NASCAR Race: 100 laps at Daytona.

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 68 comments
  • 4,514 views
I've got a Pace Car I could bring along and help you out if you need it. Sadly no headset though.
 
I can't make it...I have work until 5...oh well.
 
Im in, will do a youtube video commentary on that one, but just of the highlights since 100 laps will exeed youtube's time limit :sly:

Chris

Chris what car are you using?

I can't make it...I have work until 5...oh well.

Nice to see another south Floridian, am from Broward county, North Lauderdale.


DAVE
 
Last edited:
West Palm 👍

I've been to Sunrise.... Ikea... lmao
 
I will join i a, +00 so im ok is it tonight?.... if so my car is the Jeff Gordon #24 Chevy
 
I presume the lounge will be open at 9 PM Paris time and race will start at 10 PM Paris time.

Are these the rules:

- Pace Car, which I will be driving waits at the end of the pitlane.
- By intervention, it completes that lap and pits at the end of the following lap. Overtaking may start at the moment of crossing the finishline

One question, I am not used with American Pace Cars. I only know the safety cars in formula. There the rule is that when the pace car comes out, cars may double it until the leader arrives behind the pace car. Is this the case here also.

Edit:

-Start: standing, or after 1 or two laps behind pace car.
- I suppose the pace car accelerates at the end of its intervention before pitting.

I bought a headphone with microphone yesterday. Hope they will function.
 
Last edited:
I will join i a, +00 so im ok is it tonight?.... if so my car is the Jeff Gordon #24 Chevy

Depending on were you're from, its 4pm EST.








Dave
 
I've got a Pace Car I could bring along and help you out if you need it. Sadly no headset though.
I got a Pace car as well as a headphone. Mind if I join the fun as a Pace Car Driver? :)
 
Several things to state. You must own a NASCAR for the event, turbogeit is using the pace car, the #24 Impala is taken, and the pace car finishes the pace lap by entering the pit lane and staying at the end of it until a caution comes out.
 
What is he using for a pace car? I think the SLS AMG would be awesome. I never got tired of seeing it during last year's F1 season lol.
 
If there's still time to sign up, I'd like to do so. I'll be the #11 FedEx Camry.









PSN
<
 
Might not be on till about 8:15 but am definately there Storm - see you soon :)
 
OK then, I'll race in the #43 Best Buy Ford Fusion then. :)

I'll be sending the Friend request right away.
 
Room opens in about 10 minutes. If you want to come early and have some short races i'd be glad to allow this. :)
 
Will the room be in "Open Lobby" or friends list only "Lounge"?
 
Ok im in your lobby now!

Edit: There is no one here and it says Lemons Qualifier?!
 
Good race guys! My fingers are hurting. Possibly someone can upload the replay to YouTube.
 
Holy crap that was awesome. Got around 200,000 credits for winning and even got enough xp to unlock the Suzuka 1000km and the X1 Challenge! Great race guys, and I will keep hosting these races as long as people will join them!
 
I'll be there Storm, and thanks a lot for hosting it. I have a confession, I purposly put too little fuel in because I thought you should win the first hosted event ;) Yeah Right.

Foiled by my own fuel strategy.

Big shout out to out Pace Car, thought he did a fabulous job.

Look forward to further events, but please no Andy :)
 
^^^^^^^ Hahahaha



That was a great race I had a lot of fun. Thanks for putting it together Storm and I will be there next Tuesday! Once again I will volunteer to be the pace car so Turbo can race. Can't wait!
 
I'll be there if my work schedule allows. :) It was fun and I hope you d/led the replay. Near the 3/4 - 4/5th's mark I did something that would probably be worthy of Project Gotham Racing parody material. I started to lose the back end in Turn 2 and had the car doing a power drift. I was able to get the car straightened out, but it nosed into the outside wall on the back stretch at the last second.:ouch:

<<

>>

So uh... How many Kudos did I lose with that crash? :O:dopey:

Anyways, a little help and advice for settings up the car for the Daytona highbanks please. I saw that I was roughly 3 seconds a lap off of the pace during the race. :) Maybe next time we can do Qualifying like NASCAR does with the Outlaps followed by 2 laps to set a Qualifying time. :D
 
It was a fine race to follow from the place where I was.
In fact, didn't go to sleep immediately, but took my Nascar-car to go training, because I believe I need some practice.
So, Storm, could it be possible to open the lounge, wednesday or tuesday, just for some practice. I am not jet used to drive on bankings with another car aside of me, with a real driver, not the IA.
 
Is there a possibility of doing this again on Saturday?
 
Is there a possibility of doing this again on Saturday?

We run on Tuesdays. Sorry.

As for CAMikaze, a good setup would be 18.5 spring rate for the front and 18.0 for the rear. This may vary with every NASCAR, however, as i've seen different settings even for 2 Impalas.
 
Also don't be afraid to run a lot of negative camber. Helps a lot in the corners and doesn't affect it on the straights.
 
OK, I'll keep them in mind. :) As for the transmission, what do you you guys usually set it at?

Also, what controller do you use for the races? I have a DFP here.
 
I used a DS3, and maaaaan my fingers were hurting afterwards.
 
OK, I'll keep them in mind. :) As for the transmission, what do you you guys usually set it at?

Also, what controller do you use for the races? I have a DFP here.

Trans set at 242. Using a DS3.
 
Back