HemiShots [7/26/11 Random Update]

United States
Pennsylvania
5735345625_d6b3f3a752.jpg

Hey guys, first off thanks for wandering into my gallery. I'm new to photomode, i messed around with it in GT4 for fun, but i never really understood how the camera worked. With my new found knowledge and interest in real photography, I decided to give GT5's photo mode a shot.

UPDATE: So guys, after looking through a ton of galleries I've noticed mine is kind of unprofessional and could use a clean up/restructuring of my posts. That being said, when I update this thread with new pics there will be a theme... not just random snaps all thrown together. I believe that this will make it easier for everyone to give feedback, find certain pics, and will over all just be more stream lined and clean. The first part of this process has already been taken, if you didn't notice already, take a second glance at the the thread title. ;)

RX-7 Shoot Part 2​

Last edited:
Only thing I would say need improvement is zooming out a little on the 2nd one. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just that the in game camera gives it a weird looking effect.

Other than that great pics.👍

Only thing I would say need improvement is zooming out a little on the 2nd one. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just that the in game camera gives it a weird looking effect.

Other than that great pics.👍
Thanks! I was actually going for that look. When you place the camera really close to the car and then zoom out you can get a slight fish eye effect. and it was kinda inspired by one of my favorite photographers.
5132876447_1df2845a12_b.jpg

he's really good with light painting and i thought my picture kinda had that look to it.

SVX
Nice pictures! My favourite is the first one. It's awesome!

Thanks!

And since both of you guys seemed to enjoy my pics, here is a little bonus fun picture.

Nothing wrong with a little front wheel drift action right? Then you throw in the tilt-shift effect and it's suddenly crazy! it seems like not that many people utilize the "miniature" setting or understand what you have to do in order to make it work correctly and not get an oddly in and out of focus image.

Last edited:
I think over time, your strongest area will be composure. However you will need to find your own style, before such a thing happens.

Then again, lighting may become your strongest area.

----

My Thoughts - Bonus Shot:

I don't think, it is one of your best shots.​

I think over time, your strongest area will be composure. However you will need to find your own style, before such a thing happens.

Then again, lighting may become your strongest area.

----

My Thoughts - Bonus Shot:

I don't think, it is one of your best shots.​

Thanks, for the comments. I'm not really sure what my style is yet, i'm kinda inspired by the angles, lighting, and composition of the photographers in the "stance scene". I don't know what it is really, i like their photos way more than ones that i would see in something like Car and Driver.

I really do put effort into what i do. i don't just try to take pictures and post them, i'll try over and over again until i get the results i want. and it's nice to see that someone noticed.

This is one of my earlier shots, i think i could have tweaked the camera a little bit more and gotten the car in a better focus but i'm still pretty please with the results.

but this next shot i'm really proud of.

Here's a big update for any one that cares, let me know what ya think...
one of my new drift cars, it's not too bad.

5717207315_0101091e70_b.jpg

5717773114_0153543170_b.jpg

5717773164_dc9ffb313e_b.jpg

and an action shot...
5717207467_863b52ea7d_b.jpg

and my new drift machine, really enjoying this one.
5717773374_fb2aab0885_b.jpg

5717773324_61f2891de9_b.jpg

and here is a throw away tilt-shift shot...
5717207527_d6476fd166_b.jpg

the last drift one looks real smooth, just a little something though, in pics like the ones of the rx7 and the suzuki, try giving the wheels a little angle, it seems to look better IMO

great photos :D cant wait to see more.

gotta love the cappuccino
thanks, i'll probably have more pics up later tonight!

Great shots. Hopefully I get to see some more.
Thanks for the feedback!
the last drift one looks real smooth, just a little something though, in pics like the ones of the rx7 and the suzuki, try giving the wheels a little angle, it seems to look better IMO

thanks, i just started drifting (haven't even been doing it for a week yet) and i decided to just mess around with it.

for the RX-7, i never shot at that location so i felt a little bit lost while taking the pics. i wasn't sure what to do with the angle or how to position the car, but the results still weren't too bad.

