The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
You Hae Dis?
I saw something like this a while ago, so I guess I'll start it right now.

The capability of GT5's photo mode seems almost mind boggling, and I think we've only begun to scratch the surface.

I'm sure that hard-to-tell-from-reality photos are possible with GT5. How about everybody posts their most realistic-looking shots they've taken in GT5, whether it be a standard or premium car, during a race or in photo mode, and we'll see if this catches on.

Some Rules Before Posting. (If you have already posted pictures, please reread)

- You can post a picture, or a number of pictures, but try not to go too much over 5 or so, 10 at the most, if it really comes to that.

- The subject(s) of your pictures(s) may be anything; a car or cars, scenery, weather, but try to make it something interesting. For example, don't take a picture of a realistic-looking concrete texture in closeup; people want to see something fascinating or amazing, not boring.

- Try to post realistic looking pictures. There are no restrictions, but be reasonable. Does it look like a car taken with a real camera, or does it look like it's out of a cartoon?

- You may comment on other people's pictures, but try not to make the thread text-based; the point of it is for people to see and enjoy the amazing views that can be seen in GT5.

- No negative comments! You can critique people's work, but try not to criticize in a mean or negative way. Stick to the rules of the forum, and try to be nice. It never feels good to be told your picture sucks.

- Try to use Flickr for your photo uploads. If you don't have a Flickr account, sign up and follow the steps; if you're on GTPlanet, you can sign up to Flickr. As far as I know, Flickr provides the highest quality image links. After uploading, I would suggest going to image size "Medium 640" or "Large" on Flickr, right clicking the image, clicking "View Image," and copying the url into
wraps. This way, all the pictures will be the same size and quality, and there won't be any complaints about the image sizes being too big for the screen. If anybody has any better suggestions, such as a better site to use or any tips, feel free to PM me.

- Try to stick to photos straight out of GT5. If you must edit them, please indicate that you have done so in the post.

I guess that about sums it up. I'll see if I can get some pictures on in the next couple of days or so; I'm just in the middle of moving to a new house and GT5 can't really be squeezed into the schedule at the moment. I have taken a somewhat realistic photo of my first car, a red Miata (lovely thing), but I haven't had time to transfer it to my PC. I'm going to have to practice using the photo mode, because it's simpler and yet more complex than what was in Forza, and far more capable.

Edit: I've finally settled into my new house, and I've had some free time to go through this thread and post some pictures I have taken. First thing's first; you guys are amazing! All of these pictures are great, and some are absolutely stunning. I honestly had several moments of doubt on a couple, wondering whether the posters had posted a picture of a real car as a joke. I kid you not, these are the best pictures of cars I have ever seen.

I've gone through nearly all the pictures in this thread, and while I haven't had time to comment, I've finally uploaded a few of my own. They don't hold a candle to many of the pictures in this thread, but they show the amazing versatility of GT5's engine and tell you that almost anybody can make decent or good pictures, with little or no skill. I've never been particularly good at taking pictures, even since Forza 3, but some of the pictures I took, I'm quite proud of, relative to my own skill.

5229354143_f6555bd702_z.jpg

5229354451_1006abe9ca_z.jpg

5229948332_fefdc110c4_z.jpg

5229355065_2d14763d88_z.jpg

5229355295_f14f583005_z.jpg

5229355529_75ea60601b_z.jpg

5229355809_309dab66ce_z.jpg

5229949142_c123f80a23_z.jpg

I know these are not the most realistic pictures, but it's what I'm capable of, I guess.

Remember, be nice, follow the rules, and have fun!

Last edited:
I've only taken a few pictures and I think this one fits the bill best!

I like the way the 'Micro' blur makes you focus on all the detail in the Mechanical bits.... But makes the beauty bloom! :)

Or do you think this is too cartoony?

ahrweilertownsquare.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this one looked quite realistic. A few Veyrons racing at night:

Click for full size.

Call that a Night!? This, is a night! :P

:drool:

Resized, for easy viewing.
toscanatarmac1.jpg

Oh yeah, the Veyrons at night is quite realistic, especially if you live in Saudi Arabia! ;)

@Southend, Haha, if you used a normal R8, and not the Chrome line one, I could've easily been tricked into thinking it was a real photo :P

Nice.

@Southend, Haha, if you used a normal R8, and not the Chrome line one, I could've easily been tricked into thinking it was a real photo :P

Nice.

Haha... R8's get Modified! & Cheers.... :)

I'm a bit iffy with this one, as it uses the Partial Colour Option. But it's a beauty, so I feel the need to post it full size somewhere! :indiff:

eigernordwandshorttrack.jpg

A beautiful shot. Certainly better than what I could come up with so far. Yes, it's a tiny bit game-looking, in that I think it has a bit too much bloom or exposure or both. But still looks realistic. A very good contribution.

Great shot. I like the green Veyron, it's a nice color. Keep the good work rolling.

PS. I forgot that was a standard! I actually thought it was a premium. Great shot.

:eek:

How...I'm actually speachless.

Okay no I'm not. That's actually from GT5? That looks astonishing! This could actually be in an Audi ad and nobody would notice that it's a game. Just...wow.

btw, How did you turn the headlights off? I haven't actually driven a premium car at night yet, but I wasn't able to turn off a standard's headlights off at night yet. I keep getting confused with the functions of the R1 and R3 buttons.

Last edited:
thetopgeartesttrack.jpg

Very Top Gear-ish. Is that a standard? You did well with the proper lighting.

A great looking Cobra. I particularly like that effect, it takes the whole photoshopping part out of the equation...not that I've ever felt compelled to PS any game images or even have Photoshop...nonetheless, a good picture.

Feel free to talk to your fellow posters. In case you guys didn't know, typing on a laptop and editing without a mouse is hard work! I need my computer back. :indiff:

No words can describe how amazed i am right now!

I suggest, after the topic goes a little bit further... you guys pick the BEST-OF-THE-BEST pictures posted and create an account on some picture-sharing community, and share tons of these astonishing pictures with the world.

Back