::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
I'm with him, the team thing adds a whole bunch of hassle for no real benefit to my mind.

I think like you. 👍 Don't bother with it in my opinion.

When is the wednesday qualy? i thought i was today? if so what time, if not when is it?

Read the first post? 💡

Tree'd :D

P.S today is Wednesday.

Wednesday Super Lap Qualifying - Roll Call!

GT500
Johnkiller2 - Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z
faqoldschool - Takata Dome NSX
Paginas - Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z
GTP_PaggyDaggy - Lexus DENSO Dunlop Sard

GT300
GTP_Masicampo - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
cranky123 - Autobacs ARTA Gariaya
cranky456 - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7
GTGTA - Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Neomone - Celica OR RX7. I'm still undecided.
RetriSearain - car TBA
donoman3000 - Lexus Weds Sport IS350
GTP_Senninha Autobacs Arta Garayia
kroxsox - RX-7
GTP_african_kat - Autobacs Arta Garayia
Scanny_Flick - Car TBA

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - III
Different Cars - IIIII

Team pairs could be assigned randomly by Masi to avoid best drivers pairing up, would have to be different cars though as it just causes problems when people are driving cars they dont want to

With regards to having an odd number of cars in each division (7 and 7), i know its maybe less authentic but why not run seperate races for GT500 and GT300? For me it would be much more exciting racing against 13 other cars rather than 6. I dont know, there maybe a reason that i have missed for running 7 and 7

Monza Laps
25 -
30 - I
35 - IIIIIII

Last edited:
woo im 2nd on the new points table... (with only 2 races :sly: )

also theres alot of gt300 doing qualifing tonight, last week there was loads of gt500 and its the other way round lol

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - III
Different Cars - IIIIII

Monza Laps
25 -
30 - I
35 - IIIIIIII

The team thing will only work with different cars for the reasons above. I would team with cranky456 for obvious reasons but im sure everyone could get in a team but if you dont wanna run in the team championship then you shouldnt have too.

I offer to help calculate points watch replays and hold sessions to help with the teams.

GT500
NIlsUrban - Xanavi Nismo GTR

GT300
RetriSearain - car TBA
kroxsox - RX-7
Scanny_Flick - Car TBA

GT500
NIlsUrban - Xanavi Nismo GTR
OwensRacing - Xanavi Nismo Z

GT300
RetriSearain - car TBA
kroxsox - RX-7
Scanny_Flick - Car TBA

6176_1159709880674_1465598305_30432051_5131056_n.jpg

Lives: Manchester,UK
Lives with: Brother and parents
Children / Pets: None / A whippet and a border collie
School: Accrington college
Major: i have a level 3 in vehicle maintanence and repair which is pretty high in the UK
Work: Looking for a job
1 interesting fact: I once broke my bro arm i know i shouldnt gloat but it was long time ago.
Favorite motor-sport and why: WRC-them guys are nuts specially at finland.
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo:First started when my dad got the first playstation when i was a kid and guess what come with it :)
Real Life Racing Background: nothing but a bit off a laugh on karts.
Car History: none yet nut soon as i get job i will add one on here lol but something small and cheap i suppose.

Does any one know why my NAT Type has changed all of a sudden and now i cant join from room numbers.

Oh and if i cant get back to 2 before race i will need to be the hosts friend or someones in that race so i can join from them.

Im already masi`s friend so qualifying shouldnt be a problem.

Does any one know why my NAT Type has changed all of a sudden and now i cant join from room numbers.

Oh and if i cant get back to 2 before race i will need to be the hosts friend or someones in that race so i can join from them.

Im already masi`s friend so qualifying shouldnt be a problem.

Originally posted by TouringBubble:

Okay, did some looking around this morning and did find some info. Below is a list of some possible fixes for the 774 error that keeps you out of online games. Basically, you need to have a NAT2 connection. Many peopel are getting NAT3 connections and that's the issue.

MTU value - Set up you internet connection via the XMB and manually set your MTU value to 1492. Test the connection and see if you get NAT2.

UPnP - Randomly my PS3 will not register availability of UPnP from the router. Set up the connection again to see if it registers UPnP and NAT2.

Port Forwarding - You can try setting up port forwards for GT5. You can find a guide for your router here. For quick reference, the ports are 5223 (TCP), 3478 (UDP), 3479 (UDP) and 3658 (UDP). This requires you to set a static IP in the PS3's connection settings.

Bypass the NAT firewall - Many routers have an option to put an IP address outside of the NAT firewall. My Belkin only allows it to be one IP address and it's labeled "DMZ." this may be different on your router. To do this, check the firewall settings on your router and set up a static IP for your PS3 to place it outside the firewall.

I hope this info helps everyone.

Originally posted by TouringBubble:

Okay, did some looking around this morning and did find some info. Below is a list of some possible fixes for the 774 error that keeps you out of online games. Basically, you need to have a NAT2 connection. Many peopel are getting NAT3 connections and that's the issue.

MTU value - Set up you internet connection via the XMB and manually set your MTU value to 1492. Test the connection and see if you get NAT2.

UPnP - Randomly my PS3 will not register availability of UPnP from the router. Set up the connection again to see if it registers UPnP and NAT2.