Great shots, I wouldn't consider you a n00b. ;)

Keep it up, looking forward to some more. :)👍

And about your last shot, I can't help but feel that it looks like one I took a few months ago. :sly:

Great shots, I wouldn't consider you a n00b. ;)

Keep it up, looking forward to some more. :)👍

And about your last shot, I can't help but feel that it looks like one I took a few months ago. :sly:

Thanks, I just consider myself one because i never really took a lot of photos in GT4 and the pics in this thread are the only ones I have ever taken in GT5.

And talk about random coincidence on that last shot, all we needed to do was use the same car and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference!

I decided to try and do a full shoot of just one car this time, let me know what you guys think.

5734432944_ef2ac00b37_b.jpg

5733884653_fe21756c1c_b.jpg

5734433044_4d15f5a235_b.jpg

5733884791_c6518162be_b.jpg

5734433340_9323161de5_b.jpg

5733884931_284959cb0e_b.jpg

One last thing, none of these pics are edited outside of GT5. I don't really have any serious photo editing program, the only thing i guess i could use a little bit is iPhoto. Thanks for looking.

The second to last is beautifully done, it shows off everything that car is about, those gorgeous curves and color shifting paint :drool: The increase in photography skill is pretty apparent as well 👍 I'd like to see what you could do with some more action/drift shots, that Fairlady Z at Eiger was a pretty sick drift.

The second to last is beautifully done, it shows off everything that car is about, those gorgeous curves and color shifting paint :drool: The increase in photography skill is pretty apparent as well 👍 I'd like to see what you could do with some more action/drift shots, that Fairlady Z at Eiger was a pretty sick drift.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Today was the first day I really tried out regular action shots (not drifting) and I was surprised by how difficult it is to get a truly great shot.

I'll most likely be updating the thread tomorrow with some new drift pics, I just bought an '02 RX-7 and gave it a nice new pant job so we'll see how that turns out. I already have some tracks/locations in mind and how I want to shoot them 👍

Thanks again for looking!

RX-7 Fun

5737594415_bfcea2eb67_b.jpg

5738146976_25f9b956cb_b.jpg

and now to the real stuff...

5738147038_914128df43_b.jpg

5738147282_6039ed795d_b.jpg

5737594923_e9f643457e_b.jpg

that's the first half of the shoot, i'll post the second half (which i'm really proud of) plus a preview of my next shoot after i get a little feedback on these first. Thanks everybody.

The first one in the tunnel is pretty sweet, is that cross-processing filter? A lot of times using a high exposure with the filters can produce some cool effects. Try using the cool and warm filters, they can give some nice lighting effects (cool + high exposure can look very awesome)

Don't worry about lack of replies, the more you post the more views you get and the more you post the better your skills become. There was a time where I was triple-posting in my gallery.. ;)

The first one in the tunnel is pretty sweet, is that cross-processing filter? A lot of times using a high exposure with the filters can produce some cool effects. Try using the cool and warm filters, they can give some nice lighting effects (cool + high exposure can look very awesome)

Don't worry about lack of replies, the more you post the more views you get and the more you post the better your skills become. There was a time where I was triple-posting in my gallery.. ;)

Yea, I really messed around with the filters today and yes pics 3 & 4 use the cross-processing filter while the last one uses, in my opinion, the underrated miniature filter. I've experimented with all of them before, i'm definitely a fan of the cool filter and the color specific (forget the actual name for it). I think everyone will be impressed with the second half of the shoot.

And thanks, I understand the whole lack of views/replies. I'm new to photography in GT5 and i don't participate in the competitions mainly because i don't have a good photo editing program. So i can't really put my name and pictures out there, it all depends on whether someone wants to wander in here and give my shots a chance.

Awesome Gallery Hemisport 👍 👍, in this update I especially like the first shot. Can't wait for the next shoot with the Mid engined Clio 👍 Keep it up

Awesome Gallery Hemisport 👍 👍, in this update I especially like the first shot. Can't wait for the next shoot with the Mid engined Clio 👍 Keep it up
Thanks, this set was by far my favorite. I learned a lot of new ways to get the shots I wanted while taking these. And i think i might be just as excited for the next shoot as you are, i purposely chose a bright color combination to go with the editing style i want to use.

I'm liking the last set of RX-7 shots. Nice work
Thanks!

fantastic!
Thank you!

The last RX-7 in the tunnel looks amazing for an unedited shot! And the partial color wide angle clio shot looks pretty cool!

Back