::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
yes i know that... however at monza its different.... the rubble strip is (inside) red and white and (outside) green with tyres marks all over them.....
then there is the astro turf which is green aswell

get me?

id play safe and keep two wheels on the black stuff.

i think that was only because masi was late, but either way...just trying to get a confirmed time

That's correct. And i will be late once again. Im about 30 miles away from my PS3, so I'll open the room at exactly 9.00 pm GMT.

the thing is, the way you approach these chicanes makes or break your lap (I'm talking about 1+ seconds differences here) since there isn't much else at Monza besides straights, thus there should be pictures showing people what's considered as "track" and what isn't.

Something like this (although, rules may differ in the WSGTC, this is just an example):

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5415/sgttagli.png

right the 2 chincanes... turn 1 2 4 5 yes?

the curbs have not just red and white they also have green so il work from inside to outside ok?

CURB/RUMBLE STRIP - White/Red (inside curb) Green (outside curb) got me?

Then its astro turf (green also) and big arse speed bums etc etc

i would gte photo but im lazy...

anyway ive had a word with Nycrom and he agrees as he did it in his quali test with masi watching...

C.D
the thing is, the way you approach these chicanes makes or break your lap (I'm talking about 1+ seconds differences here), thus there should be pictures showing people what's considered as "track" and what isn't.

Something like this (although, rules may differ in the WSGTC, this is just an example):

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5415/sgttagli.png

as far as see that picture is correct for all but the last few as 2 wheels must in contact wwith the track at all times.

as far as see that picture is correct for all but the last few as 2 wheels must in contact wwith the track at all times.

correct but monza is special lol. a good time is how you attack the curbs and the chincanes are odd as the curbs r different

masi, we are trying to get the chicanes right...

is it at least two wheels on the curbing(red and white) allowed?

or at least two wheels inside the white line?

lol your not understanding me..........

yes normal curbs are red and white

but the 2 chicanes at monza are red white and GREEN - which is on the outside of the curb.... not the flat green part (which is astro i dunno, run off area)

The white line is nothing... white line counts as the road. 2 wheels on red and white rumble strip, 2 wheels on green concrete/grass is fine.

About the green concrete which is actually rumbly and with tyre marks over it :P I would say that's not part of the track but it's not my decision to say. We had the green concrete at the chicance at Nurb GP not part of the track so I don't see why this is different because it makes you vibrate. :D

right the 2 chincanes... turn 1 2 4 5 yes?

the curbs have not just red and white they also have green so il work from inside to outside ok?

CURB/RUMBLE STRIP - White/Red (inside curb) Green (outside curb) got me?

Then its astro turf (green also) and big arse speed bums etc etc

i would gte photo but im lazy...

anyway ive had a word with Nycrom and he agrees as he did it in his quali test with masi watching...

i agree because part of the rumble is in the green, but either way as long as we know how to avoid being penalized

correct but monza is special lol. a good time is how you attack the curbs and the chincanes are odd as the curbs r different

i know what you mean. im just going to keep two wheels on black as much as i can. Thats wat i bein practicing maybe thats why i cant beat 1:55 and some have 1:54.

As long as it is green, it is not part of the track.

Here is a few pics from the old WRS qualifier:

dirty01.jpg
dirty01.jpg

clean02.jpg
dirty02.jpg

clean06.jpg
dirty06.jpg

clean04.jpg
dirty04.jpg

sorry (Nycrom) but how comes nycrom's lap is clean if he used the grean part of the rumble strip?

Last edited:
Ill have to view the replay again and confirm.

...just in case people missed it:

i think that was only because masi was late, but either way...just trying to get a confirmed time

That's correct. And i will be late once again. Im about 30 miles away from my PS3, so I'll open the room at exactly 9.00 pm GMT.

i hvnt seen it myself, but ive been talking with him and he showed me where he went, which i thought myself was clean as its a "Curb/rumble strip" il try get photo now of me on it...

i just wanna get this clear before i do my lap.... because the curbs are different at the chicanes....

thanks for the photos masi, that makes it clear

i think nycroms lap is clean because gt's penalty system is more forgiving than what we've been running here...like a nurburg last week, we werent allowed to run wide on turn 4, but gt penalty system will let you

Right 1st chicane (sorry did it in rush)
RED/WHITE/GREEN Curb allowed or not
autodromonazionalemonzav.jpg

2nd Chincane
RED/WHITE/GREEN Curb allowed or not
autodromonazionalemonzab.jpg

wow my car is nice and shinny lol

that what i wasnt sure about either...if i stay on the white an red...it about .5-1 sec slower than if i run onto the green...a big difference

It's dirty if he were to carry on rolling forward in the FIRST pic, because then he would have 4 tyres on GREEN cement which is not allowed.

It's not that hard, really. :rolleyes:

i hvnt seen it myself, but ive been talking with him and he showed me where he went, which i thought myself was clean as its a "Curb/rumble strip" il try get photo now of me on it...

i just wanna get this clear before i do my lap.... because the curbs are different at the chicanes....

Both me and Masi both declaired it dirty when the lap was completed

That shows the template I used that night, sorry if the image is not very clear.

It's dirty if he were to carry on rolling forward in the FIRST pic, because then he would have 4 tyres on GREEN cement which is not allowed.

It's not that hard, really. :rolleyes:

yes its just a stationary photo i know if i was to roll forward it would hit the lighter green

Back