NASCAR Race: 100 laps at Daytona.

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 68 comments
  • 4,514 views

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
Messages
5,897
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
Messages
The_Bman24
Hey. Looking for clean racers for this event. This race will have several rules and will have one car each on the track, so no two drivers will be using the same car.

RULES / GUIDELINES:
1. Bump drafting is allowed on straights and corners. However, keep bump drafting on corners to a minimum.
2. No intentional crashing, spinning, or driving the wrong way trying to ram people.
3. No strong language.
4. Mechanical damage will be set to high, and driving aids are off.
5. Failure to acknowledge these rules and breaking them will lead to a mandatory pitting. If said person doesn't enter the pits on the next lap, they are disqualified from the race.
6. Cars are to stay double file during pace laps and cautions.
7. Pace laps/cautions will last 2 laps.
8. Cautions occur when multiple cars spin out. However, if a single car spins out on the main part of the track it might spark a caution.
9. Most important, you MUST own a stock car, so level 21's and up.
10. Pace laps will be at a pace of 80 mph.
 
Last edited:
Drivers:

#24 DuPont Impala - Stormtrooper2178
#11 FedEx Camry - JojoOfTeDoomsday
#48 Lowes Impala - doctsuru_69
#20 Home Depot or GameStop Camry - Sephy71
#99 Aflac Fusion -
#43 Best Buy / Insignia Fusion - GTP_CAMikaze
#42 Target Impala -
#14 Office Depot / Old Spice Impala -
#88 Amp Energy / National Guard Impala -
#18 M&M's Camry - Knelly
#83 Red Bull Camry - Daverytimes
Pace Car Driver - turbogeit

Race is this Tuesday at 4:00 PM Eastern US time, so our friends in Europe can participate.
 
Last edited:
Hey. Looking for clean racers for this event. This race will have several rules and will have one car each on the track, so no two drivers will be using the same car.

RULES / GUIDELINES:
1. Bump drafting is allowed on straights and corners. However, keep bump drafting on corners to a minimum.
2. No intentional crashing, spinning, or driving the wrong way trying to ram people.
3. No strong language.
4. Mechanical damage will be set to high, and driving aids are off.
5. Failure to acknowledge these rules and breaking them will lead to a mandatory pitting. If said person doesn't enter the pits on the next lap, they are disqualified from the race.
6. Cars are to stay double file during pace laps and cautions.
7. Pace laps/cautions will last 2 laps.
8. Cautions occur when multiple cars spin out. However, if a single car spins out on the main part of the track it might spark a caution.
9. Most important, you MUST own a stock car, so level 21's and up.

Track and laps: Exactly what it says on the tin.
When are you doing this
I have the Fed Ex # 11 Denny Hamlin
Lowes # 48 Jimmy Johnston
Best Buy # 99 A.J.Almendinger
PSN name abetterplaya
 
When are you doing this
I have the Fed Ex # 11 Denny Hamlin
Lowes # 48 Jimmy Johnston
Best Buy # 99 A.J.Almendinger
PSN name abetterplaya

This upcoming at Tuesday at 4:00 PM Eastern US, so our friends in Europe could also participate. What car are you driving?
 
Last edited:
How will you do to make people respect the rules? Do you have a pace-car driver?
 
How will you do to make people respect the rules? Do you have a pace-car driver?

The people who have headsets will remind me, and I don't have a pace car driver yet.
 
The people who have headsets will remind me, and I don't have a pace car driver yet.

Depends on when (which date and which hour (I'm in Europe) you will hold the race, but if I'm free and if you're interested, I could drive the pace car.

One problem, last time I tried my headphone, it didn't work
 
Pls include me. PSN ID: doctsuru_69. my time zone is HK +8, but i can adjust to ur time zone, no problem with me.
 
Pls include me. PSN ID: doctsuru_69. my time zone is HK +8, but i can adjust to ur time zone, no problem with me.

What car? Don't forget to choose your car when leaving a post.
 
Still any interest in this?
 
Interested. I'll drive the Aflac Fusion.
PSN - ajgebhardt
 
A 100 lap race at daytona is 250 miles. The NASCAR Nationwide Series runs races that long, for those who don't know NASCAR, nationwide is kind of like their verison of triple-A, only more important. You might as well just call it the Daytona 250.
 
Im in, will do a youtube video commentary on that one, but just of the highlights since 100 laps will exeed youtube's time limit :sly:

Chris
 
I'm in. Using the #20 Gamestop Camry.
 
Im in, will do a youtube video commentary on that one, but just of the highlights since 100 laps will exeed youtube's time limit :sly:

Chris

Or if you wanted you could divide the video into different parts.

Now I was interested in having times like this.

3:00 PM. Room opens.
3:30 PM. Practice and qualification begins.
4:00 PM. Race begins.

What do you think?
 
Hi Storm, definately interested and will be good practice for Chadwicks on Saturday week.

Can I have the #18 Camry please. Thanks :)
 
This upcoming at Tuesday at 4:00 PM Eastern US, so our friends in Europe could also participate. What car are you driving?

Can't do it at that time have a hockey game at 5.:grumpy:
 
I have HD capture capabilities and would also like to do some commentary - Chris, send me a message and maybe we can figure out a way to do this
 
Am in 👍, just send me a friend request
PSN: Daverytimes.
 
All confirmed my end, see you from 8:00 GMT. Looking forward to it.
 
When is this race?
 
Last edited:
Tomorrow at 4PM EST.
 
Think I'm gonna have to withdraw from this one. Next time hopefully. I just have some things to do tomorrow afternoon now
 
Race is tomorrow so don't miss it.
 
Last edited:
Hi Storm, was racing with Gtuuk around Indy last night and changed the settings to acommodate the course.

Forgot to write down my Daytona settings, so to be competitive tonight, would you be able to share yours?

Looking forward to the race. :)
 
I honestly don't have a good Daytona setup yet. So, I think that i'll post it tomorrow. I might.
 
Last edited:
Just to confirm Storm, the race is tonight isn't it?
 
I'll send a message when back home to a few that I know, if they are on, will attend.

Dararo
Capn-Badger
dgt1234 (numbers are wrong)
Zip
Chopperbum
Hence

You may have seen some of them around.

Can't do this till about an hour before room opens but if they see me in there, they may join up. They all race well.
 
So sickened I can't play this during th week. Is there a possibility of re-hosting on Friday or Saturday if this goes well?
 
Back