3 Chrome Line cars as Christmas present for Japanese players

• Thread starter amar212
  • 199 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Japanese PS Store will give to Japanese players 3 Chrome Line cars as a Christmas Gift on Eve's night.

Cars are Chrome Line Lamborgini LP640, M3 and Jaguar XJ13 Race car, at this point available only as part of pack made available to buyers of Collector's Edition worldwide / participants of the Facebook "Take it to the Track" challenge-game (in Eurolands).

It remains to be seen will SCEE and SCEA follow the same move.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20101215_414512.html

gt01_s.gif

gt02_s.gif

gt03_s.gif

As an owner of all cars (from CE and FB game) I know they can't be sold, gifted or used in any year-restricted races since they do not have "year of production" attached in their "recognition file".

Last edited:
Hopefully this will come to the European store, so Australia can get it too.
I've already got the Jag from the facebook thing though, but the other cars would be nice.

Wait what? thats racism lol we all bought the game as well.
Learn what racism means.

This sucks. Little by little they are eroding the value of the signature edition. Nice slap in the face to those who paid top dollar for those cars not so long ago.

2 of 5 cars, I guess it is not big deal, at least not for me.

And I payed for Collectors and got the Apex, more than worth difference in price.

Also, I hate all the "elitism by ownership" context of industry in last decade, so I see a nice move towards all who wanted a taste of those Chromes.

I hope that they give players in the US and UK some stealth cars. I only have the F1 but i'd definitely like to have some of the others.

I hope SCEA does the same thing and we get them in the U.S. store too. 👍

This sucks. Little by little they are eroding the value of the signature edition. Nice slap in the face to those who paid top dollar for those cars not so long ago.
Dude it's just a video game. Relax. Do you even own the Signature Edition?

Although I doubt those outside Japan will get anything like this, I do think we'll get a gift car on Christmas Day, much like you do on your birthday :

I do agree that this is a smack in the fact for those that paid a bit more for the signature edition and got these car.s Why not dish out three other random cars?

I would imagine we all would get some kind of christmas gift seeing how the birthday gift was made availible

lol I wonder if there's a Christmas gift exploit? :P

Nice idea though. I could not afford the SE or even the CE, so handouts like this are appreciated 👍

They've gotten enough flak with all the *bugs* and problems, if they're only going to give gifts to Japan, then they better prepare for some backlash... especially from say, their largest customer base, which is all of Europe :D lol

How about instead of devaluing their CE's, they increase value be fixing/patching some of the apparent holes in the game?

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone; Sony/PD announced in advance that the preorder cars and CE/SE cars could be made available as (paid or free) DLC in the future.

I would prefer if the christmas gift was something that actually fixed some of the failings of the game rather than gave us a few extra cars. Remember there are already 1000+ cars in the game, surely we can use those until the game is fixed.

Considering how DLCs in this game work (they are activated on the console, not just on the account), you'll probably be able to make a japanese account, download the cars on it, fire up your US/Euro account and the cars will be there.

From one point of view it's a nice gift to all the users that pay for games and keep PD alive... but in the other hand it's not so good to hear from all the others that have paied for the CE.

I hope that PD remember that they created a CE, with some extras including a great apex book but giving the same "exclusive CE cars" to all of the others brings the idea that the CE isn't exclusive at all.

Considering how DLCs in this game work (they are activated on the console, not just on the account), you'll probably be able to make a japanese account, download the cars on it, fire up your US/Euro account and the cars will be there.

DLC only ever works if it's from the same region as the game.

So you could certainly download them and install them, but I doubt they'll be recognised on non-Japanese versions of the game.

Dude it's just a video game. Relax. Do you even own the Signature Edition?

Relax? What makes you think I am not relaxed? You do not need to be worked up to type.

And of course I own a Signature Edition. It is not just a video game either, it is real money. We were told that with $300 'exclusive' cars would be bought. Now that our money is taken, they are free. That is not right. I don't even use the chromeline cars much but there is a principle involved.

Relax? What makes you think I am not relaxed? You do not need to be worked up to type.

And of course I own a Signature Edition. It is not just a video game either, it is real money. We were told that with $300 'exclusive' cars would be bought. Now that our money is taken, they are free. That is not right. I don't even use the chromeline cars much but there is a principle involved.

You do realise that the Australian Collector's Edition which retails for less than half the Signature Edition includes all 5 chromelines?

I'm not aware of a single game on the PS3 whose DLC from one region will work with a game from another.
For example I remember getting DLC for Ridge Racer 7 from JP and Motorstorm from HK. My son got some Little Big Planet DLC from the US. There will be more, though admittedly I have not tried anything in the last year, I have answered your question.

I'm not aware of a single game on the PS3 whose DLC from one region will work with a game from another.
I have multiple accounts on my PS3 (to access the stores in different regions and for using different tags than GTP) and I can confirm that the Chromeline XJ13 (from Facebook EU) was automatically applied to the accounts on the other regions after starting GT5. 👍

I have multiple accounts on my PS3 (to access the stores in different regions and for using different tags than GTP) and I can confirm that the Chromeline XJ13 (from Facebook EU) was automatically applied to the accounts on the other regions after starting GT5. 👍

From everything I have read, the issue isn't regions or PSN accounts - but if you have a PAL or NTSC disc.

From everything I have read, the issue isn't regions or PSN accounts - but if you have a PAL or NTSC disc.
I see where you might be coming from, but that is not the case. All my games are PAL but I use DLC from JP and US accounts (where the games locally are NTSC).

Back