3 Chrome Line cars as Christmas present for Japanese players

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 199 comments
  • 37,113 views
You can have NTSC games in a PAL PS3, and vice versa. However, You can't mix data from a NTSC game with that same game's PAL DLC, they won't recognize each other. First I was aware of this was when by accident I downloaded Warhawk's demo both from my european AND my american account. They both showed up in the XMB, both were playable, both had saves ... inshort, they were two games, not one.

Some time ago, I was wondering if I could "gift" (don't ask) DLC I got for Ferrari Challenge to an american friend.

FC was developed by a UK developer (duh) named eutechnyx and the guys there have a very open and close relationship with their players, so they run directly their own forums.

And there I asked, slightly "tweaking" my real purpose, a few questions that got, all of them, direct and clear answers. Check this link, I don't think any doubt will remain about the compatibility of NTSC-J DLC, downloaded using a Japanese account ... with a PAL game.

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/2207-FC-GAME-and-FC-DLC-PACK-compatibility-questions


EDIT - It was warhawk's DEMO, not the full game :dunce:
 
You do realise that the Australian Collector's Edition which retails for less than half the Signature Edition includes all 5 chromelines?

The collectors Edition comes with zero chromeline cars.
 
Having the Chrome cars from the CE, IMHO the only car worth it's salt is the R8 and the Lamborghini after it has been tuned so it's not so loose. I still don't use it though.

Rather have the Stealth cars. I really like the McLaren.
 
You can have NTSC games in a PAL PS3, and vice versa. However, You can't mix data from a NTSC game with that same game's PAL DLC, they won't recognize each other. First I was aware of this was when by accident I downloaded Warhawk's demo both from my european AND my american account. They both showed up in the XMB, both were playable, both had saves ... inshort, they were two games, not one.

Wrong, it may have been the case with Warhawk and FC but not with all games. Did you not read the other posts, with examples ?
 
I see where you might be coming from, but that is not the case. All my games are PAL but I use DLC from JP and US accounts (where the games locally are NTSC).

Most games yes - I have PAL games too - but specifically GT5 limits DLC to PAL or NTSC for some reason.
 
must say am getting a bit narked off that i bought sig edition for all the exclusive cars (stealth ones) and they seem to be giving them out for any old reason. sure the other stuff in sig edition is nice but if summat is 'only available in...' then it shud only be available in the collectors edition/sig edition ect. i can understand the jag cos thats just european facebook but rest the stuff is available in each editions of the game, same as the diecast cars in sig edition are different in UK/US
 
I can see it now- 30,000 ps3s all getting the date changed today to read dec 25.
lol
 
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone; Sony/PD announced in advance that the preorder cars and CE/SE cars could be made available as (paid or free) DLC in the future.

I have not seen this before or after purchasing my CE. I actually tried to find the information on this before paying but found nothing during searches or on the product page from the online site I bought it from. I would not pay for anything that I knew could be got later for free or a little cash through a DLC. I do like the Apex book and all but still feel a little foolish now. Glad to all who may recieve the cars. This is a valuable lesson and will probably be my last CE edition or whatever special edition from now on. To those that say anyone who did pay for the CE should not be upset, I say you do it and see how you feel. While I am not going to let it destroy my life it still seems a bit shady. Had it been in plain blck and white for all to see that it may come in a DLC later then ok , so be it and one knows it going in but I never seen anything to reflect that when ordering mine.
 
Relax? What makes you think I am not relaxed? You do not need to be worked up to type.

And of course I own a Signature Edition. It is not just a video game either, it is real money. We were told that with $300 'exclusive' cars would be bought. Now that our money is taken, they are free. That is not right. I don't even use the chromeline cars much but there is a principle involved.
Well you were talking about how it sucks and its a big slap in the face so it sounded like you were worked up. What principle? Stating beforehand that they could be future DLC?

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone; Sony/PD announced in advance that the preorder cars and CE/SE cars could be made available as (paid or free) DLC in the future.
 
guys, you can create a japanese account to access the japanese store to download the cars
 
DLC only ever works if it's from the same region as the game.

So you could certainly download them and install them, but I doubt they'll be recognised on non-Japanese versions of the game.

Nope, wrong, at least not for GT5.

I have an american and a Japanese account to access the US and JP versions of Home, and i tried starting GT5 with those accounts. I received the chrome lines from my collector's AND the Jaguar from the facebook minigame (that I unlocked on my EU account), even on those. As soon as I started the game they appeared.
 
Knew this would happen, if they ever put the stealth cars on the PS Store, I'm refunding my Signature Edition...
 
Let 'em have the chromelines, but the stealths stay for signature edition racers! 👍
 
Knew this would happen, if they ever put the stealth cars on the PS Store, I'm refunding my Signature Edition...

"other people should NEVER have what I have! MINE MINE MINE!"
 
"other people should NEVER have what I have! MINE MINE MINE!"

As opposed to the 'something for nothing' attitude, that many people have today?
 
