• Thread starter ND4SPD
  • 61 comments

ND4SPD

Premium
Canada
Guelph ON
JeffZ28
Jeff C6R
Now before everyone yells at me for a repost. This isn't a repost!

It's Ken Block's Gymkhana 2!

I hope they properly disposed of theose flourescent lights. they have mercury in them, you know.

:P

But, yes, epic driving...even if the car looks like a Corolla that wants to be a Focus WRC.

(Yes, he STILL takes a chance to rag on the STI!)

Awesome! That's all I really have to say about it. Watched it earlier today and found it to be one of the coolest automotive related videos I've seen. I love the slow-mo parts with the water balloons and florescent bulbs.

I actually find his STI to look pretty good to, which is a feat in of itself since the STI is uglier than sin.

Absolutely awesome stuff, as usual. The camera work and editing in this one was even better, which I enjoyed. Even the ads looked stylish.

It was cool but I think the first one was better. I did like the slo-mo bits though, especially the slide inches from the edge of the pier.

It was cool but I think the first one was better. I did like the slo-mo bits though, especially the slide inches from the edge of the pier.

He just had lucky to not go and swim with the fishes :lol:! Nice video by the way but a bit exagerated... to many show off... Whats with the paintball stuff? Visually nice but...

That was beyond epic. That was just unbridled insanity with some of those drifts!! The first drift was better than the whole first film in my opinion!! Then at 2:12 where we goes between the barriers, that is the definition of CLOSE CALL!! The pier was just as close, any further then you would've seen a classified ad for the STi:

2009 STi for sale, some salt-water damage. :P

The only bit he semi-missed on was the dummy with the balloon, that would've equaled a broken arm. But the 2nd time he did it with the real person was absolutely spot-on!! All up 99/100. Can't wait for Gymkhana 3. :D

As for the clothing, that white Teamworks Collection jacket is right up my alley. Hopefully I can find one here in Oz. :D

Another perfect example of why Ken Block is such a cool guy. Even from back in the day before he had a rally team, he still was a man who made it big doing the things he loved. Then he took the profits from that and pursued other hobbies, which he shared with the world. From DCMTNLAB to this, he seems to be a guy who knows how to have fun and show it to the rest of us too.

I prefer the first car for sure. That year of STi had a fantastic super-wide stance and looked so planted. I'm still getting used to the new hatch.

Anyways, this video wasn't as car-oriented as the first. It's got a lot of downtime, pauses, interuptions, etc. I would have preferred more driving and less "infomercial". Btw, Rob is hilarious, but does he have to be in everything? Why Dyrdek, and not Pastrana?

Think they could be saving a two-car Block/Pastrana mingle for a third gymkhana?...

EDIT: I know what the video is missing. The Boxer rumble! Where the hell is the rumble?!

Last edited:
I love how, in the beginning, you see the tire smoke get blown back a moment later when the turbo spools up.

I like this video better than the last, and the new STI is really growing on me enough to say that I liked this car better too.

EDIT: I know what the video is missing. The Boxer rumble! Where the hell is the rumble?!

Equal length manifold piping prevents the out-of-sequence pulsing that causes the famous rumble. Easily sorted by changing out for unequal length header pipework.

No doubt the production values are much higher and the camera work/effects better, but in terms of quality it doesn't beat the first.

segway > paintball

I love these videos. The parts where it slowed everything down but you still see the wheels spinning like hell grasping for grip were awesome.

Equal length manifold piping prevents the out-of-sequence pulsing that causes the famous rumble. Easily sorted by changing out for unequal length header pipework.
I guess that's the price a Subie has to pay for better performance.

That was fantastic!, the camerawork was much better in this and I thought the 'destruction' was pretty cool too, but I still prefer the first one and the other Scooby. Love the teamworks collection, I wonder if they will release it/already is released in the UK?:)👍

Keef
Think they could be saving a two-car Block/Pastrana mingle for a third gymkhana?...

I hope so, that would be made of awesome:tup:

That was great, I think I actually am used to the new Subaru hatch now, that one definately looked pretty sweet. This guy never ceases to amaze me though.

And I want his shoes. Badly.

I find it funny that they slowed the part where he came close to running off the edge of the pier into the water, but they didn't do any kind of slowmo treatment for that yellow post he shaved while coming out of the warehouse.

Frankly, I can't see why anyone would put those monstrosities on their feet.

Back