NASCAR Race: 100 laps at Daytona.

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 68 comments
  • 4,514 views
While training after the race, I tried some setups.

For Daytona:

-soft or hard tyres: makes 0,3 seconds difference in a lap (alone on the tracks)
- Downforce: doesn't help for hotlaps: fastest hotlaps made with lowest possible downforce (front and back)
- Brakes: not used

On the contrary, on Indianapolis, downforce is important and tyres make a greater difference. Don't remember laptimes, because that experience is some weeks old, when I did about a 100 times a race at Indy to gain credits (96.000 for each win).

By the way, for me it would be more practical if the next races could start half an hour later. Normally, I'm still busy on tuesdays until 4.15 pm.
 
While training after the race, I tried some setups.

For Daytona:

-soft or hard tyres: makes 0,3 seconds difference in a lap (alone on the tracks)
- Downforce: doesn't help for hotlaps: fastest hotlaps made with lowest possible downforce (front and back)
- Brakes: not used

On the contrary, on Indianapolis, downforce is important and tyres make a greater difference. Don't remember laptimes, because that experience is some weeks old, when I did about a 100 times a race at Indy to gain credits (96.000 for each win).

By the way, for me it would be more practical if the next races could start half an hour later. Normally, I'm still busy on tuesdays until 4.15 pm.

Good advice. Thanks.
 
Half an hour later would be better for me also, as I generally have to fight for control of the TV.

Kept waking up last night thinking (bloody fuel strategy, if only I put 5 more litres in)

Reponse to pad used, I actually use a DFGT wheel, saves your fingers but kills your right shoulder with all that left turning.

Setups are very different in respect of Daytona and Indy, my Daytona is basically middling to high in most areas, and when in race have transmission at 249 (due to catching draft) rather than 242 for qualifying.

Will you be doing this weekly or fortnightly Storm?
 
Kept waking up last night thinking (bloody fuel strategy, if only I put 5 more litres in)

Haha I saw your post in the other thread but I'll respond here. Yeah I bet you're kicking yourself in the butt, but in a NASCAR race everyone gambles with fuel at the end. Another driver here even said he ran out of fuel on the last lap in the chat, something I've done in other NASCAR races online. It's the chance you take.
 
What was really great, when you saw it form the side of the road, lik I did, was the fact that it really looked like a real world nascar race with the same suspense until the last lap.

It would still be better with, let's say 10 drivers instead of 6. Let's hope some other guys will joins us next time.

By the way, which other thread are you speaking about?
 
He posted in the Formula 1 thread I made.


Also yeah more people would be better but that was still great! Glad to hear it looks pretty good from the sidelines as I will be pace car next week. Also being able to hear "team chatter" hahaha.
 
@StormTrooper:

- Can you confirm we race next tuesday. And at which hour? is 4:30 pm ok?
Really looking out for it.

By the way: Nissan Pace car is now in the seasonal UCD, for about 100.000 cr.
 
I'm scheduled to work until 3:15 pm on Tuesday, but the trip home on the bus will force me to miss the race on Tuesday. Sorry fellas. :(
 
Back