As opposed to the 'something for nothing' attitude, that many people have today?

Bottomline, if you bought the signature edition only for some cars painted in a different way, then you have a problem.
 
This sucks. Little by little they are eroding the value of the signature edition. Nice slap in the face to those who paid top dollar for those cars not so long ago.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't pay £130 so that Joe Bloggs down the road would have no idea. I was hoping these cars were going to be what separated the standard GT5 users from the more 'hardcore' gamers, like myself.

The stealths, in particular are already all over eBay, which sucks. No real advantage any more :/
 
Couldn't agree more. I didn't pay £130 so that Joe Bloggs down the road would have no idea. I was hoping these cars were going to be what separated the standard GT5 users from the more 'hardcore' gamers, like myself.

The stealths, in particular are already all over eBay, which sucks. No real advantage any more :/

So being hardcore is all about buying your way to victory these days. I Pre-ordered from Gamestop the day before release and got the Stealth F1 and the Gamestop Nascar and they make the early game almost to easy. Lets base how hardcore we are on skill not how much we are willing to spend to get a slight advantage on the competition. Although I have some Stealth cars I wont mind at all if they were released to everyone next week I worry about my own game not other peoples game.

The cars were already going to be released consider it an early bonus before other players. I see that there are plenty of other cool things in the Signature edition for Europe such as the SLS AMG 1/43 model, A Usb key, The Apex book, Wallet, keyfob, coffee table book, and a metal box. More than enough stuff in there without the cars to make it more than worth the price. Buying cars to gain an advantage is as ridiculous as the trend in first person shooter games to sell superior weapons as DLC.
 
Hardcore gamers? :odd: I wouldn't call someone who buys a collectors edition a hardcore gamer. That person is either just a fan or a collector.

Oh I got a Stealth SLS when I preordered my basic, non hardcore $60 GT5 game. I guess that sucks too.
 
Also, I hate all the "elitism by ownership" context of industry in last decade

Indeed sir. It's almost as bad as the "self entitlement" movement by consumers as of late.:ouch:
 
I got both the Mclaren F1 and 787B stealth cars and I just have the normal version of GT5 :sly:
 
Oh I got a Stealth SLS when I preordered my basic, non hardcore $60 GT5 game. I guess that sucks too.

I got my Stealth McLaren the same way :D
 
Well lets look at the value of the collectors/sig editions. Going by the US one.

60 dollars for the game, apex book say 8 10 dollars, keychain say 5 dollars, the toy car say 15, and the nice case? say 5 bucks. That is about 90 dollars worth of stuff right there, so you got 5 dlc cars for about 10 dollars or less depending on the value of the other stuff in the box, you might have even gotten them free if the toy car was more like 25 etc.

So you all got a major jump in the game with your nice cars, could win most any race easily, saved millions of cr in trying to buy or win cars that were a bit behind your stealth and chrome cars even fully modded.

So you are going to scream if others get your cars now? Look at all the other stuff you got was that stuff alone worth the 100 bucks the thing cost you all?
 
The special edition owners just aren't grateful enough and love to complain that others are getting the same car they own.
 
I hope every owner of GT5 gets every one of these Chrome line and Stealth cars eventually.
 
The stealth cars were a perk for pre-ordering. Even if others eventually get the same cars, you still got them first, and got to use them all this time.

As for the SE/CE, if you thought you were paying the extra $ for just exclusive use of 5 cars, then you can say you got the book, keychain, etc as a free bonus... in which case, I envy you. I see it the other way around, and that the extra book, etc was worth the price paid, and that the extra cars were a bonus. And again it comes down to the fact that even if the cars become available, you still got to use them before everyone else.

In all fairness, I don't think any $ value should be put on the DLC cars/content. SE/CE and pre-orders got first use of the cars, and to me, that's a perk and nothing more.
 
They shouldn't have put the exclusive tag on the chromeline cars seeing how they won't be in a week. That exclusive tag was probably enough to get people to spend the extra on the SE or CE when they wouldn't have if the cars weren't included.
 
I got the CE + Gamestop preorder and it won't bother me at all if these cars are used as promo items. In fact I really want that Jag.
 
Pardon my ignorance, and I ask sincerely, but does it say anywhere that the cars in the CE/SE will never be made available to anyone else?

If yes, then Sony/PD are simply making illegal claims on the original product.

If no, then Sony/PD is doing nothing illegal though they may lose some reputation points.

Perhaps Sony could have done something with this Christmas cars to separate them from the SE/CE cars? I collect diecast motorsport models and afaik when a limited edition model is released the production run is specified (e.g. 'only 1000 pieces'). On occasion the models have been reissued much to the chagrin of owners of the limited edition. However, the reissued models often have changes made to them so it is easily distinguishable from the original 'limited edition' pieces. This way just about everyone is happy (limited edition owners still own something exclusive and no-limit production owners can at least own a version of the model).
:)
 
Back