Hardest Championship To Win?

• Thread starter WHEELSTAND
  • 54 comments
I have to agree with the Tuned NA one being hardest for me. The GT WOrld Championship can be a challenge too.

I can't remember what car I used in the GT300. Most of my favorite cars exceed the HP limit. I'll try it again tonight tho... probably use the GT40.

Me in Speed 12, every one else in civics

1st - Civic
2nd - Civic
3rd - Civic
4th - Civic
5th - Civic
6th - Speed 12

I need to learn how to drive

The GT300, NA Tuned, Turbo Tuned, and even the Grand Touring races......the cars are faster, and they make very few mistakes. Meaning: You must drive faster, and make fewer mistakes.

The GT300 series is toughest, if you use the cars the AI uses: Cusco Impreza, Amemiya RX-7, BP Trueno, Momo MR2, Daishin Silvia, Xanavi Silvia, Weds Celica, Trampio FTO...should yield a good championship battle. With the exception of the Celica and the MR2, it's a tight battle.

I'm sure most everyone used a car with too much power the first time out (me included); but an R30 Silhouette or S2000 GT1 isn't much of a challenge....anything from 460hp on down makes for a good race, though!

I think the GT500 championship is tougher than the World League, unless the GT-One shows up. Then the championship more or less goes down to the wire. The GT500 cars stay in a long formation; never separated by more than 3 seconds at the flag. So a last-lap spin will cost you; whereas a late mistake in the World League means that Lister Storm or Alfa 155 TC may still have a tough time catching you!

I did it last night and won all the races by a huge margin...

But I drove the Altezza LM :P

I think I'll try it again tonight with the Momo Course MR2 I won. Should be more of a challenge with only 345 HP.

Yeah The GT300 it tough to. I have raced it much. I used the Viper GTS with racing mod and HP at 400 I think and I barly won. I think it was by 1 sec.

It all depends on the car. You can make any championship tough If you wish. The thing I most got challenge out of in GT2 was using real JGTC GT 300 cars in the GT 300 Cup. Stock, of course. That was fun. Try winning with Momo MR2 or Weds Celica! I couldn't do it.

The 80's car cup was very difficult because that A.I Nissan March was a pain to beat. I used an old MR2 to beat those cups.

The GT300 is difficult because alot of cars under 591 are well under the hp limit which makes it hard to win.

I used the Mugen NSX to beat the NA Tuned races so those races were easy 😈

for me, it is probably, umm, the gt300, i think. that might be because out of all the chaimpionships, it is one of the only with a hp limit

I think the Cusco Impreza and Silvia's are an easy win at the GT300, the Weds Celica and Momo MR2 are a bit more challenging.

The Apex Kraft Trueno is a lot of fun, handles like it's on rails and has a long, flat tourqe curve for a very useable powerband.

Try running the Apex Kraft Trueno. You win by driving the best line and powering out, you may get passed on the straights, but races are won and lost in the corners.

^ Bad luck? ^

Anyway I think the Grand Touring cup was fairly hard. The GT300 was just hard to enter because I don't want to use slower cars.

The Turbo and NA cups were preety easy to finish,

The muscle car cup is a little difficult to get used to becasue you don't expect those old cars to have such good handeling. Espically on Seattle and Laguna Seca.

The sports car cup is preety tough, damned TVR's all over those races.

The 80's sport cup was easy, but all the Lotus cars get on my nerves. Espically the Elan and Eurpoa. I hate those cars, Always in the way.

Well that's what I have to say, later.

The GT All Stars race is a bit competetive, if you're not ready.

I remember entering it for the first time with a 400hp Silvia.....got smoked by the R390 and GTone.

Well I tried the GT300 Championship in the Momo Course Apex MR2...

I'll just leave it at that... tried :P

Everything was fine in the corners and that was the only time I could catch up. In the staights everybody just blew by me, except the other MR2...

For those that like to challange their skills, take the R30 Skyline Formula in the GT world championship or the GT500 championship.

Originally posted by milefile
I think I am going to sell that Momo Course Apex MR2. Can anyone think of any place it might come in handy?

For what reason do you need to sell it? You can get millions of credits in GT2 really easily.

Originally posted by JoniK

For what reason do you need to sell it? You can get millions of credits in GT2 really easily.

And I have millions of credits. I just don't like having a bunch of cars I'll never use sitting around.

Entered a fully tuned BMW320i in the Rome Circuit Historic race. Beat a GT40 by less than a tenth.

I also once entered a Daihatsu Midget into the Laguna Seca endurence race. I was a lap down by the end of lap three. Gave up after that

Back