• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1989-1991 Ford Taurus SHO suggested by DEATHSARTHE :.

1990-ford-taurus-sho.jpg

Specs:
http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/SHOpage.htm

Last edited:
Yes I know we did one of these already, this is a different generation though. It's a bit irritating though, so much so that I'm actually just going to repost what I wrote in the last thread.

Uncool. Yes it's fast-ish and yes it's scary to be in one due to the hideous amount of torque steer, but in the end it's a Taurus and that doesn't really promote coolness to me. Plus everyone I've ever really known to own one was a complete tool or was a "questionable modifier".

Oh and I think I'm going with seriously uncool on this because it's even duller than the last one.

For starters... terrible picture...

CD_SHO.jpg

That's better.

Pros: Yamaha V6... pretty fast... pretty interesting car. Big displacement mid-size front-drive family car before they became the norm.

Cons: Boring looks. It's a Ford.

Kicker: it's not the overweight V8 version with the automatic... which gives it plus points.

I'd say sub-zero, but that's because I'm a Ford man, and am thus utterly biased. :lol: I like it about as much as I like the mid-90's V6 Maxima.

it's only old now. When it came out it was alright, and with the add-ons and the V6 engine, it was pretty impressive. Cool

I think I'll have to throw my "Cool" bid on this one, too. I'd love to have it in GT5 or some other game, but it's something I don't think I'd buy as a daily. Unless one came up near me cheap, and my Nova suddenly decides to throw in the towl.

I thought the FWD V8 slushbox model ('96?) was cooler.

This being a V6 and being rather... staid looking... doesn't invoke any emotions at all.

Uncoolies

This is sort of like the Hyundia Genisis but with a twist, a known cool car company with a ugly car trying to be cool but with the Hyundia a uncool car company with a decent performing car that looks cool. Which will I choose? I pick the Hyundai Genisis.

I rate this car uncool even if it's got a cool Yamaha engine. They could have made a cool car with that motor but they screwed it up with the Ford Probe by making it a front wheel drive. I mean really what were they thinking? They should have just come out with the mid engine Fiesta with the Yamaha engine, now that would have been a cool car.

seriously uncool. 1. it's a Ford.

I don't know how you can say that when it is the car company that made the car for the masses the Model T and made legendary cars like the Ford Mustang, Ford GT40, Ford AC Cobra and some great Rally cars. They may come out with a few dud's but I think they are cool enough to earn my respect.

Last edited:
seriously uncool. 1. it's a Ford. 2. It's FWD. 3. It's hideous in a genuine 80's style.

Very much agree with Leonidae, heavy and ugly high powered American luxury barge that isnt that fast nor isnt that luxurious 👎. Seriously Uncool.

How is that a better picture? It's a magazine cover.

If you have to argue which one photo is better that even makes it totally uncool. :crazy: It should look cool no matter how you look at it. haha! :sly:

Seriously uncool, pretty much for the same reasons as with the other one in that its ugly, FWD, an American Saloon and that I cant think of a single thing I like about it.
Would say even worse than the last Taurus, given that its even more ugly to look at.

Very much agree with Leonidae, heavy and ugly high powered American luxury barge that isnt that fast nor isnt that luxurious 👎. Seriously Uncool.

6.6 seconds isn't slow. Especially not for the time.

Uncool, it's a first (or second) gen Taurus.

And when you get to do a head gasket on one, it becomes seriously uncool.

heavy and ugly high powered American luxury barge that isnt that fast nor isnt that luxurious 👎. Seriously Uncool.
Except the only thing you got right was that it was American and high-powered. It wasn't a luxury car, it wasn't a barge, and it was fast.

Interesting. Voting right now is 2, 4, 6, 8.

Who do we appreciate?

Not the Taurus, apparently... :lol:

Seriously uncool from me, it just appears so hideously dull to look at although it's not being all that offensive.

Uncool.
It's a great car, the 1st gen. SHO, but I still prefer the better looking second gen.

The styling is ugly, but inoffensive, and it's not slow, but I don't like the looks, and I really hate most of the 80's cars. Most.

To a serious car buff, the SHO is cool, maybe even SubZero at the time it was released.

However, my cool wall votes are heavily tied to the "girlfriend test", and the SHO just failed that one massively.

I guess it's good for being a FWD American car for the era as far as power goes, other than that, it's nothing to look at, it's a Taurus, just well, nothing special really. The new SHO on my local dealers turntable is however stupidly cool, because it shares nothing with what a Taurus used to be, that god for that.

This one, uncool.

Last edited:
Back