3 Chrome Line cars as Christmas present for Japanese players

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 199 comments
  • 37,113 views
I disagree with this move. Make some new cars for DLC please, not ones that you asked people to pay for merely a month ago.
 
I disagree with this move. Make some new cars for DLC please, not ones that you asked people to pay for merely a month ago.

definitly a good point here. giving away free cars that others had to pay for just is NOT right.
 
Would be a better point if people did actually pay for them. AFAIK, there were no claims that you were *buying* chromeline or stealth cars; merely that they came as part of the deal.

If someone has a 2 for 1 deal on something, and the first one is $100 and the second is free, that does not mean they are selling you the first and second for $50 each.

People are putting too much value on these bonus cars, when no dollar value was ever given to them.
 
I don't care if non CE/SE buyers get Chrome Line cars or Stealth Model cars.
In the end what I payed extra for isn't the Chrome Lined ones but the book it self.
The Initial start that the Chrome Lined cars gave me is good enough for a start.

Stop being so egotistical.
 
As opposed to the 'something for nothing' attitude, that many people have today?

While I agree on the attitude of today for many folks, with regards to the Stealth cars in question, how is it something for nothing if the DLC is payware?

Some of us never even had the option to purchase the Signature Edition.
 
This is one of those things that will hurt Sony more in the future sales of like items, customers knowing that they did it with this, getting the same items for free if they just wait will make customer less likely to purchase future special editions.
 
Bad for those, who payed for, good for those who asked for, but nothing for me....i don´t like the Chrome Line-cars.
 
lol at the amount of crying in this thread over getting free stuff. Holy crap you guys are self entitled.
 
I want stealth edition cars !!!
 
So will those cars go to your garage directly or you should buy them anyway for one billion dollars as usual?

Japanese PS Store will give to Japanese players 3 Chrome Line cars as a Christmas Gift on Eve's night.

If it's only for Japan it must be another 100-th Skyline or chrome Cappuccino. Will make more sence
 
So this is Japan only?
 
Pretty sure a lot of JP accounts will be popping up just so people can find out if the DLC will cross over. The Facebook chrome line doesn't work with US versions so there's a seed of doubt to cheer us all up...

Oh, and to the complainers... do you know if the chrome line cars were even offered as part of a collectors edition in Japan? If they weren't then you've got zero right to complain as the offer isn't even directed at you, it's directed at people who didn't have the option in the first place.

Edit: this is all I could find, seeing no mention of chrome line cars - GT5@ Amazon JP
 
Keychain 5 bucks? Um no, you apparently have not purchased one lately.

http://store.nascar.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1284519
 
The Initial start that the Chrome Lined cars gave me is good enough for a start.

Exactly. If you bought it for the cars, you bought it for a head start. 1 month later most players will have similar or more likely, better cars. Having 3 free performance cars isn't as big of a deal now as it was when you purchased the game.
 
Nobody gets it? Its not that you get "bonus" cars. If that was the case then fine, give away 20 of the same cars I already won.. no big deal. the box, and advertising say 5 "EXCLUSIVE" cars. Implying they are not available any other way. To give them away now would be fraud, unless of course they want to pull evry collector edition box set off the shelve and say the original 5 cars were exclusive at the time you purchased.. (not that i would put that past anything Sony has their dirty finger into)

Long story short- I think they will be giving away different chrome cars that have not been seen yet.
 
Would be a better point if people did actually pay for them. AFAIK, there were no claims that you were *buying* chromeline or stealth cars; merely that they came as part of the deal.

Well if you are not buying what is in the deal, then what are you paying for when you buy anything?...

It was very clearly advertised as containing 5 'exclusive' chromeline cars, as well as the game and everything else. In fact it is not only stated in the advertisements, it says 'exclusive' right on the box.

You simply should not say to people the only way to get something is to pay $300, then a month later give it away for free. It is very dishonest and not a good way to treat a fanbase who is willing to pay $300 for their product.
 
