATS? It's probably the most important feature! Glad you're enjoying it now though. Say goodbye to your life!
Oh yeah Vats is THE best part of this game.
Here is a video of an amazing headshot in Fallout 3 using vats.

Put them into a locker, mail box, or anything else that allows you to place items. At one point I had over 4,000 items in my megaton locker.

Yes I always put my stuff in my Megaton lockers but when I take more than 1 of something out it only drops on the floor visually as 1 object.

Rue
Yes I always put my stuff in my Megaton lockers but when I take more than 1 of something out it only drops on the floor visually as 1 object.
Oh yeah I see what you are saying. I had to drop one death claw and teddy bear at a time for the pics above. If you try to drop 20 at a time it will show 1 but if you go to click it it will actually be 20. Thats why my teddy bear pic above has them in a circle. As you drop each item it will circle around your body. Its time consuming but its the only way to take a picture if you have a lot of items in your inventory.

Oh yeah I see what you are saying. I had to drop one death claw and teddy bear at a time for the pics above. If you try to drop 20 at a time it will show 1 but if you go to click it it will actually be 20. Thats why my teddy bear pic above has them in a circle. As you drop each item it will circle around your body. Its time consuming but its the only way to take a picture if you have a lot of items in your inventory.

Yup, yup , yup that's what I mean! Thanks for clearing that up mate. Glad it's not a glitch with mine.

Anyways, I finished the game last night... I'm going straight back to the savegame before the final quest and am itching to scour every inch of DC and the Wasteland to get all the loot and weapons I can. I still can't believe how amazing this game is it's (dare I say it) Championship Manager addictive.

Got the Blackhawk last night but haven't fired a shot off on it yet. Got that as my sidearm the flamer as my primary and the Deathclaw Gauntlet at my CQB weapon plus a sackload of mines and frags... Bring it on!!!

Question abou the Operation Anchorage DLC. Has the XP cap been raised to 30 with this or not?

Rue

never, i only play a little. i was an ex-wow(when it was good) player so fallout isn't that great to me to waste so much time

Back