Modern Classics Garage

• Thread starter amartya
  • 13 comments
Aint got no PS3
R U kidding me?? a XBOX!! nOO
I shall tune a number of cars from the late 90s, modern classics as some people call them, in the very near future.
They have power, they have the looks, but they never have understeer...
Check it out !!!

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version III (GC) '96

Power : 473 BHP (after some running in)
Torque : 343 NM (after some running in)

Exhaust : Racing
Computer : Equipped
NA tune : None
Tyres : Sports/Medium (optional)
Nitrous : None (optional)
Turbo : Original (or stage 5)
Intercooler : Racing, Large
Supercharger : None
Brakes : Racing
Brake Balance Control : None (optional)
Suspension : Original
Transmission : Fully Customizable
Clutch : Triple Plate
Flywheel : Racing
Propeller Shaft : Equipped
Driving Aids : ALL 0
Downforce : Front : 25 Rear : 30
LSD : Fully Customizable
AYC : None
VCD : None
Weight Balancing : Default

Suspension Settings :

Spring Rate 8.6 10.6
Ride Height 105 100
Damper 8 8
Camber Angle 2.0 2.5
Toe 0 1
Stabiliser 4 5

LSD Settings :

Initial Torque 15 20
LSD Accel 40 40
LSD Decel 25 25

Transmission Setting:

Autoset : 11

Extras to buy:

Weight Reduction Stage 1,2 and 3
Port Polish
Wing
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change

Feel free to comment on my work, i will be needing some advice on improvements, so every hint and tip is very welcome. And cars coming soon:
evovi99.jpg

(Evo V)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Amartya I have a Cup running called the Budget Tuners Cup.
I thought you might be interested, It would let you compete with other tuners here on GTP & see how well you compare.
It would be awesome if you could compete this season or in any future seasons!

DC9990
yeah that sounds good, i'll enter my subaru and my evo.....
not sure if the current tune is under 150k, but will find out thnx for letting me know....(Evo being launched pretty soon, think next week)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late post, but better late than never, so here is the Evo V as promised
Feel FREE TO COMMENT, CRITICIZE, AND PRAISE my creations, and requests for tunes are open to those who do a full review....ENJOY

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98

Power : 387 BHP (after some running in)
Torque : 509 NM (after some running in)

Exhaust : Semi-Racing
Computer : Equipped
NA tune : None
Tyres : Sports/Medium (optional)
Nitrous : None (optional)
Turbo :Stage 5
Intercooler : Racing: Large
Supercharger : None
Brakes : Racing
Brake Balance Control : None (optional)
Suspension : Racing
Transmission : Fully Customizable
Clutch : Triple Plate
Flywheel : Racing
Propeller Shaft : Equipped
Driving Aids : ALL 0
Downforce : Front : 30 Rear : 26
LSD : 1.5 Way LSD
AYC : None
VCD : None
Weight Balancing : Ballast weight: 5, Front/rear balance: 20

Suspension Settings :

Spring Rate 6/5 5.3
Ride Height 114 115
Damper (bounce) 6 6
Damper (rebound) 7 8
Camber Angle 2.0 1.5
Toe -1 1
Stabiliser 6 5

Transmission Setting:

Autoset : 8

Extras to buy:

Weight Reduction Stage 1,2 and 3
Port Polish
Wing
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
Roll Cage (optional)

Car tested on Trial Montain, Time is 1.40.061

I'll have a little vote as to what car i should do next, so by 20:40 GTP time, (GMT+1) on Monday 02.03.2009 send in all the requests. the single car with most votes wins.....
And the Nominees are:
1) Audi S4 1998
2) Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) 1998

Just post a reply saying whether it is nominee 1, or nominee 2,
and the car with the highest pole goes on the garage within a week of voting closure.

P.S. you may request a different car, and if i get a sizeable amount of interest in that car, i will consider doing it. Also i hope to specialize in 4WD cars from the 1990s, so please request from that time period. THANKS, and ENJOY VOTING

EDIT : I'll increase the deadline to 05.03.2009

Last edited:
Right, so voting has now closed (with 0 votes), but i am still open to requests for any car from the 90s.

Can I vote for an earlier version of this car? '86 rings a bell, but am not really sure, maybe '88. Haven't driven either but the base car sometimes gives me the ***** at Capri

EDIT: Sorry mods, I'll try to stop the profanity. Also sorry to kids/parents who are on here.

PF

Can I vote for an earlier version of this car? '86 rings a bell, but am not really sure, maybe '88. Haven't driven either but the base car sometimes gives me the ***** at Capri

EDIT: Sorry mods, I'll try to stop the profanity. Also sorry to kids/parents who are on here.

i'll have a look around and see what i can find, i'll try and put it up by mid week next week

my gran turismo has stopped working, so i cant really work anymore, sorry about that, i'll see what i can do

I shall tune a number of cars from the late 90s, modern classics as some people call them, in the very near future.
They have power, they have the looks, but they never have understeer...
Check it out !!!

OK mate, I'd also like to see your attempt at a '92 Evo without the VCD thingo, speaking of understeer. I should point out that I won't get to test it for several weeks, at the least ,but am interested because after failing hard at tuning the thing, I found several members and posts related to it.

I spoke to NURO about it IRL for quite a while and seem to recall Parnelli(though it might be another chap who I regularly confuse with PB) mentioning the car, specifically about removing understeer. I dunno how good a tuner you are but I get the impression this car has tested the best of them. I haven't tried RJ's tune, but IIRC it was released some years ago, and his style of tuning has changed (much for the better IMO) considerably voer the last few years, so this is unlikely to reflect his current skills. I haven't tried any recent tunes, but stil get the impression that PD's version of this car has not been fuly 'cracked' by the gtp community. If anyone disagrees, please point me toward a good tune or thread re this.

EDIT: sorry mate didn't notice the 'closed for business' sign. Will maybe take it up later

new developement, i am getting a new copy of GT4 in abot 2 week's time, so will be back with a few cars, probably celica gt and 92 evo... watch this space ( or the one underneath it rather)

quick update, i had access to internet after about eternity, but my ps2 isn't working, as i soon discovered after my new gt4 arrived, and a search on the 'net suggested its a laser problem, which isn't easily repaired, and the safest choice is to buy a new used ps2, but that isn't a possibility at the moment, s i'll see if the old alcohol trick works. but for now, no modern classics. Unless of course.......

I was wondering if any tuner, or tuning group is interested in taking over this garage from me, or co-working to be able to test, and post some tunes. I am very willing to be pm-ed about possibilities, i have some unfinished data on some 90's cars, and am willing to share with other tuners, if they are willing to run this garage.

Thanks, Amartya

Latest Posts

Back