Supercars Vs Tuner Cars Showdown Time Attack

• Thread starter GTCr@zyPSP
  • 94 comments
As you can see in the challenge i'll host, I chose that the rumble/ripple strips are NOT part of the track, considering the white line as a limit could be a problem like in Grand Valley, just at the entry of the tunnel, you have a wider part of tarmac between the white line and the rumble strips that's why two tires off + two ON the white line is ok ok but on rumble strips , it's not !

We are thinking about trying to make a common rules for gtplanetTAC and for some people, rumble strips = tarmac, I consider it grass but was wondering about here.

BTW, happy to have you in the DTM Legends TAC ;) !

The Rumble/ripple stip is considered a part of the track, for many reasons. The first reason being it is a part of the track.

The purpose of rumble strips is to provide a extra semi-racing surface to help keep cars from dropping wheels off the pavement, which can slow cars and throw grass and other debris onto the racing surface (which makes racing a little more dangerous for all involved, especially in corners). Generally, rumble strips are found on the outside of a corner at corner entry and corner exit, and also at the apex of a corner - these locations provide a slightly better racing line overall.

"The basic line through a turn is known as the ‘out-in-out’. This refers to the line taken, where you start on the outside of the track cut across to the inside at the apex of the turn, then swing back to the outside. This line requires the least steering movement, and keeps the car as straight as possible, allowing it to go through the turn with the least amount of braking. Figure 1 illustrates this basic line. You will notice that professional drivers in touring cars and Formula 1 use as much of the road as possible to widen it, often running onto the rumble strips (the red and white sections bordering the track) at the entry, apex and exit."

source

http://www.oneshift.com/articles/article.php?artid=28

When I say "2 wheels on the track at all times" the Rumble strip is a part of the track

Pagani Zonda CS12 7.3
No Aids
Pro Physics
S3/S3

1:39.823

Edit:
so you are saying that this sort of line is legit? Two left wheels on rumble strip.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks for your precisions ! (be carefull this is not the case in the challenge I host ;) ) And thanks for the link 👍

My son said he may let me borrow his PSP for one night this week... then again, he may not either. If he does, I'll try to submit a respectable time for this competition.

:)

well gentlement i have set laps with a few cars, so here it goes:

1.41.768 amuse s2000
1.43.621 mines bnr
1.51.677 jaguar xj220

its a very technical track, a lot of hard coners with intermediate grip tires, but i havent done the quik tune so i will be updating this times soon, still i made some laps but i havent give a try to the others cars(specially the zonda)but we will see, still also the enzo seems to have a lot of potential

My son said he may let me borrow his PSP for one night this week... then again, he may not either. If he does, I'll try to submit a respectable time for this competition.

:)

;)👍

well gentlement i have set laps with a few cars, so here it goes:

1.41.768 amuse s2000
1.43.621 mines bnr
1.51.677 jaguar xj220

its a very technical track, a lot of hard coners with intermediate grip tires, but i havent done the quik tune so i will be updating this times soon, still i made some laps but i havent give a try to the others cars(specially the zonda)but we will see, still also the enzo seems to have a lot of potential

Nice akira ! Good luck with the enzo ! I'll try zonda and quattro this week !

Good stuff GTCr@zyPSP, any 1:39 time is very quick, you've got me nervous, tempted to go squeeze the last few tenths out of the Ferrari.....

What car are you using? I thought the Pagani Zonda might crack the Ferrari but I can't pull out anything quite as fast, its a bit easier to control but just doesn't pick up the straight line speed like the Ferrari does when you get the power down...

Anywho, here is my 1:39.430 lap with the Ferrari Enzo.

Good stuff GTCr@zyPSP, any 1:39 time is very quick, you've got me nervous, tempted to go squeeze the last few tenths out of the Ferrari.....

What car are you using? I thought the Pagani Zonda might crack the Ferrari but I can't pull out anything quite as fast, its a bit easier to control but just doesn't pick up the straight line speed like the Ferrari does when you get the power down...

Anywho, here is my 1:39.430 lap with the Ferrari Enzo.

Same car just working the set up & doing laps with the DS3, I get much more consistent lap times, + my nubb is ghosting. I ran the Zonda & Enzo, but I haven't been able to come close to 1'39.XXX with them, I haven't had as much time with them on the DS3 though.

I'm going to get some more time running them with the DS3 tonight. Last night I upgraded to Windows7 and was setting that up so I only had a lil time to grind.

SICK!!!!!! lap btw!

Well great job guys ! I did run the Zonda, 1'41.xxx (spent precious time on the nurb ;)) But not faster than the S2000... Tomorrow I'll have more time, I'll try to push my limit ;) !

But great jobs guys 👍 !

