• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1996 - 2002 Dodge Viper suggested by Thatman :.

1996-dodge-viper-gts.jpg

Specs:
0-60 mph (97 km/h): 4.0 sec
0-100 mph (160 km/h): 8.6 sec
quarter mile: 12.2 sec @ 119 mph (192 km/h)
top speed: +192.6 mph (310 km/h)
slalom: 73.6 mph (118.4 km/h)
skidpad average acceleration: 1.01 g​

Last edited:
Cool. I can't stand the 3rd and 4th generation of Vipers, but the second generation was fairly cool. The car is still not sub-zero awesome but it's not uncool either. Plus when I was a little kid the Viper was the first real performance car I ever rode in.

SUB-ZERO

A friend of mine owns a 2008 Viper SRT10,and to really appreciate what this car is capable of,you have to experience it first hand.Driving a Viper is truly "a driving experience".One of my best drives ever.

I have to say subzero (for the first time) on the second gen Viper (GTS in my mind, I don't care about the RT/10), even though it isn't the best at anything and it is awful at some things (interior for starters IMO) I have always loved the GTS since it's release regardless.

Seriously Uncool, because it's a muscle car.

I thought they were sports cars?? What would you classify a V8 Vantage then V8_Vantage?

SUBZERO!!!

These cars are BEAUTIFUL. I really dislike how V10 engines sound, but I love everything else about it. It's a Viper, 'Nuff said.

Like I said with the '57 Bel Air, I voted cool, but won't complain if it's in the sub-zero category. It's a modern day muscle car, and demands respect. However, this car for some reason, doesn't look too aggressive to me. It just doesn't.

The third generation Vipers if I took power out of the equation, then that would get an "uncool" rating from me.

No question sub zero.

This car reeks of awesomeness. Great looks, great performance.

FYI: It's not a muscle car, its a sports car. Just happens to have plenty of muscle.

Oh my god, this as a car, is so close to sub-zero I would almost click on it. It's just brute force smashing forward an immovable object to 180mph, it's got brakes from Milo Cans, it just oozes evilness through every pore and when you drive it, it's a statement of pure menace.

But it's not as available in Australia as they should've been. They are collector's items here, owned by people who want to see the value appreciate in 20yrs, are barely driven or touched and never ever driven in anger. That makes it seriously uncool for us. :(

I voted cool - i would think it's direct competitor is the Corvette. Even though it's probably a little bit faster, i don't think think it distinguishes itself enough. Both cars are fairly similar.

And the interior is just awful. "Oh but it's built for speed" give me a break. I still have to sit in it to drive it! And it doesn't have the cred of say, a Countach, in order to justify that.

But it's not as available in Australia as they should've been. They are collector's items here, owned by people who want to see the value appreciate in 20yrs, are barely driven or touched and never ever driven in anger. That makes it seriously uncool for us. :(

I remember I went to the local Chrysler dealer when they got one in, retailed for $289,000AUD.... Wasn't suprised they didn't sell very well.

Voted cool. It's one of those cars that was shown in a particular color, & then became very associated with the color. In this case, Viper Blue w/ White Stripes has become a very desirable color on this car just because it fits so perfectly.

But, there's something about this car that keeps me from voting sub-zero. Don't know what it is, but it just doesn't have that IT factor. Like the Diablo, it will go down as an iconic 90's cars, but for some reason, nowhere near to the same degree (& that's ignoring the badges).

Sub zero. why? because you had only two driving aids.. right foot as traction control and left foot as ABS.

Sub Zero.

You have to get it to get it. If you dont' get it, there's no hope of you ever getting it.

This car is like −459.67°F to me. Since seeing one in Need for Speed(okay RT) when I was 6 and it coincidentally REALLY started my love with cars.(production) Its the car I plan on having before i die(Okay any viper) and its the one Ive always wanted. Its cooler then space.

This car is like −459.67°F to me. Since seeing one in Need for Speed(okay RT) when I was 6 and it coincidentally REALLY started my love with cars.(production) Its the car I plan on having before i die(Okay any viper) and its the one Ive always wanted. Its cooler then space.

Exactly 👍 this car started my interest in cars.

Cool. One of the best looking American cars ever, and the one in the OP is the perfect colour combo too, blue with white stripes. I had (and still have) a model of that car and it's still one of my favourites.

Sub zero, love at first sight for me. A Gran Turismo classic too.

Ever since first being introduced to this car, I've always loved its looks, power and handling. It sums up the words "muscle car" perfectly. Became a late 90s motor racing icon and I sadly miss this shape in GT racing.

Cool. One of the best looking American cars ever, and the one in the OP is the perfect colour combo too, blue with white stripes. I had (and still have) a model of that car and it's still one of my favourites.

Same here! Looks great in model form and seeing it in real life was one of those jaw-dropping moments.

Sub-zero. Again.

Well, when I played GT2, there was always a car that I drooled over, other than my RS200. It was the Dodge Viper. I spent so much time driving for it, and then so much time driving IT. I had a blast drifting it.

Then my uncle bought a silver RT/10. And he took me out for a drive. :drool:

Sub Zero. This car is IMO one of the most beautiful car ever designed and it got a kickass V10. The only thing I dislike about this car is the cheap plastic interior (Damn you Chrysler and GM with your cheap interiors. Step your game up). But still an awesome looking car.

Back