::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
Don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if it was the same make in the teams.
I asked another Petronas Tom's 430 driver if he wants to team up with me. (I have not decided my car for the season to 100% yet dough..)

Copy and Paste then add your vote

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - I
Different Cars - I

Monza Laps
25 -
30 -
35 - I

Would add a certain amount of realism and obviousness about who is in which team if we were driving the same cars. That said, my potential team mate is in a different car to me, so we might have to settle our differences there :P

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - II
Different Cars - I

Monza Laps
25 -
30 -
35 - II

I will skip this round, so I removed myself from the list below.

Wednesday Super Lap Qualifying - Roll Call!

GT500
faqoldschool - Takata Dome NSX
Paginas - Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z
GTP_PaggyDaggy - Lexus DENSO Dunlop Sard

GT300
GTP_Masicampo - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
cranky123 - Autobacs ARTA Gariaya
cranky456 - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
GTGTA - Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Neomone - Celica OR RX7. I'm still undecided.
RetriSearain - car TBA
donoman3000 - Lexus Weds Sport IS350
GTP_Senninha Autobacs Arta Garayia
kroxsox - RX-7
GTP_african_kat - Autobacs Arta Garayia
maSonn09 - Autobacs Arta Garayia

i like the idea of same car, not sure it will work tho for many reasons..
peope who join up might hve diff cars anyway.
Plus as masi sed the who grid might be same car...

Also i say 35 laps would be cool as it is just a striaght track with a few corners lol

Ps i cant copy and paste, on my phone at work lol sad life i hve

Race length:

Longer races are more fun as strategy comes into play. Each round takes a fair amount of time, so if the race itself is a bit longer it doesn't add a lot to the total amount of time spent.

I'm also in another GT500 championship. Last time we ran 175km at Laguna Seca. It was very good as both a 1- or 2-stop strategies were viable. We came to the conclusion that races should be 175km, and I think thats the minum to get different strategies part of the race. Not too much longer though as you get really tired after a while.

Teams:

We have teams in the other championship too. The problem is that the best drivers tend to gravitate to the same teams which makes it not that interesting. Teams is a possibility to make the competition more even, but I don't know how to make it happen as it tends to actually work the other way. Teams should have the same car.

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - III
Different Cars - I

same cars would be nice, but then 1 driver is driving alone in each division, as we only have 7 of each class in each division.

Monza Laps
25 -
30 -
35 - III

Skip the team-thing.. Doesn't work, and just adds headake to keep trail of everything..

You could do a constuctors championship. If the race have 4 GT-R's, 2 NSX's, 1 Z, just give the Z 4 * points.. The NSX's 2 * points, and the GT-R's will have 1 * points.. Am I way off?

We can do teams but not with same cars. It just wouldn't look right having 7 Nismo Z's and 7 Garaiya's in 1 Grid.

Incase it wasn't already obvious, I'm having to pull out of this event, don't have the time to put it simply and I don't want to make a half job.

Incase it wasn't already obvious, I'm having to pull out of this event, don't have the time to put it simply and I don't want to make a half job.

Took you off the list already.

Your name is on the standings simply for decoration ;)

Took you off the list already.

Your name is on the standings simply for decoration ;)

I did notice I was off that list, but I wanted to be absolutely clear 👍. Disappointed as the taste of the series I got was a nice one, but I barely get to play GT once a week at the moment and I can't see that getting bigger any time soon.

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - III
Different Cars - III

Monza Laps
25 -
30 -
35 - IIIII

Also if teams were implemented, would they be random or chosen?
As i don't know anyone here as im new to the forums,i wouldn't of thought too many people would be running to pick me :D

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - III
Different Cars - IIII

Monza Laps
25 -
30 -
35 - IIIIII

I think with everybody having the same car it might make it unfair, whereas if they were different cars it might be more fair?

I have all the premium super gt cars, and some of the standards, also a mazda 6 touring car, pretty sure its the same as atenza, and i got a pace car lol, i cant send untill tomorrow though

2 Car Teams
a headache to setup with no benefit...just gives masi more work rather than focusing on improving the current series...maybe next season

Monza Laps
25 -
30 - I
35 - IIIIII

I don't think there's too much point in teams, but I do like the idea of a constructors championship.

i.e for the GT500 class: Honda vs Lexus vs Nissan vs Toyota

Constructors points are awarded by Total Number of points collected divide by number of drivers.

I.e. if 5 NSX drivers raced, and they collected a total points haul of 100,

then Honda would get awarded 20 points (100/5). This way one might also get to see which machinery becomes dominant too.

Even if this idea doesnt get picked up I might just keep track of this as a curiosity when the real season starts :)

I don't think there's too much point in teams, but I do like the idea of a constructors championship.

i.e for the GT500 class: Honda vs Lexus vs Nissan vs Toyota

Constructors points are awarded by Total Number of points collected divide by number of drivers.

I.e. if 5 NSX drivers raced, and they collected a total points haul of 100,

then Honda would get awarded 20 points (100/5). This way one might also get to see which machinery becomes dominant too.

Even if this idea doesnt get picked up I might just keep track of this as a curiosity when the real season starts :)

Great idea! 👍

With all these drivers participating, would it not be a good idea to have a Division 3 race?

i was thinking the same thing...just to give those who don't make d1 or d2 an opportunity to run a race after spending all week on their setup

Back