Supercars Vs Tuner Cars Showdown Time Attack

• Thread starter GTCr@zyPSP
  • 94 comments

GTCr@zyPSP

(Banned)
flagbar.jpg

Super Cars Vs Tuner Cars Showdown Time Attack

SCVsTCShowdownLogo.jpg

This is the ultimate showdown, the purpose built Supercars designed to break records, cost ridiculous amount of money, and in general just be plain fast Vs The common mans cars built up to be competitors. Are the aftermarket tuner shops building cars that are drivable? Are the Supercars really worth such high price tags? Can a Honda beat a Ferrari? Can a Nissan beat a Zonda? These are some of the questions to be answered here.

Event Schedule

The Competition will consist of 3 Rounds, the Driver & Car that does the best over the 3 Rounds will be crowned Champion. Each Round will last 2 weeks, with one week break between Rounds. The next track will be announced the Day before the new Round begins. All Rounds end at Midnight Easter Standard Time the final day of the Round.

Round 1
When: April 4th to April 18th
Where: Circuit de Valencia

The Track

For Round 1 we take the race someplace that will be challenging. A place where the corners are technical and mistakes are costly. The track has many different types of corners and a nice straightaway to get the cars up to speed. going off track here usually has you in a dirt patch so it will be crucial to run a clean lap.

Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo : Forward
Circuit Valencia
222222.jpg

The Checkered Flag Has Dropped!!!

Round 2
When: April 25th to May 9th
Where: TBA April 24th

Round 3
When: May 16th to May 30th
Where: TBA May 15th

The Cars

carslogo.jpg

The list posted is for both Supercars & Tuner cars that will be qualified to enter. Some cars just are not fast enough to be included as a contender. If there are any issues with a car that's qualified or not, just post up and it will be discussed.

IN ORDER to keep the field competitive 2 cars will not be qualified to race simply because they are just too quick & if allowed to enter it would simply be a shootout between the 2. If you don't already know the 2 cars are the Veyron & GT by Citroen.

Supercars Qualified to Enter

Ford GT
Audi (R8) Le Mans quattro
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
Ferrari Enzo
Dodge Viper SRT 10
Jaguar XJ220
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition
Saleen S7
RUF CTR2
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09

Tuner Cars Qualified to Enter

Amuse S2000 GT1
Amuse Carbon R
Mines BNR34 Skyline GT-R
Blitz ER34 D1 SPEC
HKS GENKI HYPER SILVIA RS2
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune

carslogo.jpg

The Rules

1. 2 Wheels on the Track at all times
2. S3 Tires or lower MUST be used
3. No Hybrids
4. Event must be completed in Time Trial mode

Leader Board

Professional Class Driver

1. lion-face 1:39.430 Ferrari Enzo
2. GTCr@zyPSP 1'40.460 Audi Le Mans Quattro
3. easyasashii 1'41.525 Amuse S2000 GT1
4. MSProtege5 1:41.768 Nissan GT-R Spec-V '09
5. akiraacecombat 1:41.768 Amuse s2000
6. magicalgin 1'43.717 Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
7. Glubags 1'46.887 Amuse Carbon R

Professional Class Car

1. Ferrari Enzo 1:39.430 lion-face
2. Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 1:39.823 lion-face
3. Audi Le Mans Quattro 1'40.460 GTCr@zyPSP
4. Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09 1:41.502 GTCr@zyPSP
5. Amuse S2000 GT1 1'41.525 easyasashii
6. MINES BNR34 1'41.879 easyasashii
7. RUF CTR2 1:46.729 MSProtege5
8. Amuse Carbon R 1'46.887 Glubags

flagbar.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't played GTPSP in so long, and I love Valencia, so I figured I'd give this a quick shot, 5 laps. It took me 1 corner to figure out that the Amuse Carbon R on S3s was definitely not the car for Valencia... lol. Fastest clean lap so far is a 1'46.887.

TONS of room for improvement.

Haven't played GTPSP in so long, and I love Valencia, so I figured I'd give this a quick shot, 5 laps. It took me 1 corner to figure out that the Amuse Carbon R on S3s was definitely not the car for Valencia... lol. Fastest clean lap so far is a 1'46.887.

Nice. Yeah this track is technical and has a sting for errors. Im running a Supercar first then My Fav Tuner Cars.

You always cut some sharp laps I'm sure you going to blow that one away

There should be one where it is American muscle VS import. I got the idea from Fast & Furious haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one GTCr@zyPSP ! I was thinking of a challenge on this track too yesterday (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125557&page=19) ;) ! Great track this one ! I wasn't a fan at first but the more time you spend time on it the more you like it -I'm still slow on it though- !

About the supercars, I don't know if you saw it but I added a Supercars list to the GTPlanet Time Attack Challenge Hosts Ultimate Car Lists, first message, few hours before you launched your challenge so you must have been too focused on creating your challenge -cars, rules...- to see it ! So you could have a look and if you see something you disagree with, feel free to tell me ;) !

I'll give your challenge a shot as soon as I have time ;) !

Last edited:
Nice one GTCr@zyPSP ! I was thinking of a challenge on this track too yesterday (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125557&page=19) ;) ! Great track this one, wasn't a fan at first but the more time you spend on it the more you like it -I'm still slow on it though- !

About the supercars, I don't know if you saw it but I added a Supercars list to the GTPlanet Time Attack Challenge Hosts Ultimate Car Lists, first message, few hours before you launched your challenge so you must have been too focused on creating your challenge -cars, rules...- to see it ! So you could have a look and if you see something you disagree with, feel free to tell me ;) !

I'll give your challenge a shot as soon as I have time ;) !

Damn That could of saved me some time, lol Ill check it out, make sure I didn't miss anything, & Check out your thread.