Port Forwarding - You can try setting up port forwards for GT5. You can find a guide for your router here. For quick reference, the ports are 5223 (TCP), 3478 (UDP), 3479 (UDP) and 3658 (UDP). This requires you to set a static IP in the PS3's connection settings.

Bypass the NAT firewall - Many routers have an option to put an IP address outside of the NAT firewall. My Belkin only allows it to be one IP address and it's labeled "DMZ." this may be different on your router. To do this, check the firewall settings on your router and set up a static IP for your PS3 to place it outside the firewall.

I hope this info helps everyone.

Thanks for posting this the MTU thing didnt work but i will try others later. I will just add everyone lol my NAT has always been 2 played Call of Duty for years always 2 now all of a sudden 3 no change of router or anything.

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - IIII
Different Cars - IIIIII

Monza Laps
25 -
30 - I
35 - IIIIIIIII

I'm with 35 laps, however it could cause problems unless races start earlier because my internet gets turned off around 11:30GMT. Would like to see what will be done with times in response to lap changes.

2 Car Teams
Same Cars - IIII
Different Cars - IIIIII

Monza Laps
25 -
30 - I
35 - IIIIIIIII

I'm with 35 laps, however it could cause problems unless races start earlier because my internet gets turned off around 11:30GMT. Would like to see what will be done with times in response to lap changes.

Internet goes off? The internet here never sleeps. :)

Seriously curious what that is about?

picture.php

Lives: Northern Illinois
Lives with: Wife, Daughter, and 2 dogs
Children / Pets: 1 / 2 dogs - Both Chihuahuas
School: Coastline COommunity College
Major: Finance
Work: Full-Time Military
Favorite motor-sport and why: Rally, it looks extremely difflicult to master.
When and how did you get into Gran Turismo: I really got into Gran Turismo with the Prologue but played the previous versions. Love GT5!
Car History: '85 Pontiac Firebird Drag car, '72 Buick LeSabre, '85 Mustang GT Drag car, '90 Ford Thunderbird Sport, 95 Ford Thunderbird LX and currently own an '03 Mazda Protege 5 and a '00 Nissan Pathfinder.

Crashed the Firebird and Mustang at the drag strip. Sold both Thunderbirds and traded the Buick for a motorcycle.

You race at 41? AKA No Limit now.

ChitownRacing.com member?

Last edited by a moderator:
just done 1.49.9xx in practice room a like, my 2nd lap,, is it any good for GT500's or am I painfully slow?

never really tried hard tires on these kinda cars til now

Also, I'm not really sure whether my GT-R is fully broken in or not, it's got 522 CV (dunno how much that is in BHP, can't find a converter anywhere).

EDIT: 1.48.6xxx after tweaking the settings a bit!

EDIT#2 nvm, just seen the list in the OP!

Last edited:
just a quick question....

The curbs on the chincanes are slightly odd, 1 half is painted red and white (normal looking curb) the other is green, however its still part of the curb as it vibrates the controller and has tyres marks all over it yes?

can we use it or not?

i kind of have a similar question because there is alot of play when it comes to these chicanes.

is it outside the white lines with more than 2 wheels is out? or outside the red and white curbing with more than 2 wheels?

quali is in 45mins right?

just a quick question....

The curbs on the chincanes are slightly odd, 1 half is painted red and white (normal looking curb) the other is green, however its still part of the curb as it vibrates the controller and has tyres marks all over it yes?

can we use it or not?

I dont think we can use them pretty sure it says on one of first posts. Monza would be easy to cut the chicanes if we could drive on green.

but i think as long as two wheels still on the black tarmac it clean.

Id wait to see what masi puts.

i kind of have a similar question because there is alot of play when it comes to these chicanes.

is it outside the white lines with more than 2 wheels is out? or outside the red and white curbing with more than 2 wheels?

quali is in 45mins right?

i think its now 9GMT it was on monday

Last edited by a moderator:
IV. Track Contact
a) Drivers must always keep 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
b) The edges of the track are marked with white lines and are considered to be a part of the track.
c) The Rumble Strips are part of the track; however, the green painted concrete next to it are not.

Green concrete is not part of the track. Where there is rumble strip (red and white), the rumble strip will be the edge of the track. 2 wheels can be off the track as long as 2 wheels are on this red and white rumble strip. Similarly where this is no rumble strip, just track then grass, 2 wheels can be on the grass as long as 2 wheels are on the track. Same thing applies to the run-off area just after Ascari.

Green concrete is not part of the track. Where there is rumble strip (red and white), the rumble strip will be the edge of the track. 2 wheels can be off the track as long as 2 wheels are on this red and white rumble strip. Similarly where this is no rumble strip, just track then grass, 2 wheels can be on the grass as long as 2 wheels are on the track. Same thing applies to the run-off area just after Ascari.

yes i know that... however at monza its different.... the rubble strip is (inside) red and white and (outside) green with tyres marks all over them.....
then there is the astro turf which is green aswell

get me?

yes i know that... however at monza its different.... the rubble strip is (inside) red and white and (outside) green with tyres marks all over them.....
then there is the astro turf which is green aswell

get me?

Yeah. The stuff with tyre marks all over them is concrete. :D It's a safe bet to go with that anyway. Then you won't aim for driving over this and touching the astro instead. :P

Back