Car/Dealership cycles...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 317 comments
Looking at that I see a guy that had a MkIV GTI also saying he bought an M3 on day 1. I do not recall seeing an M3, or I would have bought it as well. I may have just missed it, being in awesome mode and whatnot, but if the available models in each dealer are even slightly different this will be complex.

That would be me. Yeah didn't even relaise I had a Golf, went straight to dealership. Cannae remember if it was an '03 or '04 M3

I guess it's possible that they have the same dealerships but different cars in the dealerships. Overall though it seems clear that they've made sure somehow that not everyone gets the same cars at the same time.

Tired Tyres and I are getting the exact same cars each time, so a few possibilities spring to mind:

* Any differences between supposed car lists for each starter car are a mistake
* PD have actually built in a slight fudge factor to shuffle it up a bit
* ?
* Profit

To be honest, in their drive to keep it under 1Gb, they'd probably not bother with anything they didn't absolutely have to or felt they needed to. I'd be more inclined in the direction of the first possibility.

I'd be more inclined in the direction of the first possibility.
Like I said, it is quite possible that I was caught up in the new game moment and missed the M3. If so, I will be kicking myself.

Looking at that I see a guy that had a MkIV GTI also saying he bought an M3 on day 1. I do not recall seeing an M3, or I would have bought it as well.
I started with the Golf and bought an M3 & Civic Type R very early on, possibly the first day.

EDIT: My history only goes back to day 10, so can't check, but my first 3 cars were Mark IV Golf GTI, M3 and CTR.

Last edited:
I started with the Golf and bought an M3 & Civic Type R very early on, possibly the first day.

EDIT: My history only goes back to day 10, so can't check, but my first 3 cars were Mark IV Golf GTI, M3 and CTR.

When did you buy the CTR? I am on day 25, I think.

I'm sure it was the same day I bought the M3. 1 or 2 I think.
I have my PSP with me at work, but not my extra Memory Stick, and my first purchased car was the 25th Anniversary Countach. Looks like I pulled a full on blank out during the first round.

:ouch:

Well after starting with a Honda Fit, I'm adamant my starting dealers were what I said before:
Bentley, Bugatti, Chevrolet, Polophony Digital
because I specifically remember not being able to buy anything from all but Chevy and passing on them to wait for the next batch.
So if there is a pattern between starting cars and dealerships, I can 100% confirm that is what I got, no mistakes there.

I started with the GTI and have been keeping track of the dealerships and cars available. I am only on day 14 though. If it would be helpful to anyone I can post a list of dealerships and/or cars here.

Edit: Since its such a short list I will do the dearers.

1. BMW, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nismo
3. Alfa Romero, Lamborghini, SEAT, Spoon
5. Audi, Nissan, Peugeot, Spyker
7. Alpine, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan
9. Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opera, Toyota
11. Eagle, Hommell, Polyphony Digital, Renault
13. Blitz, Bugatti, Nissan, Toyota

Last edited:
I've backed up my game and started a new one.

Start car is the Golf again. Car dealerships are BMW, Honda, Mitsubishi & Nismo as they would have been the first time I started.

EDIT: Dealers continue exactly as Peter's above.

These are the BMW's that were available on the first day:
BMW 120i '04
BMW M3 '04
BMW M3 GTR '03
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
BMW M5 '05
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
BMW Z4 '03

These are the BMW's that were available on the first day:
BMW 120i '04
BMW M3 '04
BMW M3 GTR '03
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
BMW M5 '05
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
BMW Z4 '03
Yep, same.

Well after starting with a Honda Fit, I'm adamant my starting dealers were what I said before:
Bentley, Bugatti, Chevrolet, Polophony Digital
because I specifically remember not being able to buy anything from all but Chevy and passing on them to wait for the next batch.
So if there is a pattern between starting cars and dealerships, I can 100% confirm that is what I got, no mistakes there.

I can confirm and concur with this. I began my first (and only) game so far with the Fit (that CVT is annoying...) and was picking my jaw up after realizing that on Day 1 I was teased with Bentley, Bugatti and PD's F1 car.

Unfortunately I only documented the first few days of dealers but I have already seen TVR and purchased from Ruf and I am only halfway through the cycle...no Saleen yet though. Will update what I have doc'ed when I get time.

I've backed up my game and started a new one.

Start car is the Golf again.

Which confirms previous observations and, probably sadly, Rogs' notion.

I'd forgotten how knackering this was. And it's not made easier by the fact that PD have decided to include every version of every car from GT4 - where there's an MX-5, there's also a Miata and a Eunos Roadster - whereas before they were localised. I suppose it's a side effect of worldwide play really but, honestly, THREE versions of the same Hyundai Coupe?

I'm only up to cycle 13 as well...

Oh and PD are up to their tricks with blanked data every now and then as well... Come on, folks. YOU modelled it as 4WD, YOU tell us it's 4WD. Not tough.

I think the dealer cycles are determined by the start car your game gives you at the beginning.

I noticed that the first day dealer list tends to be the same when you have to same start car in this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120990

Oh I didn't know that the game gave you a car at the beginning of the game. No wonder there was a Pontiac Vibe in my garage without me buying it
Well anyways, to help the process, the most common dealerships that you will see in you first 100 days as you play are Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan.

Which confirms previous observations and, probably sadly, Rogs' notion.

