GTP Cool Wall: 2nd Gen Dodge Viper. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 72 comments

2nd Gen Dodge Viper

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the time, both the Corvette and the Mustang were old muscle cars. The Viper was a true sports car. It was the four wheeled embodiment of evil. And for that, it's sub zero.

The redesigned Viper (2002-2006) can't stand a chance. That one was just trying too hard to be cool...and failed.

I would say Cool because i like Vipers (the looks, the "wild" in them, the power, the style), Jezza would say seriously uncool cuz you would'nt pick Kristin Scott Thomas on a Viper. So i balanced it out and voted for uncool :sly:. Great performance car though.

Sub-Zero, they are one of the main reasons I am as into cars as I am today. They are also one of those rare cars that no matter how many times you see one you look twice.

Seriously Uncool, because it's a muscle car.

Shame it's not a muscle car though.

Anyway I voted Sub Zero, why? I can't actually think of a logical argument, but I couldn't really imagine it being in any other category. It's an iconic car, I had one on my bedroom from the ages of 5 to 12. That, for me, makes it epic.

I voted Sub Zero on this one. There is nearly nothing that I can complain about on this car. I have always loved the Viper. The style, the power, and the sound is just great. It just happens to be a complete coincidence that I saw the exact same one as in the picture while coming back from Hershey yesterday.

You saw one that looked like one in the picture or you saw that exact car? If you saw that exact car how on earth did palm trees get to Pennsylvania?

Subzero. Rubbish interior, rubbish brakes, no room inside, not too reliable but good god it just oozes badass. I mean come on, V10 + RWD + little to no driving aids = subzero. I like the GTS but would not buy one since I cannot phyiscally fit comfortably enough to drive it. But it is still subzero.

Seriously Uncool, because it's a muscle car.

Wow, you are devoid of petrol in your veins. 👎 You are seriously uncool.

JCE
Subzero. Rubbish interior, rubbish brakes, no room inside, not too reliable but good god it just oozes badass. I mean come on, V10 + RWD + little to no driving aids = subzero.

I was composing this exact same post in my head.

I'd like to add... I absolutely hate the Viper. But it's just so compelling...

Thus, I give it a sub-zero.

Talk about a bonkers car. Go to the edge, your going through the purley gates on fire. Take about a great way to get women.

"I died when my car burst into flames when i was driving on the edge."

The only thing that would make it cooler if it were to have the bonkers 1st gen rims.
25932550003_large.jpg

*Clicks on Cool

It's a cool car.. The performance of the car is breathtaking!!! But the design is not really my cup of tea ...

Again, it's a cool car :)

Jay
I have to say subzero (for the first time) on the second gen Viper (GTS in my mind, I don't care about the RT/10), even though it isn't the best at anything and it is awful at some things (interior for starters IMO) I have always loved the GTS since it's release regardless.

*cough* ViperGTSR *cough*

Would never have thought you liked them at all Jay

It so shouldn't be cool, everything about it is crude and crass, but it somehow manages to still be cool. It's like an American TVR, yet built by a large corporation, not just knocked up in a glorified shed.

Cool... it's got a massive engine, it's fast and the styling is unique, but it's just too heavy and unsophisticated to be sub zero.

To be honest, I was gonna step in then. But I don't think I can think of an argument as good as the one YSSMAN just posted.

*Pfft*

What do Astronauts drive?

These:

apollo_11_launch.jpg

So let's face it, after that a Corvette is like driving a Metro after owning a Veyron.

And anyway, the Viper still comes between Apollo 11 and the Corvette in terms of cool. Old 'Vettes are cool, granted, but new ones can't touch the Viper.

I didn't realize Vipers were built back in the 60's & 70's....

SHHHHHH!

You weren't supposed to notice that!

Still, Astronauts > Cosmonauts. And we all know the Viper was made for Pinko-Commie Liberals.

Back