Thanks for taking a run, as I'm running some laps my fastest car so far has surprised the hell out of me, wasn't expecting it to be so quick.

When I get some times posted I'm going to add 2 leaderboards. 1 for Fastest laps, Driver & Car, while the Second will be for fastest car model, listed in order of the fastest. Only the fastest time per car model will make this second board, so it will have only one time per car model posted.

I got my TVR Speed 12 down to a 1'42.601 nice and clean, while she is a wild beast to keep in check.

Last edited:
Damn That could of saved me some time, lol Ill check it out, make sure I didn't miss anything, & Check out your thread.

That's why I decided to start these lists : to save time ! About the challenge I wanted to launch, since there are yours and DrifTime's, the time might not be appropriate cause drivers wouldn't know where to put more effort and we might lose them (especially when you plan to run the "Green Hell"... so I might wait first, see what's happening with DrifTime's challenge -challenges kinda looks asleep...-...

I would prove it but I am busy competing in the WRS League now for GT5P. I am pretty sure someone will use those two cars.

Is this on pro physics or standard? Sorry I didn't see any physics specified, I'm assuming Pro..

EDIT:

Been racing the Enzo, so far a 1:42.636 in a lap (S3's, Pro Physics, No Aids), although I'm doing races as I haven't quite gotten S rank on Valencia just yet. I don't think I was in the draft (I was in 2nd when I did the lap) but I will retry in Time Trial for an 'official' time.

Last edited:
I would prove it but I am busy competing in the WRS League now for GT5P. I am pretty sure someone will use those two cars.

Well in that case, that would be me ;) ! Just to see if I could do it ! I'll try my best till I am maxed out with and then if I am too slow in comparaison with the others, I'll try another car... ;) Cause you know, with Glubags and PiTch_... You could gave them a Citroen 2CV they still would be faster than you with your GT by Citroen ;) !...

Last edited:
Well in that case, that would be me ;) ! Just to see if I could do it ! I'll try my best till I am maxed out with and then if I am too slow in comparaison with the other, I'll try another car... ;) Cause you know, with Glubags and PiTch_... You could gave them a Citroen 2CV they still would be faster than you with your GT by Citroen ;) !...

NICE!

As far a physics both are allowed (so long as its not a big issue) just mention what you use, if there is a large separation we will split the 2 into separate leader boards.

Yeah Glubags and PiTch always pull out serious times.

Wouldn't that be something. You round the last corner onto the straightaway, get hard into the throttle and feel the acceleration as you gun to the finish line. When all of a sudden a 2CV passes you on the outside and gives you a nice view of his tail lights as he crosses the line ahead of you. :scared:

As far a physics both are allowed (so long as its not a big issue) just mention what you use, if there is a large separation we will split the 2 into separate leader boards.

I think you should separate them... Even if I would say that great Pro drivers can still be faster than great standard drivers -we "tested" it with PiTch_, not huge difference after all- but as long as physics are differents, you should have different leaderboards (it's like having someone running with S3 and someone with R1... pro and standard make two different cars).

But you're the boss !

well... less speaking, more running !!!

I think you should separate them... Even if I would say that great Pro drivers can still be faster than great standard drivers -we "tested" it with PiTch_, not huge difference after all- but as long as physics are differents, you should have different leaderboards (it's like having someone running with S3 and someone with R1... pro and standard make two different cars).

But you're the boss !

well... less speaking, more running !!!

Yeah I stopped caring after my testing saw lil difference, But having 2 leader boards will allow us to gauge the difference even further, so consider it done.

2 sets of Leader boards, 1 for Pro, 1 for Standard 👍

I do agree with that !!! With these tires -tyres ???-, she looks like she'd prefer spinning than going straight !

With the Amuse S2000 GT1, my forth lap, first clean : 1'43.9xx (S3's, Pro Physics, No Aids), tons of room for improvement.

But I'm sorry to say that, even if I'll try hard to squeeze the max of it, I don't think she'll be the fastest one on this combo with those S3 "shoes"... We'll see ;) !

On S3 tires this gets a little more competitive... The cars I thought I would be getting my best times with are not doing as well as I expected, and the cars I didn't pay any mind to have been pulling my fastest laps.

Try drifting from Turn 1 to Turn 2, fastest way around the track :sly:

Ok, I did run all of them, pro all aids off, I was faster than Amuse S2000 GT1 with only two cars... So now I'll focus on the S2000 before running those two others !!! I think some of other cars are great, with tunning + a litle bit TCS...

Good luck guys !

[...] It took me 1 corner to figure out that the Amuse Carbon R on S3s was definitely not the car for Valencia... lol. Fastest clean lap so far is a 1'46.887.

Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04: Just ran a 1'45.194 clean lap (my second lap) with TSC = 1 (huge difference !!!)

;)

EDIT : Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 :

1'42.263

all aids off
pro physics

I've to work now !

Last edited:
Nice 👍 !!! I have to catch up with you !!! But '01.5xxx behind is not that easy... ;) ! I'll try my best !

EDIT : 1'42.083

Sorry Shigegaki, I'll stick with her till the end of the week but, I won't be able to shave off enough tenth to catch up with the ferrari ! Maybe someone more skilled than me will be ! Good luck guys !

Last edited:
So far...

Ferrari Enzo
Pro Physics
No Aids
S3/S3

1:40.634

More to come...

I'm creeping up on yah bro :sly: But not in a Enzo. For the life of me I can't keep the Enzo in check on Pro with all assist off. I'm getting best laps of like 1'44.XXX when I luck out with a clean one. Ive been driving all the cars so far with stock settings, are you running a custom set up on your Enzo?

I'm chasing that 1'40.634.... :sly:

My 3 laps test with the enzo, all assists off, gave me a 1'45.727 :yuck: (my top 6th lap) ... I should try it soon !

Back