I'd forgotten how knackering this was. And it's not made easier by the fact that PD have decided to include every version of every car from GT4 - where there's an MX-5, there's also a Miata and a Eunos Roadster - whereas before they were localised. I suppose it's a side effect of worldwide play really but, honestly, THREE versions of the same Hyundai Coupe?

Also, Vauxhalls and Opels. But hey, as you say, it helps online play. I'm doing a fair bit of ad-hoc now, and it's fun, so guess what I find more important. ;)

Anyway, nice find Famine.

I figured we might see both Vauxhall and Opel - I've had Scions already.

At the end of cycle 12, I've seen 302 different cars, mostly unique with the occasional same-car-different-badge.

Yeah, I have run into the same issue with the GTO/3000Gt and then imagine my surpise yesterday when I saw the Atenza Touring car that I had already bought, checked it out to be sure it was the same and it said "0 cars in garage." I exited back out and only then realized it was the Mazda6 Touring Car. Seriously? This will create havok on my car collecting.

Oh and PD are up to their tricks with blanked data every now and then as well... Come on, folks. YOU modelled it as 4WD, YOU tell us it's 4WD. Not tough.
My favorite is the Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R. Blank info, but if you read the detail information there is a whole paragraph about how Nissan gave them a testing car to use for this and PD made it for themselves and used it as the pace car in GT4. So, PD created it themselves, but left the information blank in the dealership.

Last edited:
Well, I noted much less than I thought (got carried away with the driving missions...) But if you start with the Honda Fit, this is the partial dealer listing (all days have four dealers, but I only noted one or two on some days by looking back on the cars I purchased on those days):

01: Bentley Bugatti Chevrolet Polyphony Digital
03: Toyota TRD Triumph Volkswagen
05: Callaway FPV Honda Mitsubishi
07: Renault Subaru Toyota Volvo
09: Audi Nissan Toyota Trial
11: Mazda Scion Toyota Vauxhall
13: Ford Mercedes
15: Mini Nissan
17: Lancia
19: Suzuki
21:
23:
25: Honda (S2000 LM Race)
27:
29: Pontiac Nissan (GTR '09!)
31:
33: Ruf
35: Ginetta Nissan Subaru Toyota

The Ferraris first show up somewhere between day 21 and 31. Not sure what day exactly...all I did was drool. TVR shows up close to Ruf. Pagani was in the teens somewhere. Citroen was in the 20s, I think.

No Lamborghini yet.

Attachments

• GT PSP Dealerships - Golf.rar
    3.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I followed in FoolKillers footsteps and made a basic list for the Renault Megane...

I didn't, however, start a new game so now I'm on day 211 :dunce:

Attachments

• GT PSP Dealerships - Renault Megáne.rar
    5.3 KB · Views: 48
Here is the full list for the Golf. I put in my other Memory Stick and just spammed calendar days by entering and exiting a time trial.
Ta for that, FK. I didn't really want to have to do it...

I assume someone will be updating the Guides page with all this info?
I'm sure Famine will get round to it...

Ta for that, FK. I didn't really want to have to do it...
👍 No problem. I would have done it for myself anyway, once I realized that it was set. I did it in less than an hour while watching Heroes last night, and that was without the UMD data installed to the Memory Stick.

I now see just how much time and power that saves.

Here is the full list for the Golf. I put in my other Memory Stick and just spammed calendar days by entering and exiting a time trial.

On Day 71 it reset. This is definitely predictable.

I assume someone will be updating the Guides page with all this info?

How do you view .rar files?

Yenrot - Download WinRAR

Is anyone willing to erase their installation file and reinstall to see if they get a different car OR running it direct from UMD and willing to delete their savegame?

How do you view .rar files?
Winrar. You can get it on a free trial. I would have done a zip file, but apparently my office uses rar.

I actually put it together in Google Docs and forgot that you can just link those without actually sharing.

Go here for that.

Is anyone willing to erase their installation file and reinstall to see if they get a different car OR running it direct from UMD and willing to delete their savegame?
I used a completely new Memory Stick without installing data and got the exact same car as my other card with installed data. I can mess around with that one numerous times to see if it ever changes if you want.

Well, I noted much less than I thought (got carried away with the driving missions...) But if you start with the Honda Fit, this is the partial dealer listing (all days have four dealers, but I only noted one or two on some days by looking back on the cars I purchased on those days):

01: Bentley Bugatti Chevrolet Polyphony Digital
03: Toyota TRD Triumph Volkswagen
05: Callaway FPV Honda Mitsubishi
07: Renault Subaru Toyota Volvo
09: Audi Nissan Toyota Trial
11: Mazda Scion Toyota Vauxhall
13: Ford Mercedes
15: Mini Nissan Honda
17: Lancia
19: Suzuki TVR
21:
23:
25: Honda (S2000 LM Race)
27:
29: Pontiac Nissan (GTR '09!)
31:
33: Ruf
35: Ginetta Nissan Subaru Toyota
37: Alfa Romeo Honda Lotus Mitsubishi
39: Jaguar Nissan Opera Spoon
41: Blitz Mazda Mugen Spyker (RX-8 LM In 787b Livery :embarrassed:!)

The Ferraris first show up somewhere between day 21 and 31. Not sure what day exactly...all I did was drool. TVR shows up close to Ruf. Pagani was in the teens somewhere. Citroen was in the 20s, I think.

No Lamborghini yet.

Updated it with some info.

Last edited:
Back