Well if you are not buying what is in the deal, then what are you paying for when you buy anything?...

It was very clearly advertised as containing 5 'exclusive' chromeline cars, as well as the game and everything else. In fact it is not only stated in the advertisements, it says 'exclusive' right on the box.

You simply should not say to people the only way to get something is to pay $300, then a month later give it away for free. It is very dishonest and not a good way to treat a fanbase who is willing to pay $300 for their product.

So I assume you're Japanese, living in Japan and the location under your avatar is merely a lie. You're not being offered something you paid for previously for free, an entirely different market (who didn't have the same purchase options as you) are the ones with the offer.
 
This really is a bs move, totally unfair to everyone that paid for it. Gift? Haha. Nice one Sony... , I have a long memory, and I dont easily forget and time and again, Im losing my trust in you, PD and Sony. Yesterdays Kaz interview that made news already dissapointed me, he almost confirmed the standards to be made premiums and new tracks would be in GT6. So, 2006-2008 cars in the roster, and we're to be content? Then 'exclusive' cars get given away. Its annoying how ambigous the way they handle PR with GT5!
 
I think it's unfair to everyone who paid extra for the collector editions. Just give us some new cars please that haven't been released before in the game.
 
I'd say that Collectors Edition or Signature Edition owners who feel scammed do have a point. As a CE owner, I do.

It's not about that "mine, and mine alone!" stuff. Actually, I'm happy if all the SE owners get to enjoy chromelines as well. Pretty cars, they are. But I do have a problem with Sony using exclusivity of chromeline cars as one of the selling points in marketing CE and SE. As they were sold as exclusive, that's the way it should be.
 
Its clear their doing it because people want new dlc and they dont have it. HIRE MORE DAMN STAFF THEN! I get irritated by the fact that PD and Sony still think the choices they made for GT5 have been right. Go make new dlc, PD. We want a 2010 roster, we'll pay for it. Mark my words, stealth cars will be paid DLC.
 
I would not accuse Sony or PD of anything underhand, you give them too much credit ! They just want to have xmas gifts and blindly pick the chrome cars.

On a more logical level;
- bonus cars in CE/SEs should be made available to everyone as paid DLC.
CE/SE customers have paid for it, do not insult them.

- pre-order cars should appear as free DLC.
I think it is wrong to push customers towards buying from certain retailers, and not all retailers could offer bonus pre-pay cars.
 
It is easy because probably all those cars are already on the game-disc.

By downloading both Chromeline cars or Facebook Jaguar you actually download 300kB of files. Which probably unlocks those cars or "assemble" them via some kind of in-game factory from available assets :)

You don't actually download any "cars" as "fully modelled Premium models" because I can bet it would be much bigger than 300kB.
 
Too bad they give away cars people hoped too be exclusive to the CE and SE edition why can't they give away two other cars next too the Jaguar instead of the two from CE and SE edition
 
I think it's unfair to everyone who paid extra for the collector editions. Just give us some new cars please that haven't been released before in the game.

As I understand it Sony/PD were clear about the possibility of the cars being offered as paid/free DLC.
Sure, it feels a bit strange that they are already giving some of those cars away for free, but 'unfair' might not be the right word.
 
As I understand it Sony/PD were clear about the possibility of the cars being offered as paid/free DLC.

No, they were not. Quite the opposite actually.

Among other things, on November 22nd there was this comment from Sony representative on US playstation blog, commenting users guessing that chromelines will be eventually available as dlc for everybody:

"Not true, actually — just confirmed internally that the DLC cars will be exclusive forevermore to the C.E."
 
No, they were not. Quite the opposite actually.
That's nasty, I specifically remember an advert that specifically stated (in fine print at the bottom of course ;)) that the cars may be offered as (paid or free) DLC in the future. It's why I didn't bother with the CE. By the way, they did the same with GT PSP.
 
Back