No Indy car in GT5?

Whisky_River
RAZORBACK2015
I used the search feature and couldn't find this here. I just got my new Official Playstation Mag and it had a retraction in the back about last month's article. They said that Indy cars would NOT be in GT5, that they made a mistake. Anyone else see this? Sorry if this is already posted.

noirl.jpg

Last edited:
Thats too bad, so the only good thing to come out of that article then was the small night pictures.

Haven't indycars featured in an official trailer already?

Nope, Nascar was but not IRL (Indy cars).

They softened the blow by saying "but the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is included" :ouch:

I almost missed it. It is in the back towards the monthly letters if anybody is looking for it.

If true, I can't believe that either PD or Sony didn't put out a statement right away.

They let people think it had Indy in it this long? wtf!

I'm pretty sure Kazunori said in one of the interviews at CES that there will be Indy cars
Nope, the only metion of Indy cars came from that magazine article but it was a statment that Indy cars were in GT5 so it was taken at face value. Apparently the magazine was mistaken, either they misunderstood something they were told, or they saw another open wheel series or car and confused it with Indy car. Maybe they got a glimpse at a new Formula GT car or they siomply don't know the difference between the Ferrari F2007 and an Indy car.

I'm not surprised by this. You would have thought that PD would have shown at least a hint in their previous trailers for the game. They showed WRC and Nascar prominently. As long as we have at least one Formula 1 car, there really is no point to having IRL cars. They are just slower and worse sounding, while being similar.

Maybe they saw a pic of the older Formula GT's(from GT3), which look similar to what an IRL car looks like?

Just throwing it out there.

well this is a significant piece of news i honestly don't care about IRL at all but are we sure the rest of the features are confirmed?

Would it be possible to have IRL car without licence like F1 car without F1 licence?

If it's possible it would make some sense as there's gonna be some appropriate tracks in the game. Just no-one's allowed to say IRL.

Wow. The news just keeps getting better and better. Oh it's gonna be released in fall? Oh and the IRL cars that were "confirmed" will now be absent? Cool thanks alot guys at Sony and PD, so proffesional of you guys. Oh yeah by the way, suck it.

Wow. The news just keeps getting better and better. Oh it's gonna be released in fall? Oh and the IRL cars that were "confirmed" will now be absent? Cool thanks alot guys at Sony and PD, so proffesional of you guys. Oh yeah by the way, suck it.

IRL was NOT confirmed, and this has nothing to do with either PD or Sony. :rolleyes:

You are more than welcome to leave. Alt+F4 would be the exit door.

Oh yeah! Whats next? No wheater ?? No day and night.... not thousand cars, but 300 instead... with no DAMAGE ?

Oh...just get me a DLC for GT5 Prologue, and thats it...

Man...what a ****** drama ...

Oh yeah! Whats next? No wheater ?? No day and night.... not thousand cars, but 300 instead... with no DAMAGE ?

Oh...just get me a DLC for GT5 Prologue, and thats it...

Man...what a ****** drama ...

It wasn't Sony or PD.

You know for a website with 99.9% guys there is a hell of a lot of teen girls on here who act like a minor thing is the worst thing "is going to like totally ruin everything".

For correcting a mistake?

Guess I was right to be skeptical. I saw everyone mentioning Indy cars and thought "when did this happen?"

For making this mistake.
If you read the article, they praise the IRL like the next thing after NASCAR and WRC. "We can exclusivly confirm that the IRL will be in GT5" or something like this.

Back