Same car just working the set up & doing laps with the DS3, I get much more consistent lap times, + my nubb is ghosting. I ran the Zonda & Enzo, but I haven't been able to come close to 1'39.XXX with them, I haven't had as much time with them on the DS3 though.

I'm going to get some more time running them with the DS3 tonight. [...]
What is DS3 ???

👍👍👍

LOL ! DS3... I was like , TCS, Active Steering...no, so ??? ;) ! So you play with a PSPGo ? Can have a CFW for PSPGo too ? Oh ! I have a question : are the buttons are anologic too ? I mean when you push the throttle button, is it progressive or it is on/off ?

lion-face, you have a PSPGo + PS3 so I assume you can use a DS3 too ! Are you ?

I have a 1'41.736 with the Pagani Zonda... I'll run some laps now, I have a go (no work, wife said ok !)

BTW, do you have any problem with your Nurburgring Time Trial Ghost Replays (an 8 minutes lap for example) ??? Does it show your lap up to the beginning of the long straight at the end and stop ??? You have an US version or EUR versionof the game ???

You can use the DS3 on any PSP... it's just much, much harder to hook up than it is on a PSPGo (and requires CFW). In fact, you can even use a steering wheel if you want to go through all the steps to properly calibrate it. A really nice person here wrote a detailed thread about how to hook up a DS3/wheel to a PSP fat or PSP Slim. I tried it once and realized that I needed a different version of RemoteJoy. I never actually got around to doing it the right way and I kind of feel badly about it - the guy spent a good amount of time putting that together for me:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122547&highlight=DS3+wheel

Thanks for the info ;) ! But, I'll pass, not a fan of CFW ;) !

(don't have better time, worked on lion-face ghost problem, it is 3 am... I've got to sleep..)

Yeah Im running cfw on a PSP 2000. I use Remotejoy to play PSP on my screen PC with my DS3 controller.

No worries Detroight, that method is a tad complex, while it has its advantages for controller configuration & joystick calibration, its still a tough nut to crack. I got a much easier way to get Remotejoy working That is quick and simple. All you need to do is copy the plugin to the seplugin folder enable it then run the app from your PC desktop with the USB connected (just pluged in, NOT in USB mode) & presto PSP on PC.

Because its so quick and easy, Ill add it to that thread when I get home tonight

lion-face, you have a PSPGo + PS3 so I assume you can use a DS3 too ! Are you ?

I do have both, but I've never used the DS3 with the PSP. If I had the video output cable for my PSPGo then I would probably give it a go, but I wouldn't use it often. I have heard that its still digital control even with a DS3, so I don't see the point in it there, I don't think it would prove that much of an advantage. So all my times are set with just the PSPGo and GTPSP, nothing else.

Unfortunately, I have found a car faster than the Enzo.... :( well, at least for Valencia..

While there is probably a couple of tenths I could knock off the Enzo time with a better lap, I don't think the Enzo could crack the 1:38's without a steeringwheel/analog control...

Pro Physics
No Aids
S3/S3
Ford GT '05

1:38.819

Unfortunately, I have found a car faster than the Enzo.... :( well, at least for Valencia..

While there is probably a couple of tenths I could knock off the Enzo time with a better lap, I don't think the Enzo could crack the 1:38's without a steeringwheel/analog control...

Pro Physics
No Aids
S3/S3
Ford GT '05

1:38.819

History repeats itself...

Ferrari s beat by a Ford GT.

That's ridiculous fast. Just when I thought I was creeping up on yah... I put down a 1'39.XXX, now I gotta grind some more tomorrow....

Last edited:
Although nothing was stated in the original post, is there proof required of these times? Last time I was in a TAC was back in October/November last year with the JGTC TAC which lasted all of one and a half rounds, so I'm not quite up to the play with what is required for proof of times..

So here is my pictures of the 3 replay save files of each of the cars I have submitted times for, the Zonda, the Ferrari and the Ford GT as well as a zipped file which holds the ghost replay for each of these times...

Attachments

• Valencia TAC Entries Lion-Face.zip
    164.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
Although nothing was stated in the original post, is there proof required of these times? Last time I was in a TAC was back in October/November last year with the JGTC TAC which lasted all of one and a half rounds, so I'm not quite up to the play with what is required for proof of times..

So here is my pictures of the 3 replay save files of each of the cars I have submitted times for, the Zonda, the Ferrari and the Ford GT as well as a zipped file which holds the ghost replay for each of these times...

sorry Ill ad it in, all thats required is a snap shot of the replay file in saveddata utility with the info displayed BUT ONLY FOR TOP 3 SPOTS

Its the home stretch on Round 1, I got some time to make up

Last edited:
Back